TV Flickering

bigpimpin24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I'm back with another question CAGs after searching and not coming up with anything concrete. I have a 37 inch Insignia LCD TV (ns-l37q-10a) For the past couple of weeks I have been having trouble with the image. I get these horizontal black lines at the top of the TV for about 3 seconds and the image completely freezes. Audio is not messed up or anything, but the lines come on like every 2 seconds and the image freezes for about 3.

When the horizontal lines disappear, the entire screen image is flickering as well. Originally I thought it was my source but that's not the case because it does this no matter what input I have it on. My TV is hooked up via HDMI to my PC and I used it as an extended display. Originally this problem would only occur when I would turn on the TV, after a while of being used it would just stop happening and function properly. Now it has been flickering and freezing for a couple of days without stop.

The only thing I came up with were people having problems with a specific input (a cable box for example) I tried cycling like the user's manual stated but that didn't help. Cycling is when you turn off the TV and then unplug the power source for a few minutes. I'm at a loss and would appreciate any help. Hopefully it's nothing too major and it's a simple fix. Thanks guys!

i miss the good old days of the fat ass tvs.... They start to flicker you just wack them the back till they stopped :)

do you have a DVR hooked up to your tv.. i know my tv acts up for some reason if my DVR is almost filled to 100%

Try using component cables instead of HDMI with your cable box or whatever. My old TV had issues with HDMI where it would screw up and freeze, even thought it worked fine when I got it.

It's a handshake issue in which the video signal between the source and the tv aren't always synced. Not much you can do about it because of all the different combinations of hardware out there.

I ended up browsing a little bit more on the Insignia boards and found a guy who had the same problem

First off this TV is out of Warranty.

I have taken it upon my self to trouble shoot, and fix it.
What the TV is doing:
When you turn the TV on, the Please wait comes on, then sort of fades out, sound it there, and after a while of the TV being powered on, the picture will light up every now and then. With about an 2-4 inch area of the top portion of the screen actually showing the picture like it is supposed to, there there is a small area of Barcode like lines, and the rest of the screen will have a frozen frame, that only catches up every 10-30 seconds. So, it's like it is has a frame rate of 1 every 10-20 seconds. This happens in any mode, with any device, hooked up in any way. I've tried that. I've even tried the power cycle reset method where you unplug it, and repower it up. I've tried plugging it into other outlets.

1.) I've taken the TV apart, the Power Supply Board checks out.
2.) I actually bought a new T-Con board to try that, it was cheap, but that did not fix the problem either.
3.) I checked the Tab-Bonding on the Ribbons that actually go to the screen, no change there.
4.) I've lifted of the actual LCD Screen, and the Backlight is light up just fine, with now flickering int it or fluctuations.

I've come to the conclusion that the Main Board is the problem here. Either that, or the actual ribbon bonding that I can't see with the naked eye. However I would think that if that were the issue, it would be a vertical picture problem, instead of a horizontal picture issue. I mean the same excat tabs on either side would have to be malfunctioning right? What are the odds of that?

Most of the componets are LG, with a few on the Main board being Panasonic.
If I could get a little input/feedback from you other than, "It appears your TV needs to be sent in for repairs" It would be great. I already know the TV needs to be repaired.

Seeing as how i'm the one that will be repairing it, it would be nice to have some sort of feedback from the manufacture

Nobody ever replied to it though so I am going to go ahead and sign up to the forums and bump the thread.

bread's done
Back