Turtle Beach EarForce Tango Wireless 5.1 SS Headset X360 / PS3 - $199 @ Best Buy

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Turtle Beach Tango Headset for X360 / PS3 discounted at Best Buy...might be clearance as the new headsets are coming this Spring.

Retailed for $299, have been on sale for $250, now they're just $199. I picked up a pair when my X41's died on me this week and I love them:

large_image_1.jpg

Here's the product page....
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/call-of-duty-headsets/ear-force-tango/27

Speakers: 50mm diameter speakers with neodymium magnets
Bluetooth: Bluetooth radio with dual-pairing mode and A2DP compatibility
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, >120dB SPL @ 1kHz
Condenser Microphone Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz
Digital Signal Processor: Dual-Stage Digital Signal Processor for independently controlled chat, game and mic signals
USB port: USB port for programming the DSP via a Windows XP/Vista/7 computer
Audio mute: Audio mutes automatically when carrier signal is lost
Battery: Operates on rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery
Shut down: Automatic shut down after approx 5 minutes of carrier loss or silence to conserve battery power
Headphone Amplifier: Stereo 35mW/ch, THD

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the heads up. just price matched these. got $50 bucks back! (I had bought them when on sale for $250). Best buy customer service was awesome today!

I got the Tangos when they were $199 at Best Buy and returned them. I had multiple problems with them. The bluetooth chat didn't work right. It kept cutting out, turning off, un-pairing. Tried replacing it with a chat puck (not chat wire) at first it didn't work at all then you can't adjust the sound that way so chat is either blaring or silent. The headset was too big and sat on the top of the top of my ear when it should go around, wouldn't adjust shorter. I would need to alter them with foam or something to have them sit higher. I am female with an average size head, they should fit. The earcups were vinyl (not leather or fabric), hot and uncomfortable. It blocked out all sound around you, more immersive they say, which some people would like but not me. I could get the fabric ones to replace but with all the other problems it wasn't worth it. I wanted them to hear enemy footsteps but that was a problem with the game not my current headset. It didn't work any better for that. The ASE only works on a monitor with screen resolution set at 1360 or higher. I was using a temp monitor at the time and that setting was horrible. The sound was OK, it didn't blow me away. With some adjusting it was a little easier to tell where sounds were coming from than my current surround sound headset. There was not the hissing and popping that I got with the X41's so the dual band was a plus.

I was also concerned with it working for the new consoles probably out later this year. Turtle Beach couldn't say if it would work or not. They were not made to work with computers although you can rig it to work them. I think if they worked with computers they would have a better chance to work with the new consoles.

I was glad to go back to my X11's with the DSS. I am interested in the new XP Seven's. Wired always works better. But maybe I should wait until the new consoles come out.

I have some friends who love the Tango's but 2 are having bluetooth problems and one is having a problem with the fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought these as well used them for a few weeks then returned them. I only used the chat a couple of times but when I did almost everyone said they couldn't hear me very well. I tried hooking them to the computer and making adjustments but the factory stuff seemed to work the best, which is to say not that good.

The real reason I returned them was because I just didn't think they sounded that good. They were ok, but nothing better then the ones that are half to a third of their price. I have the DSS as well and that hooked up with a decent pair of headphones just sounds better to me.

For me, I don't need the chat or the wireless feature enough to sacrifice the overall sound quality. The surround sound never really cut it for me either, I never got the feeling that anything was in surround.

Yeah, I'm leery of these all-in-one models doing everything well because of all the functionality provided, plus they're a big investment since they cost as much as consoles. I'll just wait for the new models to see if they improve the audio and/or work out all the bugs.

[quote name='perdition(troy']How do you like them thus far Durban?[/QUOTE]

its hard to say they are worth $200-$300. but i got them with my xmas bonus and i love them. the settings are awesome and the chat works great for me. no background noise and wireless chat is a huge plus from previous headsets of mine. my only complaint is the fact that they stay "ON" when they are charging and even once they are fully charged... until you unplug them. seems like a wack design. either way. hope this helps.

bread's done
Back