TV Purchase

VideoGameCollector17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (94%)
So I need some help on deciding on a good TV to get. I'm mainly looking to buy a TV for my next-gen gaming, and current gen gaming, and also some Blu-Ray movies using my PS3. I want an actual TV cause my desktop monitor isn't cutting it anymore, and hopefully by Black Friday I'll be able to have one.

So my questions are what are some good specifications if I'm looking to spend under $800? Like what are some good TVs that'll run games at gorgeous graphics but not breaking the bank.

Plasma or LED? What is better 120HZ or 240HZ?

This would be your best bet. http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P50S60-50-Inch-1080p-Plasma/dp/B00ARAHBIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382380237&sr=8-1&keywords=s60 Picture quality comparable to many tv's double the price. Check cnet for review.

Its a plasma, so you need to know how to properly take care of it. I would avoid playing any game with any hud at all for the first 300 hours as screen burn in and image retention is still a problem, even though some people say it isnt. Would also have to be careful about logos on tv channels, just watch everything zoom mode for awhile.

Also, plasmas only work well under low light. So if you can control the light coming in the room well, its worth a buy. If you cant and plan on putting it in a bright room a LED is pretty much a must.

This tv has a very low response lag, I believe 38MS which is great for a tv.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back