twilight princess Gamecube $26 @ amazon

can you pricematch this with the lighning deal from yesterday and get it for $ -4 Would that work? never tried w/ a negative outcome

Thanks for headsup, worth grabbing even if own wii version imo, but i am a hardcore zelda fan.

Thanks

Nice of them to put it at $25.99 so it qualifies for free shipping. I always hate it when they have a game at $24.99.

Between this and the Gold Box price of $20 last night, it looks like Amazon is trying to clear out their stock of GCN copies. Can't imagine Nintendo is making too many of these anymore.

[quote name='fatez']holy cow. i am about to be paid to take this game from them?[/quote]
tried and got shot down.

[quote name='fatez']ohwell, atleast its a free game now.[/quote]
how is it a free game? Amazon wouldn't price adjust because they said it was a lightning deal.

[quote name='lockey']how is it a free game? Amazon wouldn't price adjust because they said it was a lightning deal.[/quote]
i got it adjusted... it is often times better to call the customer service line. if you are nice to them they will do it.

Its weird I got the refund to work for one account but not for my sisters account. I was just wondering who was able to get the refund where they got the game pretty much free since they got the game during yesterdays lighting deal?

I am definately interested in this, but I'm not sure if I would be better off in waiting until I eventually get a Wii and get the Wii version instead.

[quote name='tito1183']Its weird I got the refund to work for one account but not for my sisters account. I was just wondering who was able to get the refund where they got the game pretty much free since they got the game during yesterdays lighting deal?[/quote]
just try again, u should be able to do it.

[quote name='maguszxz']I'll wait for the Wii version to drop.[/quote]

lol good luck. First party Nintendo games take forever to drop. SSBM is still $30, and it's been out 7 years.

[quote name='Switchblade232']great game, great price. There is barely any difference between the GCN and Wii versions[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Hot price for a great game. Is the only difference (besides the motion controls) that everything is reversed in the GC version?

[quote name='Josef']Agreed! Hot price for a great game. Is the only difference (besides the motion controls) that everything is reversed in the GC version?[/quote]

Actually, the Wii is the reversed version. The GC is the definitive release as Link is truly left-handed as he should be. In the Wii, since most owners are right-handed, they made Link wield his weapons right handed. Miyamoto instructed his team to rotate the Wii version on its horizontal axis to accommodate the Wiiness.

I just fired off an E-mail to Amazon. I remember getting Time Crisis 4 adjusted, so I don't think this should be a problem.

EDIT: DENIED! They would not adjust the price by E-mail. I might try calling tomorrow to see if I can get an adjustment. Click the spoiler button to read the letter.

Hello from Amazon.com. I'm sorry, but I can't accommodate your request to honor this lower price for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess . As stated on our website, "Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as 'Buy one, get one free' are not eligible." When you purchased this item, you received $28.00 (Lightning Deal promotion), which makes this item ineligible for our Post-Order Price Guarantee. Rest assured that you will be charged $19.99 only for this order.

For more information about our Post-Order Price Guarantee, please visit: LINK. We appreciate your business, and we hope you will be able to take advantage of our discounts in the future. Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com. Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question: If yes, click here: LINK. If not, click here: LINK.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,
Siva G.
Amazon.com Customer Service

[quote name='Caliburn']Actually, the Wii is the reversed version. The GC is the definitive release as Link is truly left-handed as he should be. In the Wii, since most owners are right-handed, they made Link wield his weapons right handed. Miyamoto instructed his team to rotate the Wii version on its horizontal axis to accommodate the Wiiness.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

Wait if you call their Customer Service Line and ask for a price match, they'll give you the $20 back? Can't they just tell you got it through Lightning Deal and the price was lower?

[quote name='V878']Wait if you call their Customer Service Line and ask for a price match, they'll give you the $20 back? Can't they just tell you got it through Lightning Deal and the price was lower?[/quote]
If you call them, more than likely you will get a foreign CSR. They don't really give you a hard time about it if you are nice to them. More than likely they don't really care anyways so they have no problem doing the adjustment. They seem to be more easy going. :)

[quote name='legendoffanboy']I got the adjustment via email, very cool, the way they did it, Its an even deal at 0.00 for the game.

Glad I lucked out, hope other do the same.[/QUOTE]

What exactly did you write in your E-mail? I didn't mention the Lightning deal at all in mine.

I called and tried to get an adjustment but was unsuccessful. They basically stated that the price guarantee doesn't apply to promotional deals...oh well...I'll try emailing them and see what happens.

I tried calling them twice and both times they saw I paid $19.99 so they couldn't give the price match. Do you need to get a foreign CSR to get this to work? lol. The people I got sounded American (very courteous too).

I sent an email too. If that doesn't work I'll just forget about it.

AM I misunderstanding or are you trying to rip Amazon off? Doesn't that qualify as fraud? Maybe you should just be happy about getting the game for $20 and be done with it?

I guess I'm not following why some of you think that Amazon has an obligation to give you a refund. If you got the game at $20, why should they give you a price match against a higher price? You got the game for $6 less than it is now, what's the problem?

after reading this thread this morning, i said what the heck and sent my email (even though it seems most of you are having more success with the phone method). a few minutes later, i got an email back from Amazon stating i'd get a $22 refund.

i just got paid $2 to take the Gamecube version of their hands. even more justification that i bought this even though i own the Wii version.

I love Amazon!

[quote name='crunchewy'] Maybe you should just be happy about getting the game for $20 and be done with it?[/quote]

Agreed. You piss off Amazon too much and they will cut back the deals.

[quote name='crunchewy']AM I misunderstanding or are you trying to rip Amazon off? Doesn't that qualify as fraud? Maybe you should just be happy about getting the game for $20 and be done with it?[/QUOTE]

No kidding...people are taking it to a whole new level and it's pathetic.

Well the way it works with lightning deals is the price is originally $47.99 and they give you a "promotional discount" to bring it down to $19.99. This is why the order still qualifies for free shipping despite being lower than $25. What the CSR did here is apply the promotional discount to the new lower price ($25.99) which essentially gives you the game free. If the lightning deal promo discount doesn't apply to price drops, then the CSR shouldn't have done it.

Just sent en email. If it didn't work it didn't really matter. Surprisingly enough I got $22 a promo certificate back.

can somebody post the e-mail they sent to Amazon for the price match, cause i have a really hard time understanding how you guys did this/why it happens

can anyone post the e-mail they sent to amazon, cause im having a hard time understanding how the price match works, and the address cause it can't ever hurt to try.

Email I sent:
-----
Hello. Hope you are doing well. I saw the price of this item went down the $25.99. I was wondering if the promotional discount used for my order can be applied to this new lower price? Thank you so much for your time.
-----
Just find the Customer Service link on Amazon.com (under help).

[quote name='V878']Nice of them to put it at $25.99 so it qualifies for free shipping. I always hate it when they have a game at $24.99.[/quote]

They were nice enough to have Band of Brothers for $25.00 for a deal of the day once.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']No kidding...people are taking it to a whole new level and it's pathetic.[/quote]

I completely agree.. This will only hurt the rest of us in the long run (their price-matching policy will not be so lenient in the future)

i bit, fuck i need to stop spending money....

justified it because i've been waiting forever for the GC version to drop somehow and i hated the Wii controls, so this is PERFECT, YAY!

Wow, the folks here trying to rip off Amazon here are pathetic fuckers. Keep doing this and one day Amazon will have no more good deals, thanks to you pigs.

Is the GC version of this game better than the Wii version? It seems like quite a number of people are happy finding a GC copy.

[quote name='eau']Is the GC version of this game better than the Wii version? It seems like quite a number of people are happy finding a GC copy.[/QUOTE]

IMO, it's not as crisp, but Link holds the sword in the proper hand.

I think most people like the price more than anything else. Others want it for completeness sake. I fall into the latter.

I'd really like to get the Wii version cheap. I should have just bought the GC version when it came out since I waited so long for it. Now that I have a wii, I feel like I should get it for it and experience the new controls.

bread's done
Back