Turtle Beach Ear Force X31, $59.99, lowest price ever (was $100)

The new x32 and all the new turtle beach wireless ones they announced at ces have the dual band wifi thing so it doesn't run on just 2.4ghz with the chance for a lot of interference

The 50mm speakers are definitely worth the wait. I had both a tritton ax720 (I think it was that, it had 40 mm speakers) and the Earforce X12s (50 mm speakers). The x12s had much better sound and a lot deeper bass than the more expensive Trittons!

This deal led me to $50 Earforce X12s which I bought instead. Heh. :D

(I would have bought the X31s, but I wanted something that would work with multiple platforms.)

[quote name='orcishlad']This deal led me to $50 Earforce X12s which I bought instead. Heh. :D

(I would have bought the X31s, but I wanted something that would work with multiple platforms.)[/QUOTE]

FWIW they will work with other platforms. The mic boom doesn't work with PSN, but who talks on there anyways?

I bought the X31s on a brief sale at TRU for just over $60, otherwise they've always been a higher price as the OP and others here said. They're great wireless headphones for the money; although waiting for the X32x might not be a bad idea, with the larger sized speakers.

They don't have any kind of surround sound, but for basic headphones they work great. I think the microphone only works with the 360 (for chat) but these headphones should otherwise work with other platforms (PS3, PS, etc.).

This may be a stupid question, but can I use these to watch movies, etc?

And if I wanted to use it on my bigger tv on blu ray or no?

[quote name='nmeurett']In your opinion is that worth the extra $80? I mainly play call of duty.[/QUOTE]

I have had the x31 and now have the x41 and for FPS once you get used to the simulated surround sound you can definitely tell the direction sounds are coming from better with the x41 vs the x31. With just the stereo sounds you can hear but not tell where. Now that I am used to the x41 I an hear people running behind me way before i can see them. It helps a lot on Call of Duty, etc.

Just my 2 cents

[quote name='nmeurett']Just bought the X31's couldnt justify spending an extra $80 bucks. Ive never owned a headset for my 360 so hopefully I like it![/QUOTE]
If you want surround later, then you can get the DSS (or the DSS2?, which I guess is a new model). I have the DSS and it works really well. Amazon has it on sale sometimes for around $50. I'm guessing the DSS2 will replace it though. Surround really helps with call of duty and fps games. You can use the DSS with any headphones as well.

What's the point of larger drivers? It seems like it would just make the headset a lot heavier, and unlike regular speakers, it's lot like you need the volume to fill a room....they're on your ears.

I received the X31s for Christmas, and I love them.
Solid sound. Separate volume control for chat and game sounds. Mute button on the chat wire and the chat wire is detachable from the headset, if you are not using it with the XBox.
Just another data point.

Sorry to bump this thread but I just wanted to say that I noticed Walmart has marked this head set down to $60 as well but I am sure that at the B&M stores YMMV. Sadly at walmart it is only good in store only I believe.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Sorry to bump this thread but I just wanted to say that I noticed Walmart has marked this head set down to $60 as well but I am sure that at the B&M stores YMMV. Sadly at walmart it is only good in store only I believe.[/QUOTE]

Seems like they're starting to clear stock at other places too. Newegg has been having the x11, x31 and x41 headsets for sale under open box lately as well. I picked up a pair of x31s for 33 dollars. Although they were recertified they work perfectly fine.

bread's done
Back