TV Box Set Sale at Amazon.com

If anyone is waiting, I'd suggest jumping on these soon. I dragged my feet on getting these movies, and now Sealab Season 2 has changed from 24 hours to "Ships within 6 - 11 days".

Luckily, I got selected for the Amazon Prime trial and got free two day shipping AND broke my items up into multiple orders at no extra cost!

Yay!

Sealab: 2021 Season 1-4, Space Ghost CTC V. 1-3, The Brak Show V. 1-2, Harvey Birdman V. 1 all for $108.9 with Amazon Prime. :)

Yes, I would also like to hear is S4 is that bad. Is it because Hank Murphy's voice is gone? Also, what is the main difference between the box set and purchasing the seasons seperately? Is it just the box, and is it worth the extra dollars? Thanks.

[quote name='David85']Is Sealab Seaon 4 really that bad? I like having a complete show.[/QUOTE]

I hated what I saw of it on TV... it follows the typical Williams Street production run, if you've seen any of their other shows.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force started out fantastic for the first few seasons, and started going down hill people say at the end of Season 4 / start of 5. I personally enjoyed season 4 but season 5 is total shit.

Sealab started going downhill by the end of Season 3 / all of Season 4.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast, from what I heard (didn't watch alot of it) got really bad near the end...nowhere near what it used to be like.

Williams Street ALWAYS starts with the 1st season for getting a feel of the show, 2nd season is usually tons better, 3rd season kind of dips a bit, and then 4th and on it's ruined. It's like they run out of ideas for their shows.

Forgot to add that even The Brak Show, which I (and others) thought was great in its first season, went donwhill during its second.

Wow... ordered my DVD's late Wednesday night, got free 2 day shipping thanks to Prime, the delivery date was Monday but they came early this morning, awesome!

Now to wait for Sealab Season 2 to show up ;)

Everything came really well protected, two thumbs up for Amazon!

Hmm, I should probably order Harvey Birdman, Brak, and Sealab 2021, all season 1s cause after Adult Swim took off they mostly went down.

[quote name='alongx']Hmm, I should probably order Harvey Birdman, Brak, and Sealab 2021, all season 1s cause after Adult Swim took off they mostly went down.[/QUOTE]

Season 2 of Sealab is good stuff too... had the Bizarro episode in it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow... I'm so tempted on a ton of those Adult Swim boxset's.[/quote]

Some of these Adult Swim shows look freaking sweet. Selab, aqua teen, oblongs, venture bros, and a few others. Gah gotta deceide!

[quote name='abhinav']Some of these Adult Swim shows look freaking sweet. Selab, aqua teen, oblongs, venture bros, and a few others. Gah gotta deceide![/QUOTE]

Haha, I ended up buying almost all of them ;)

Alot of them are now pushed back to 5 - 9 days wait before they ship so I think they are starting to run out of stock.

So do we know when this sale ends?

I'm holding off on Brak Show Season 2 and Sealab Season 4 for now, but if this sale ends soon I'm gonna pull the trigger.

[quote name='Roufuss']So do we know when this sale ends?

I'm holding off on Brak Show Season 2 and Sealab Season 4 for now, but if this sale ends soon I'm gonna pull the trigger.[/quote]

I'm holding off on a couple "Action" series and a bunch of AS shows so an end date would be great.

Sigh, I finally caved in and bought Sealab 2021 1-4. I'm prolly gonna wait until Aqua Teen is a little cheaper. Thanks again OP.

Thanks OP, I've been waiting for an amazon deal to finish what's left of my gift certificate. I got Sealab 1-4 and Venture Bros.

[quote name='Tyga24']Looks like Venture Bros. Season 1 has dropped to $8.99.[/QUOTE]

too bad a bunch of other thing got their prices raised. like sealab and space ghost, they were 9 bucks each before

[quote name='adezero']too bad a bunch of other thing got their prices raised. like sealab and space ghost, they were 9 bucks each before[/QUOTE]

that's why it never pays to wait on sales like this

[quote name='souNReAL']whoa, anyone know when this end?? i gotta pick up that venture bros, thinking of more pickups so i can get free shipping[/QUOTE]

no idea when it will end but the prices have been bouncing up and down regularly... so if you see something you want, i would grab it now

will probably be more expensive tomorrow...

[quote name='PKRipp3r']no idea when it will end but the prices have been bouncing up and down regularly... so if you see something you want, i would grab it now

will probably be more expensive tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

nearly impossible since i have like $8 left on my credit til i pay the bill on Dec 10th :(

[quote name='souNReAL']nearly impossible since i have like $8 left on my credit til i pay the bill on Dec 10th :([/QUOTE]

that sucks :(

hopefully they will still be here by then

*crosses fingers*

or maybe some other stuff will drop by then... ?

[quote name='PKRipp3r']Robot Chicken is 8.99 now

don't see any other drops[/quote]
Thanks, you made me spend more money. ;)

Just ordered:

Robot Chicken
Venture Bros.
Brak Show v.1

MORE DROPS! MORE DROPS!! :twisted:

[quote name='toldawg128']Thanks, you made me spend more money. ;)

Just ordered:

Robot Chicken
Venture Bros.
Brak Show v.1

MORE DROPS! MORE DROPS!! :twisted:[/QUOTE]

haha.. i know, i keep hitting it too

just looking for some stuff to take me over the $25 limit right now
:)

[quote name='Brian9824']Tempted on the babylon 5 series. Any word on when this ends?[/QUOTE]

you know it is the same price for b5 at circuit city, and if you are getting all 5 seasons, you can use the $40 off a $200 purchase coupon so do that instead of amazon

[quote name='PKRipp3r']Robot Chicken is 8.99 now

don't see any other drops[/QUOTE]

fuck YES!!!!!!

Was about to get to Wal-Mart to get it for $15... I picked up this and finally got in on Brak Show Vol.1.

I just hope they drop Brak Show Vol.2 and Harvey Birdman Season 2 next!!

I wish they'd drop Home Movies =/

Harvey Bordman just dropped to 14.99 from 22.xx....that's a lot better, but I want to hold out for 8.99.

Also Space Ghost 2 & 3 just went up a 1.xx instead of down, which sucks.

Ive been holding out for those along with Brak 2 and Sealab 4.

Anybody have the Venture Bros? How are the extras? I've seen those eps so much I don;t know if its worth it.

[quote name='evophile']Harvey Bordman just dropped to 14.99 from 22.xx....that's a lot better, but I want to hold out for 8.99.

Also Space Ghost 2 & 3 just went up a 1.xx instead of down, which sucks.

Ive been holding out for those along with Brak 2 and Sealab 4.

Anybody have the Venture Bros? How are the extras? I've seen those eps so much I don;t know if its worth it.[/QUOTE]

Venture Bros is definitely worth it... how often does CN replay old episodes? Almost never, that I've seen, they just replay Season 2 alot now. One day in the future you'll want to see the old VB episodes and $8.99 is a steal. I don't remember the extras too well but I remember them being fairly decent. I think it even has the pilot episode, and some live action stuff. It's worth $9.

Good to see Harvey Birdman Season 2 dropping but I have a strong feeling also that eventually it will slip to $8.99.

It's so weird Home Movies isn't part of this sale... that's one of the few AS shows I have been dying to get.

I'm surprised Aqua Teen and Mission Hill haven't dropped. I bought Mission Hill at $14.99, if it drops to $8.99 will Amazon refund me my 6 bucks because it's still within 30 days?

I choose my cashcrate rewards in amazon.com GC's because I always find sales like this. Should be getting another $50 from cashcrate that I will use to get last 2 seasons of babylon 5 by the 14th.

Gah, I have the 3 individual season sets of Wonder Woman in my cart--it's even cheaper than the discounted complete set. Curse you DVDtalk/OP! I'm at least getting season 1 @ $12, as that's just a bit too good to pass up.

[quote name='Roufuss']

I'm surprised Aqua Teen and Mission Hill haven't dropped. I bought Mission Hill at $14.99, if it drops to $8.99 will Amazon refund me my 6 bucks because it's still within 30 days?[/QUOTE]

aqua teen and mission hill were 8.99 at the start of the sale

[quote name='swetooth9']same with me[/QUOTE]

at least the first two were 8.99 at the very beginning of this sale for a brief time

as was Mission Hill

i contemplated picking them up but Sealab > Aqua Teen so I hesitated....

then they went up

not just those either, lots of titles in all these genres were MUCH cheaper for the first few days. only a select few have dropped, most have gone up.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']not just those either, lots of titles in all these genres were MUCH cheaper for the first few days. only a select few have dropped, most have gone up.[/quote]

It's weird because I actually was checking out the Adult Swim DVDs over the weekend...since the 360 debacle really. And I didn't notice until yesterday most of these for 70% off. In fact, I would swear they were 50% up until then, the ones I bought were definitely 14.99 but Amazon refunded the difference for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who completely spaced. I am watching for the later seasons to drop.

[quote name='MrGranger']I am watching for the later seasons to drop.[/quote]

QFT

I just ordered the first seasons of The Brak Show, Venture Bros, and Harvey Birdman, and hopefully the 2nd seasons will drop to 8.99 as well.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']at least the first two were 8.99 at the very beginning of this sale for a brief time

as was Mission Hill

i contemplated picking them up but Sealab > Aqua Teen so I hesitated....

then they went up

not just those either, lots of titles in all these genres were MUCH cheaper for the first few days. only a select few have dropped, most have gone up.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, wow, Maybe so, but I'm gonna wait again until Aqua Teen drops to 8.99. If that ever happens. I also like Sealab more than Aqua Teen, but the latest season of ATHF is pretty damn funny, especially the handbanana episode. btw, I would pounce on Robot Chicken and all the other 8.99 titles, but those other AS shows don't really do it for me as much as Sealab and Aqua Teen do.

[quote name='halu102']Hmm, wow, Maybe so, but I'm gonna wait again until Aqua Teen drops to 8.99. If that ever happens. I also like Sealab more than Aqua Teen, but the latest season of ATHF is pretty damn funny, especially the handbanana episode. btw, I would pounce on Robot Chicken and all the other 8.99 titles, but those other AS shows don't really do it for me as much as Sealab and Aqua Teen do.[/QUOTE]

yeah if they go back down, i might have to pick up the ATHF sets, even if they all don't go down to 8.99

i just got done watching s1 of sealab and it's stellar. :)

sad to say i hit this three times already (due to the fluctuating prices) and might have to go back again to get Harvey Birdman s2.

gonna have to buy a new DVD rack at this rate

bread's done
Back