Turtle Beach X31 advice???

leung19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Im searching a wireless headset that would work with my 360, wii, and watching TV. maybe PC too. Found the X31, is it any good?? Anyone have any suggestion??

Also i have tons of GS credit, and would like to use it on this headset, but i can wait. How often is the accessories coupon code come out? Should i wait since im in no hurry for this???

thanks

I hope this thing is good because I just bought one for my woman.

I'll post here whenever she tells me how she likes it.

I'll probably use it myself in the near future to play some games when she is sleeping, so if that happens i'll give my opinion as well.

I have been using the cheap x11 wired ones for awhile now, and I really like them. I know it sounds cheesy, but they really allow for more immersion. I am no audiophile, but I do enjoy good sound, and even the x11's have great sound quality. I feel that I pick up on sounds better while using them than I do on my decent quality surround sound.. Plus my wife and neighbors are happy cause I can get great sound on battlefield without rattling all the walls with air strikes and grenades.:)

edit* However I did just get a PS3 and the "X" series will not work on ps3s. Though, it appears that the ps3 turtle beach headsets work with 360's. I had to buy a sound card adapter to make the mic work. Just something to think about in case you have/ may get a playstation.

I have the DX11, which is similar to the X31, and I love it.

I thought I might be wasting money and never use it, but the surround sound in it sounds great. I don't use it all the time, but when I want to get into a game like a Assassin's Creed or Need for Speed game, these help me a lot.

Also, for music games like Rock Band 3, it's great.

make sure your little receiver thing is as far away from your router or phone as possible or else they will make all sorts of stupid popping/cracking sounds.

oh and you still need to connect them via cable to the controller in order to chat online which is kinda annoying

the cable comes unplugged sometimes just by like brushing it against your sholdure but eh its not the end of the world but again kind of annoying

the battery life is ok as long as you remember to always power them off though bc sometimes ill leave them on like all night

they worked on my ps3 but icouldnt chat unless you buy the little adapter thing which is way overpriced on their website

overall they work great but i don tknow about dropping 100$ on them though. i got mines for 20$ from some stupid 14 year old kid on craigslist

[quote name='steve nash']make sure your little receiver thing is as far away from your router or phone as possible or else they will make all sorts of stupid popping/cracking sounds.

oh and you still need to connect them via cable to the controller in order to chat online which is kinda annoying

the cable comes unplugged sometimes just by like brushing it against your sholdure but eh its not the end of the world but again kind of annoying

the battery life is ok as long as you remember to always power them off though bc sometimes ill leave them on like all night

they worked on my ps3 but icouldnt chat unless you buy the little adapter thing which is way overpriced on their website

overall they work great but i don tknow about dropping 100$ on them though. i got mines for 20$ from some stupid 14 year old kid on craigslist[/QUOTE]

I have the x31's and have been using them almost a year and I can say they work great. I use them for 360, ps3 and tv. Like nash said keep the receiver away from phones or routers. Also do not place it near your 360 or ps3 if you have them wireless. It will total screw there connections up. I had mounted the receiver right under my LCD TV when I forst got them and my ps3 and 360 wouldnt connect online stream media, nothing. Moved it about as far away as the usb cable would let me (I have it plugged into my tv usb port for power) and I have had no problems sence. Love them.

@OP: The X31 will play audio from all those sources and, if you add the chat adapter cable to it, you'll be able to use the mic. Not sure about the wii.

It's an absolutely awesome headset. My buddy has one that I've used a lot and it's incredible. The simulated surround sound on it is so good that I almost forgot it was a stereo headset.

[quote name='fluffiestsheep']@OP: The X31 will play audio from all those sources and, if you add the chat adapter cable to it, you'll be able to use the mic. Not sure about the wii.

It's an absolutely awesome headset. My buddy has one that I've used a lot and it's incredible. The simulated surround sound on it is so good that I almost forgot it was a stereo headset.[/QUOTE]

thanks for all the help. im thinking about getting this for sure. But you said it does not work with PS3? or need a diff adapter?

What if i dont use the mic? do i still need adapter for either 360 or PS3?
thanks
i cant wait for GS 20% coupon for this.

I got a pair of X1s and there solid as far as turtle beach goes there probably the best brand to go with. The only problem with the wireless ones is the use of batteries.......especially if your using batteries in your controllers as well lol

Ok i posted revering to the x11"s I have to tell you they were quality. The X11's (59.99) ones are wired and have 3 plugs at the end a green (headset) pink (mic) and usb (power). With this set up they will work fully only on the xbox. However the audio will still work on a ps3/wii. To make the mic work, since ps3's don't use pink plugs for mics(which neither do xboxs it has its own hookup on the audio box.) You will need an adapter to convert pink plug to usb. (available for cheap on amazon)..
HOWEVER... it appears that the x31s have a different hook up.

bread's done
Back