Turtle Beach X11 Headset - $39.99 @ Target

I don't think there's a better headset available for $40 at the moment - correct me if I'm wrong?

But you might want to correct the title, Punisher - it's TURTLE Beach. Although Tiger Beach sounds cooler. :)

These are particularly good value if you want a headset for your 360 and PC. Supports the 360 chat stuff very well.

might be worth noting, i saw one of these surround sound headsets on clearance at target the other day, it wasn't turtle beach but im not exactly sure of the brand, i think it may have been tritton or something. and it was around the same price 40-50$

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']might be worth noting, i saw one of these surround sound headsets on clearance at target the other day, it wasn't turtle beach but im not exactly sure of the brand, i think it may have been tritton or something. and it was around the same price 40-50$[/QUOTE]

They are the Tritton 180 I think, but the Turtle Beach is a more reliable brand Ive heard. Tritton I think is owned by Mad Catz

I have these the sound is good for the price but I have had complaints sometimes online that my mic echoes but I usually just unplug everything and it fixes the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dc_fortythree']In the kmart thread the X12 are on sale for $45 this week.[/QUOTE]

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't really do a lot of searching; what's the differenes between the x11's and x12? Anyone own both and can shed some insight into what the box 'doesn't say'?

[quote name='Punisher138']They are the Tritton 180 I think, but the Turtle Beach is a more reliable brand Ive heard. Tritton I think is owned by Mad Catz[/QUOTE]

did find the trittons on clearance for 29.98. picked it up. hope they are good.

[quote name='StarryWisdom']I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't really do a lot of searching; what's the differenes between the x11's and x12? Anyone own both and can shed some insight into what the box 'doesn't say'?[/QUOTE]

I believe besides the color. The only difference is the x12 has 50mm driver and the x11 has 40mm driver.

[quote name='msbytes']I believe besides the color. The only difference is the x12 has 50mm driver and the x11 has 40mm driver.[/QUOTE]

Seems
They have adjustable base on the headset. This Doesn't matter if you have a 7.1 adapter, but if not it's a nice add on.

Overall not a big difference. I have the x11s with the 7.1 digital tuner (dx11s). They have a slight hiss (background noise) when no spun is coming through, but nothin major. After that great sound quality.

Do these really make that big of a difference? Ive never been one to shell out big money on head phones/speakers. But i continually hear they are worth it but no real explanation. I kinda dont like the idea of xbox/pc only. Do they make a decent set for both ps3/360?

[quote name='Retro Legends']Do they make a decent set for both ps3/360?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if TB does, but Triton does for sure.

[quote name='StarryWisdom']I'm not sure if TB does, but Triton does for sure.[/QUOTE]

TB has the Px5 headset, works with ps3, 360, and pc. they also sell the PX3 .

[quote name='Retro Legends']Do these really make that big of a difference? Ive never been one to shell out big money on head phones/speakers. But i continually hear they are worth it but no real explanation. I kinda dont like the idea of xbox/pc only. Do they make a decent set for both ps3/360?[/QUOTE]

Checkout the Sharkoon SP Headset. It's $49.96 on Amazon. Works with both PS3 and xbox 360, and has a aveage review of 4 stars on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharkoon-X-Ta...UW2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316394910&sr=8-1

[quote name='Retro Legends']Do these really make that big of a difference? Ive never been one to shell out big money on head phones/speakers. But i continually hear they are worth it but no real explanation. I kinda dont like the idea of xbox/pc only. Do they make a decent set for both ps3/360?[/QUOTE]

It helps a ton if you are like me and have a wife, daughter and newborn and don't feel like waking them up while playing late at night or if they are doing something that needs quiet ( homework etc).

The surround sound adapter is awesome as well as you get that full effect of where that last horde grunting is.

The Tritton AX 180 mentioned earlier on clearance is designed for use on both 360 and PS3. I purchased one but haven't opened it yet hoping it drops further in price, so I can't vouch for its quality. If interested the DPCI is 207 00 1080.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. Based on reviews I read, and a recommendation from my friend who has like seven different headsets, I stopped by my local Target and picked up the TB X11 headset. I keep hearing it's a great set, especially for the price. Can't wait to hook these up.

i own them and they are great. Clear sounds and if your a COD player....they are great for sound whoring. i use them to watch movies and such late night as not to cause a disturbance to the rest of my family. Great price for them and def worth every penny.

hmm are these really any good? Is this the pair at best buy? I heard several people complaining how much they sucked when i was in there the other day, it looks like the same one. Maybe theyre worth a look if you can return them. Hows targets return policy?

I actually could use a good headset, but with my PSP, not my 360. I use my sound system for that

I am headed for the Stan and I am looking for a decent/good headset for my 360. Are the X11's good or should I cough up some extra dough for a better model.

[quote name='ShonnyG112']Is there a 5.1/7.1 wireless one that works with all 3 PS3, 360 and PC?[/QUOTE]

The PX5 from turtle beach is wireless and works for all three. Astro makes one, but they are out for kidneys with their prices. I use the Logitech F540, they are stereo but have multiple inputs and work for everything.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I am headed for the Stan and I am looking for a decent/good headset for my 360. Are the X11's good or should I cough up some extra dough for a better model.[/QUOTE]

The X11s are great entry level. Can't beat em for $40. You can buy a DSS decoder later and upgrade them and any other stereo headset you might be interested in.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm are these really any good? Is this the pair at best buy? I heard several people complaining how much they sucked when i was in there the other day, it looks like the same one. Maybe theyre worth a look if you can return them. Hows targets return policy?

I actually could use a good headset, but with my PSP, not my 360. I use my sound system for that[/QUOTE]

Just get a decent set of Bose or Klipsch earbuds for your PSP.

[quote name='The_Lawlbringer']The PX5 from turtle beach is wireless and works for all three. Astro makes one, but they are out for kidneys with their prices. I use the Logitech F540, they are stereo but have multiple inputs and work for everything.[/QUOTE]
How would I use it with the PC? All the links, reviews and videos I'm seeing are people using it with the 360 & PS3 but not the pc.

[quote name='The_Lawlbringer']The X11s are great entry level. Can't beat em for $40. You can buy a DSS decoder later and upgrade them and any other stereo headset you might be interested in.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I went ahead and got them. I appreciate the help.

bread's done
Back