Turtle Beach Ear Force X41 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headphones (360) - $109.99 at Amazon

jfinney_666

CAGiversary!
Deal Link (Amazon)

Turtle Beach's Ear Force X41 wireless 7.1 virtual surround sound headphones are only $109.99 new from amazon, with free super saver shipping as an option.

These normally sell on Amazon for about $139.99, and they are a well-reviewed model, if a bit older.

I ordered mine on 2/24/2012, and they will be here on the 25th. I'd been waiting for the right time to buy these for a while now, and I finally sprung for them at this price.

Info from Turtle Beach's site

These are virtual surround sound, meaning the actual speakers are only stereo, but the transmitter processes the audio to make it seem like it's surround sound, with Dolby Headphone technology. I haven't used them yet, but from everything I've read, it's very effective. This is not meant as a slight to these headphones, I'm just doing what I can to inform everyone who may not be aware.

Reviews:
And for your information, these are most likely being discounted because the slightly-improved, and yet to be reviewed, X42 headphones are coming out soon, but the only significant difference is that the X41s are set to a certain 2.4GHz RF frequency, and the X42s will automatically detect the best 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency, which will supposedly cut down on the already-minimal interference.

X42 Information from Turtle Beach (See for yourself!)

Happy Cheap Ass Gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bit on these way back in the day using an Amazon trade-in promo... really can't recommend them highly enough. IIRC, there are problems using its mic on the PS3 (standard gaming audio works fine; ie, everything sounds amazing), but I also believe a workaround was released since then.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I bit on these way back in the day using an Amazon trade-in promo... really can't recommend them highly enough. IIRC, there are problems using its mic on the PS3 (standard gaming audio works fine; ie, everything sounds amazing), but I also believe a workaround was released since then.[/QUOTE]

There is an adapter available here from Turtle Beach if you'd like to use chat with the PS3 and/or PC. That or a compatible equivalent may be available cheaper elsewhere.

THanks for these although im sure they were posted about in another thread. Anyhows these are pretty decent headphones so I would recommend them if your still using stock headphones for PS3/Xbox
happy.jpg

[quote name='Patrick202156']THanks for these although im sure they were posted about in another thread. Anyhows these are pretty decent headphones so I would recommend them if your still using stock headphones for PS3/Xbox
happy.jpg
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, these are really good headphones, I have em for battlefield and they work incredibly well

[quote name='WV Matsui']So these work with both Xbox and ps3?[/QUOTE]

I think the sound works for both consoles BUT if you want to chat/talk on the PS3 then you would have to buy the separate blue tooth thing from Turtle beach for a extra 49.99. That brings the cost up to $160. Then there's the PX3's that run for about $139.99 which are usable for sound/chat on both systems but you would sacrifice the dolby surround sound. Their dolby surround sound box will run you a extra $80. I researched all these headsets to hell before I bought from them.

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']I think the sound works for both consoles BUT if you want to chat/talk on the PS3 then you would have to buy the separate blue tooth thing from Turtle beach for a extra 49.99. That brings the cost up to $160. Then there's the PX3's that run for about $139.99 which are usable for sound/chat on both systems but you would sacrifice the dolby surround sound. Their dolby surround sound box will run you a extra $80. I researched all these headsets to hell before I bought from them.[/QUOTE]

I blu use chat on Xbox and play mostly SP on PS3. Would these be my best bet and be most comparable to my Sony PS3 wireless headset?

[quote name='WV Matsui']I blu use chat on Xbox and play mostly SP on PS3. Would these be my best bet and be most comparable to my Sony PS3 wireless headset?[/QUOTE]

I can't compare the X41's to the PS3 wireless headsets because I have never used them before but from my experience with turtle beach headsets I would say they are a great brand. Their sound quality is great especially with the virtual surround sound. But the X41's require a pair of AAA batteries so you have to buy a pair for it unlike the PS3 headsets. I have read that people experience hissing and popping noises from the headset due to it being wireless and using the same frequencies as other wireless products like say your Xbox or a microwave.

I bought these used from amazon warehouse deals and unfortunately they came with the wrong power adaptor, looking into it I found out this is some kind of problem they had with the refurbished ones. I ended up buying a new set from amazon for $150 and I love them, not perfect but very good. I would rate them 9/10. Sound quality is great but I have experienced some minor hissing and popping sounds.

bread's done
Back