Turtle Beach X41M Wireless 7.1 - Recertified 59.99 - Buy.com

PDJ

CAGiversary!
Factory Recertified Turtle Beach Ear Force Xbox LIVE Chat w/ Wireless 7.1 Channel Dolby Surround Gaming Headset - Xbox 360 & PC - X41M - Reconditioned - Free Shipping

Buy.com has a 1-day sale on the above headset. While I haven't used that particular model, I did purchase a refurbished X21 at one point and was very happy with the sound quality. I think this is a great price for a wireless 7.1 headset that will work with 360, PS3 and PC. These are not noise canceling.

Sure beats the $300 I spent on my Astro A50 >.>

I bought a pair of these and I love them. Be warned though that I bought a pair reconditioned and they didn't come with the proprietary usb cable that they needed for power and instead came with a regular usb cable. I looked into this online and it ended up being a very common problem. Returned them to amazon and got a new set. I can't recommend the headphones themselves enough.

I've had the x41s for 3 years now and I've had no problem with them whatsoever. The only real issue I've ever had is that there is no indicator to let you know when your AAA batteries are low. The sound will just cut out, usually at the most inopportune times if you're in a multiplayer match.

What I found really useful was that there is also an extra 3.5mm audio jack on the receiver where you can plug in any type of headset and just use it as a mix amp with the Dolby surround sound. So you can actually have two headphones running at once if you really wanted to. I personally use my Sony MDR-V6 with the amp. I'm no audiophile, but the V6 sound great with the amp as well.

The website isn't working properly for me. Whenever I click "Add to Cart" it keeps asking me for some secure login BS. Tried it on my phone and it isn't working either. Is anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='SiMMENS']so this can easily switch between pc and xbox?[/QUOTE]

If its anything like the other Turtle Beach headset I had (or Astros I use now), switching between devices is as simple as plugging the optical cable into whichever device you want to use.

[quote name='vantheman']Beware though, as these are known to interfere with wi-fi signal if you are connected via wireless.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this. I had the same issue with the PX5s and was wondering if these also caused interference. Guess I'm sticking with my X4s for now.

[quote name='vantheman']Beware though, as these are known to interfere with wi-fi signal if you are connected via wireless.[/QUOTE]

Very true...They have pretty much taken care if that issue in their 32,42 etc line

[quote name='Ma12kez']I've had the x41s for 3 years now and I've had no problem with them whatsoever. The only real issue I've ever had is that there is no indicator to let you know when your AAA batteries are low. The sound will just cut out, usually at the most inopportune times if you're in a multiplayer match.[/QUOTE]

Honestly thinking about getting these, but your post is making me wonder. Are these rechargeable and do they come with a charging station/docking bay? You'd think they were to save on batteries...

[quote name='vantheman']Beware though, as these are known to interfere with wi-fi signal if you are connected via wireless.[/QUOTE]QFT. Depending on where exactly you place your receiver in relation to your router, it will interfere. One way to fix it is to change your router's frequency, however, it is easily avoidable if you just use a wired connection.

[quote name='Blade']Honestly thinking about getting these, but your post is making me wonder. Are these rechargeable and do they come with a charging station/docking bay? You'd think they were to save on batteries...[/QUOTE]You have to use your own AAA batteries. I only use these Eneloops since I bought the x41. Haven't had to buy new ones as of yet, but I think I should get a new set some time soon since it's been more than 3 years.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Well I read that the mic and chat only works with XBOX, is this true? Is there a way around this?[/QUOTE]Technically it can also work with PC if you have a 360 wired controller directly connected to your PC and then connect the chat cable the same way as you would as if you were playing on Xbox. Honestly, the mic doesn't sound all that great when used this way on PC though.

You're probably referring to the PS3, but you're only restricted to sound if you're trying to use the x41. The only viable option would be to purchase a cheap clip-on mic and a USB Y splitter adapter for voice chat while wearing this headset on PS3.

[quote name='lyric706']Thank you for posting this. I had the same issue with the PX5s and was wondering if these also caused interference. Guess I'm sticking with my X4s for now.[/QUOTE]

If you're curious The 5ghz models pretty much resolve the interference issues, however the price goes up significantly for those.

bread's done
Back