TV Box Set Sale at Amazon.com

[quote name='MrGranger']It's weird because I actually was checking out the Adult Swim DVDs over the weekend...since the 360 debacle really. And I didn't notice until yesterday most of these for 70% off. In fact, I would swear they were 50% up until then, the ones I bought were definitely 14.99 but Amazon refunded the difference for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who completely spaced. I am watching for the later seasons to drop.[/QUOTE]

no you are right

some of them have gone down, then up then down again. it's a really weird sale.

i'm just guessing that they revise their prices based on sales volume of each title, or related titles. i.e. when harvey birdman s1 blew up, s2 was prob. flagged and someone approved the add'l cut for that one, since it means a lot of people will just pick up both at the same time.

i've been checking that page about three times a day.

twice it paid off great, once was Venture Brothers, once was Robot Chicken.

*sits on refresh button*
:)

[quote name='PKRipp3r']at least the first two were 8.99 at the very beginning of this sale for a brief time

as was Mission Hill

i contemplated picking them up but Sealab > Aqua Teen so I hesitated....

then they went up

not just those either, lots of titles in all these genres were MUCH cheaper for the first few days. only a select few have dropped, most have gone up.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but I don't think Mission Hill was ever part of the sale at $8.99, unless you yourself bought it for that and know 100%. I got in on this sale the minute it was posted up on CAG and I never saw Mission Hill cheaper than $14.99, it's one of the very first things I ever added to my cart.

Can even see by my reply I was pretty much in there at the very beginning... I had my cart full 30 minutes after it was posted here. Now, maybe it was posted somewhere else a few days earlier than CAG, but from the time it was posted HERE it was always $14.99.

[quote name='Roufuss']No offense, but I don't think Mission Hill was ever part of the sale at $8.99, unless you yourself bought it for that and know 100%. I got in on this sale the minute it was posted up on CAG and I never saw Mission Hill cheaper than $14.99, it's one of the very first things I ever added to my cart.

Can even see by my reply I was pretty much in there at the very beginning... I had my cart full 30 minutes after it was posted here. Now, maybe it was posted somewhere else a few days earlier than CAG, but from the time it was posted HERE it was always $14.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive I posted this sale within a few hours of it going up on DVDTalk, and if not, it was certainly the same day.

I don't recall Mission Hill ever being $8.99, either--if it would have been, I probably would have picked it up.

[quote name='Roufuss']No offense, but I don't think Mission Hill was ever part of the sale at $8.99, unless you yourself bought it for that and know 100%. I got in on this sale the minute it was posted up on CAG and I never saw Mission Hill cheaper than $14.99, it's one of the very first things I ever added to my cart.

Can even see by my reply I was pretty much in there at the very beginning... I had my cart full 30 minutes after it was posted here. Now, maybe it was posted somewhere else a few days earlier than CAG, but from the time it was posted HERE it was always $14.99.[/quote]
I didn't order it but I saw it for $8.99 because I was thinking about ordering it. Anyways, I purchased a venture bros and robot chicken for my friend and myself.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I didn't order it but I saw it for $8.99 because I was thinking about ordering it. Anyways, I purchased a venture bros and robot chicken for my friend and myself.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I put it in my cart as soon as this sale was posted on CAG and I was always quoted $14.99.

Unless Amazon changed the price in a matter of hours, the op was put up at 7:50 pm and I had everything ready to check out with around 1 or 2 am.

[quote name='MrGranger']It's weird because I actually was checking out the Adult Swim DVDs over the weekend...since the 360 debacle really. And I didn't notice until yesterday most of these for 70% off. In fact, I would swear they were 50% up until then, the ones I bought were definitely 14.99 but Amazon refunded the difference for me.[/quote]

You mean something dropped more and Amazon gave you the difference? If so, that's good to know... I just picked up the first few seasons of Sealab and Harvey birdman 2, but I'm hoping they might still go down some more...

[quote name='Roufuss']No offense, but I don't think Mission Hill was ever part of the sale at $8.99, unless you yourself bought it for that and know 100%. [/QUOTE]

No offense taken, b/c it really was 8.99 for a brief period, in the first few days of this offer going up on Amazon - before it was even featured heavily on the DVD page.

;)

Like I said, it's a weird sale and prices have moved around a bit on many titles... not just Mission Hill.

I had it in my cart for that price and then realized I was about to buy a show I had never seen, just b/c it was priced at nine bucks. So I waited on that and a couple of others, (space ghost was 8.99 for a minute as well.)

[quote name='Roufuss']Weird, I put it in my cart as soon as this sale was posted on CAG and I was always quoted $14.99.

Unless Amazon changed the price in a matter of hours, the op was put up at 7:50 pm and I had everything ready to check out with around 1 or 2 am.[/QUOTE]

this sale was on before it was posted on CAG

but it was still 8.99 even after it had been posted here, it rose soon after along with ATHF and Space Ghost

first few days of this sale were amazing, i wish i had bitten on a few more things

Can even see by my reply I was pretty much in there at the very beginning... I had my cart full 30 minutes after it was posted here. Now, maybe it was posted somewhere else a few days earlier than CAG, but from the time it was posted HERE it was always $14.99.[/quote]

it WAS 8.99 on the first day that this topic was posted...i saw it but only saw one episode of mission hill (the one where he burns downt he bathroom) and didn't like it so i didnt buy it

I finally broke down and bought Venture Bros. and Robot Chicken. I read up on them and they seem like my kind of humor, plus all the good things I've heard from you guys (especially Venture Bros. which everyone seems to like). I also finally bought Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind GOTY edition (PC version) that's been in my cart for months, but never seemed to fall below $14.99.

Thanks for all the updates!

yeah, after debating a few days, and missing the sealab deal, i picked up venture bros, robot chicken, and harvey birdman

[quote name='bryankot']I already have season 1 of ER and I ordered it just because it's so damn cheap[/QUOTE]

I felt like a real dumbass having bought it during the DDD sale. Luckily I bought Season 3-5 at a great price.

Has anyone else had a problem with the shipping . I placed my order today for the Fresh Prince Season 3 and 4 and various other CD's all listed in Stock. I checked 20 min ago and it stated that they would be shipped 27th thru the 30th of December. I promptly Cancelled my order. Did anyone else have a problem?

[quote name='JCoyne1031']Has anyone else had a problem with the shipping . I placed my order today for the Fresh Prince Season 3 and 4 and various other CD's all listed in Stock. I checked 20 min ago and it stated that they would be shipped 27th thru the 30th of December. I promptly Cancelled my order. Did anyone else have a problem?[/quote]

That's odd... how long did you wait before you checked the status? Are you sure perhaps one of the items wasn't a longer wait period, and you picked ship all together? Amazon is usually pretty accurate with their dates... though I have been having some problems with some items that were supposed to ship in 4 to 6 weeks....

You might consider placing the order again and waiting a day or two to check the status... if it really WOULD take them that long to ship them, then it's not like they'd charge you in that period...

Does anyone think any of the aqua teens will drop to 8.99? At 14.99 they're still cheap and I don't want to wait till the sale ends.

[quote name='***J***']Does anyone think any of the aqua teens will drop to 8.99? At 14.99 they're still cheap and I don't want to wait till the sale ends.[/QUOTE]

if anything they will go up to 17.99

Picked up Without a Trace, ER, and Venture Bros., all first seasons.

I don't really like any shows on Adult Swim except for Aqua Teen and Futurama. Never catched Venture Bros so I'm hoping its good.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Picked up Without a Trace, ER, and Venture Bros., all first seasons.

I don't really like any shows on Adult Swim except for Aqua Teen and Futurama. Never catched Venture Bros so I'm hoping its good.[/QUOTE]

if you've ever enjoyed an episode of Jonny Quest, you'll like Venture Bros

Every Adult Swim Set went up in price except for:

The Oblongs
The Venture Bros.
Robot Chicken
Harvey Birdman S1
The Brak Show S1

Which are still $8.99 at the moment.

[quote name='toldawg128']Every Adult Swim Set went up in price except for:

The Oblongs
The Venture Bros.
Robot Chicken
Harvey Birdman S1
The Brak Show S1

Which are still $8.99 at the moment.[/QUOTE]

yup, athf is 17.99 now (except for s4)

Dang, missed out on ATHF. At least I got RC for $8.99. And I had a dollar off thing so it made it $10 basically.

I'm tempted to get my mom Night Court Season 1 as my parents for some sick reason loved that show.

[quote name='OzCatter']Dang, missed out on ATHF. At least I got RC for $8.99. And I had a dollar off thing so it made it $10 basically.

I'm tempted to get my mom Night Court Season 1 as my parents for some sick reason loved that show.[/QUOTE]

i bought night court

season one is actually pretty good, but not the greatest ever

for about three years or so that was a quality sitcom with great writing

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i bought night court

season one is actually pretty good, but not the greatest ever

for about three years or so that was a quality sitcom with great writing[/quote]

Yep...that and Murphy Brown was pretty good. I got them for myself and my parents.

What's with these "Television Favorites" DVDs?

I want the FULL SEASON SETS for The Drew Carey Show, but I guess it's not out yet.

And thanks, OP. I might get some of these AS shows like Robot Chicken or Harvey Birdman.

EDIT: I forgot to ask.. when does this sale end?

[quote name='Sinistar']
I want the FULL SEASON SETS for The Drew Carey Show, but I guess it's not out yet.[/QUOTE]

They might not ever come out. I'm amazed that Whose Line came out considering how much Drew arey hates the ABC assholes.

[quote name='David85']They might not ever come out. I'm amazed that Whose Line came out considering how much Drew arey hates the ABC assholes.[/quote]

Another thing I heard.. I think I read it on www.tvshowsondvd.com a while back, is they said it might not come out because of the music licensing. Which is another thing that is going on with WKRP in Cincinnati.. We may never see that show come out on DVD becuase of all the music they would have to either licence or replace..

[quote name='Sinistar']Another thing I heard.. I think I read it on www.tvshowsondvd.com a while back, is they said it might not come out because of the music licensing. Which is another thing that is going on with WKRP in Cincinnati.. We may never see that show come out on DVD becuase of all the music they would have to either licence or replace..[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why there's only one season of Malcolm in the Middle out. It sucks.

[quote name='defiance_17']That's exactly why there's only one season of Malcolm in the Middle out. It sucks.[/quote]

Ah - I've been wondering why there hasn't been another release. Been sitting on my season 1 for a while. Stupid RIAA.

[quote name='MrGranger']It is coming out...but with some music substitutions.[/QUOTE]

i JUST read this today

depending on what they substitute this could be a must buy

one of my fav shows ever, even though it's horribly dated

bread's done
Back