Turtle Beach X-41 Sale @ Amazon $139.99 + Free Shipping!

northernglory

CAGiversary!
Just ordered myself a pair...cant wait! Just in time for Black Ops!

I've been sitting on these for about a week! They also work with PS3 and PC!

$139.99 + Free Super Saver Shipping.

:)

X11's on sale for $41.99, too....

I am SO tempted by these, but then I hear about the cords breaking, or the hiss on the wireless or interference... and I wonder if it's worth it. I have had a hard time pulling the trigger, even though I think I'd get my use out of them... Help me Tom Cruise!!!!

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I am SO tempted by these, but then I hear about the cords breaking, or the hiss on the wireless or interference... and I wonder if it's worth it. I have had a hard time pulling the trigger, even though I think I'd get my use out of them... Help me Tom Cruise!!!![/QUOTE]

CRG, the hissing noise isn't too bad, its just ambient when you're in the menus or there is no sound being produced, once you start a game or something, you can't even tell..Plus, don't you have a young kid?? These things are a godsend and must have if you're trying to play when they're sleeping or napping. I use my TB's everyday!!

Does Cheapie have a review of these up yet?

I want a pair of headphones for the 360, but they all seem cheesy and for the 360 only - ie not pc or stereo etc.

I'm looking at the Turtle Beach DSS too for $62 on Amazon. IT's a Dolby decoder with headphone out for 360 etc. PLug it your own headphones. I have a nice pair of cans as does my wife btw, and rather use them - wires and all.

[quote name='token2k6']Plus, don't you have a young kid?? These things are a godsend and must have if you're trying to play when they're sleeping or napping. I use my TB's everyday!![/QUOTE]

Yeah - a 2 year old... That's why these keep tempting me. I was actually really tempted by the X11's at $41... With Black Ops credit, it'd be $21.

I have MoH and Halo Reach going back this week at ~$40 each, so the 41's may be cool, too. The main problem is that I fall asleep in the floor when I put the kid to bed and rarely wake up until the morning. That's severely cutting in to my old play time at nights :)

How are these compared to the tritton 720s? i have been using the 720s since last june and love them but it's a pain to switch from laptop to console so im thinking about picking up another 720s or these.

140$ is a good price for a 200$ headset, has anyone tried both?

I have the old X-4's and they are a godsend when you have two-year-olds. My wife thought it was a pointless purchase but she uses them more than I do just for watching TV. The ambient hiss in the X4s are noticeable when there is no sound but as was stated above, you can't hear it when there is any sound at all playing through games or TV.

I was about to lay $50 down on a wireless headset to keep the toddler hands free (Damn, why do they love that chat chord that runs from the controller to headset so much!) - I'm down for another $90 to get a good wireless headset too (not to mention these are USB powered, which is a huge bonus since the house is 220 Volt all around - saves from having to run a tranformer to step it down to 110 or from buying a compatible 220 power source). Great deal, ordered them and they'll be waiting for me when I return home (currently on holiday). If the price drops on black friday, I'll repurchase, and return on the "higher" receipt to amazon. ;)

What is the difference in terms of sound quality between these and the dpx21? Now that these are on sale for practically the same price, I might as well go with these but if wireless is the only difference, I'm not too interested.

I bought the X41s in the $129.99 deal last week, and sent them back promptly. The buzzing and popping was just not worth it. I tried it in two different houses, They just suck.

FYI, with the DSS on sale for $62.99, it makes no sense to buy the DPX21 for $149.99 when you can buy the PX21+DSS for less money (it's the same thing!).

^ ^ ^ What he said. I tried two pairs and they both sucked. I wish they HADN'T sucked because I really wanted them to be awesome.

I'm enjoying my X11 + DSS right now. :)

[quote name='WilliamG']FYI, with the DSS on sale for $62.99, it makes no sense to buy the DPX21 for $149.99 when you can buy the PX21+DSS for less money (it's the same thing!).[/QUOTE]

Good call. Will all the needed wires be included if you purchase them separately, though?

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Yeah - a 2 year old... That's why these keep tempting me. I was actually really tempted by the X11's at $41... With Black Ops credit, it'd be $21.

I have MoH and Halo Reach going back this week at ~$40 each, so the 41's may be cool, too. The main problem is that I fall asleep in the floor when I put the kid to bed and rarely wake up until the morning. That's severely cutting in to my old play time at nights :)[/QUOTE]

How you getting 40 for MOH. I see 40 for reach but MOH is 26.50

[quote name='nddave']How you getting 40 for MOH. I see 40 for reach but MOH is 26.50[/QUOTE]

Locked in last week when it was at $35... I'll actually send it back this week, since I finished it and I get COD. I had been canceling and redo-ing the trade up to now.

Weird I must of got lucky cause X4's pop/hiss really bad (specialy cause I have Plasma TV), but X41 are perfect, no popping or hissing, one of the best purchases I made last year, 7.1 Dolby DIgital Surround Sound

[quote name='$hady']I bought the Tritton AX Pros a couple months ago LOVE them. My first headset crazy how much you miss on speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Tritton-Digital-Precision-Gaming-Headset-Pc

They work on 360, PS3 and PC.[/QUOTE]

while they may be good for you, I've seen Trittons in the return line at Best Buy on like 3 different occasions. :cry: To two of those people, I said you have to go with the Turtle Beach and they did just that. I'm not trying to knock Tritton b/c I've personally never used them..but it just seems to me that you'd want to go with the original..the FIRST! especially when they're in the same price range..

Yea i've never had any trouble and i'm happy with them. Just noticed the X-41's are 7.1 vs my 5.1 as well.. 5.1 sounds pretty damn good!

If it were today i'd prolly go with Turtles for $23 less lol.

I see they CAN be used on every platform even though they don't advertise that on Amazon. Another reason I liked the Trittons, I wanted them for every platform. Guess I didn't do enough research although the Turtles were higher when I bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thorgouge']Good call. Will all the needed wires be included if you purchase them separately, though?[/QUOTE]

Yes absolutely. It's actually a very simple connection. :)

USB + Optical goes from the DSS to the 360

And then USB + headphone hack from the headset to the DSS.

Simple!

And then of course you just connect the controller to the headset if you want to chat.

I personally use a really awesome pair of headphones for gaming by myself on the 360 or PS3, and then use the X11 for Live gameplay.

NOTHING beats a great pair of headphones for gaming by yourself - not the X11, X31, X41, Tritton, whatever.

I found the DSS + my Sennheiser cans = win.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazedracerguy']Locked in last week when it was at $35... I'll actually send it back this week, since I finished it and I get COD. I had been canceling and redo-ing the trade up to now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah wish i woulda done that i am doing the ole MOH COD BO switch.

I know when i get BO Nov. 9 i will not play much MOH anymore.

Best i can find now is BB 32.00 Gift card.

[quote name='token2k6']I'm not trying to knock Tritton b/c I've personally never used them..but it just seems to me that you'd want to go with the original..the FIRST! especially when they're in the same price range..[/QUOTE]Tritton has horrible costumer service via their website... I too have a pair of AX Pro and I've had to get a replacement mic book once... Which wasn't a horrible ordeal but now the mic doesn't broadcast (with either mic) on any system... 95% of the time.

At first it was a PS3 issue... Now its an everything issue. (and this is a common occurrence if you Google search it)

After waiting for 2 weeks for a reply to my trouble ticket I ordered x41s, and while I would rather have a wired headset I've been very impressed with them for the year or so that I've owned them and wouldn't look back...

Oh, and after a a few more weeks (over a month) Tritton finally replied to my trouble ticket... so, yeah, I just don't recommend Tritton to anyone anymore.

Oh, for those who do get the x41s... Make sure you get some sort of rechargeable battery system for those AAA batteries. You will need it.

[quote name='$hady']Yea i've never had any trouble and i'm happy with them. Just noticed the X-41's are 7.1 vs my 5.1 as well.. 5.1 sounds pretty damn good!

If it were today i'd prolly go with Turtles for $23 less lol.

I see they CAN be used on every platform even though they don't advertise that on Amazon. Another reason I liked the Trittons, I wanted them for every platform. Guess I didn't do enough research although the Turtles were higher when I bought.[/QUOTE]

the 5.1 is a marketing gimmick. the decoder can process 7.1 but toslink can only pass 5.1 so youll never experience 7.1

I'll be picking up the 11's @ Kmart sometime soon w/ coupons. My sound card on my computer has optical out, so that DSS module would be sweet...although not necessary.

The only tv in my apartment is a 10 year old 19" Panasonic SDTV that doesn't have S-video...much less component. Even @ that it's in the bedroom.

Most of my gaming is typically done on my pc, which I wouldn't need wireless necessarily.

[quote name='WilliamG']FYI, with the DSS on sale for $62.99, it makes no sense to buy the DPX21 for $149.99 when you can buy the PX21+DSS for less money (it's the same thing!).[/QUOTE]

great combo!

i'm an audio noob when it comes to 5.1/7.1 and i don't recall 360 games supporting 7.1, so how will having the DSS benefit my 360 enjoyment?

To anyone having a hiss problem, I recommend trying to move your wireless router to another spot if its close by. Mine only hiss or pop if a wireless router is nearby and if i move the router it goes away. Also could try going into your router config and see if you can change the frequency to another number.

[quote name='WilliamG']Yes absolutely. It's actually a very simple connection. :)

USB + Optical goes from the DSS to the 360

And then USB + headphone hack from the headset to the DSS.

Simple!

And then of course you just connect the controller to the headset if you want to chat.

I personally use a really awesome pair of headphones for gaming by myself on the 360 or PS3, and then use the X11 for Live gameplay.

NOTHING beats a great pair of headphones for gaming by yourself - not the X11, X31, X41, Tritton, whatever.

I found the DSS + my Sennheiser cans = win.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'll just do that and save the $30. Unless you or anyone else knows of a better headset for around $150-$200. That or a better headset than the px21 that works out with the DSS?

[quote name='Thorgouge']Nice, I'll just do that and save the $30. Unless you or anyone else knows of a better headset for around $150-$200. That or a better headset than the px21 that works out with the DSS?[/QUOTE]

i think the px21 is overrated. i was very disappointed in the sound, the x11 sounds better. also the px21 is an on-ear headset which I dont care for.

if you want ps3 voice chat id go with the x11 or x41 and get the adapter cable components.

have been doing some research but i can't seem to find the details, even on Turtle Beach's web. is the PX21 ear cushions sized like the X-11s or smaller than the X-11s?

[quote name='basis']have been doing some research but i can't seem to find the details, even on Turtle Beach's web. is the PX21 ear cushions sized like the X-11s or smaller than the X-11s?[/QUOTE]

my post right above yours says the px21 is an on-ear headset. the x11 is an over-ear headset.

[quote name='paz9x']my post right above yours says the px21 is an on-ear headset. the x11 is an over-ear headset.[/QUOTE]

thanks paz9x. yeh i wrote my question but left the window open for awhile before returning to hit the post button.

seems like it'll be the X-11 for me.

[quote name='paz9x']i think the px21 is overrated. i was very disappointed in the sound, the x11 sounds better. also the px21 is an on-ear headset which I dont care for.

if you want ps3 voice chat id go with the x11 or x41 and get the adapter cable components.[/QUOTE]

So what is the difference in sound quality with on-ear vs over-ear? I don't really know a lot about sound shit. Is the sound quality really that much better on the x41 and similar headsets vs the px21?

[quote name='Thorgouge']So what is the difference in sound quality with on-ear vs over-ear? I don't really know a lot about sound shit. Is the sound quality really that much better on the x41 and similar headsets vs the px21?[/QUOTE]

for me it isn't the sound quality but rather the comfort I get when putting the cans on my bespectacled head.

i think gaming headsets are overrated. I owned the AX Pro and found it to be alright, nothing extraordinary.

[quote name='Thorgouge']So what is the difference in sound quality with on-ear vs over-ear? I don't really know a lot about sound shit. Is the sound quality really that much better on the x41 and similar headsets vs the px21?[/QUOTE]

for me its a comfort issue with on-ear headsets. ive got 15 minutes at best before they get uncomfortable for me. the sound quality on the x11 with dss and the x41 are very very similar, they might be identical.
the x11 ear cup is oval shaped where the x41 is round. the x41 ear cup touches the top and bottom of my ears while the x11 sits around it.

the px21 sound quality was disappointing, that coupled with their on-ear design puts them near the bottom of the headsets ive used.

[quote name='isofan1']i think gaming headsets are overrated. I owned the AX Pro and found it to be alright, nothing extraordinary.[/QUOTE]

the ax pros were alright, the drivers dont put out great sound. they fill the frequency range well but thats about it. theyre all over priced. tritton mics suck and theyre just uncomfortable in comparison to some of the other main stream designs.

[quote name='isofan1']i think gaming headsets are overrated. I owned the AX Pro and found it to be alright, nothing extraordinary.[/QUOTE]

I concur. I use a pair of $20 Sony stereo headsets when playing at night (to not disturb anyone else) and they work great. I can clearly hear people reloading and their footsteps when playing Modern Warfare 2.

For people considering the pricier headsets, check if any retail store allows you to demo them before you order. My local Best Buy has an end aisle of Turtle Beaches that you can try on. I had some previously (X11s) and didn't like them. They made my ears sweat and clamped too hard on my head (and I have a small head). Sound quality was comparable to my $20 headset (i.e., I could hear footsteps equally well).

not that I disagree with youre opinion overall, but the x11 and your $20 headphones are both stereo, youll get identical directionality from both unless youre using a surround decoder.
[quote name='CaseX']I concur. I use a pair of $20 Sony stereo headsets when playing at night (to not disturb anyone else) and they work great. I can clearly hear people reloading and their footsteps when playing Modern Warfare 2.

For people considering the pricier headsets, check if any retail store allows you to demo them before you order. My local Best Buy has an end aisle of Turtle Beaches that you can try on. I had some previously (X11s) and didn't like them. They made my ears sweat and clamped too hard on my head (and I have a small head). Sound quality was comparable to my $20 headset (i.e., I could hear footsteps equally well).[/QUOTE]

This is the best price ever for this. If you miss this opportunity, there might not be another one.

Buy it now to secure this price, if it's lower on BF return it and buy the lower priced one.

Just don't open it until past BF! Simple.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']This is the best price ever for this. If you miss this opportunity, there might not be another one.

Buy it now to secure this price, if it's lower on BF return it and buy the lower priced one.

Just don't open it until past BF! Simple.[/QUOTE]

Ummm... It was $10 lower just last week on a DOTD. Everything always goes up and down. This is very likely not the LAST TIME EVER OMGZ!!!!!! that they will be this low.

Really? I didn't realize it was cheaper before. That do put a BIG '?' on this deal, and I am having second thoughts myself.

Now I see why there wasn't so much enthuasism regard this. Maybe it will be cheaper, even if not on Black Friday... who knows?

I did buy this, but gonna wait out 30 days see to return it or not.

I wonder will it go as low as 75% off (At $50) eventually... and not two years from now either?

Plus, please don't talk about another headset unless it has equal or better specs than the X41!

X11, X31 whatever... their discussion don't belong here in this thread.

For the people that do NOT think the X41s are great, what don't you like? I think mine sound pretty good, except for explosions in MW2 sound a bit distorted or something to the effect of the headphones not being able to handle them. Turning on Bass Boost helps, but does not eliminate the problem. Other than that, (which in MW2 is quite often) I think they work well.

bread's done
Back