Twisted Metal Black Online disc

terribledeli

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was over Gamestop the other day and noticed they were selling The Online disc for TM: B for $7.99 and a seperate GH version of the game for $4.99.

I heard that the GH version is supposed to contain both games, but when I asked the employee, she told me that it was a limited run GH with both games.

Is she blowing smoke up my ass? Or are there GH copies of the game that don't have online portion?

It was the later run of the GH's that have the bonus disk. I have a GH one with no online content, and no bonus disk (bought it new too).

EDIT

:p Maybe I didn't write it clearly enough. The early GH's came with just TMB, while the later ones came with both TMB and TMBO, on seperate disks.

GH do not have online capabilities as far as I know. Online play is only available w/the TM:BO version. If you get the online version let me know so I can blow you off the screen!

Then again, according to evilmax, I'm wrong. :)

The only place that I have seen the TMB/TMBO combo is at Best Buy.

And then this one chump working at Game Crazy was trying to convince me that the non-GH TMB had on-line capability. :roll:

The easiest way to tell is if the GH packaging has the Sony online logo on the front (bottom left next to the rating). If it does, that's the later 2-disc set with the online version. If it doesn't, it's the early GH version with only the offline disc.

I've seen both, and the 2-disc set is everywhere now for me - BB, TRU, Sears, etc.

[quote name='Zincdust']The only place that I have seen the TMB/TMBO combo is at Best Buy.

And then this one chump working at Game Crazy was trying to convince me that the non-GH TMB had on-line capability. :roll:[/quote]

This was true but now all of the GH ones have both in box.

Thanks for the help everyone.

My local wal-mart has some copies that have a "Includes Twisted Metal Black: Online" sticker but I wasn't sure if this something maybe Sony added to let folks know that it now is coming with this disc or if it was something like a limited run.

There is USB keyboard chat, though, and that's better than nothing.

I still have my copy of TM:BO and enjoy it (despite me not being so good at the game), but I haven't played it online in a few months. I'd start playing again if I knew I'd be getting some actual games going.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']There is USB keyboard chat, though, and that's better than nothing.

I still have my copy of TM:BO and enjoy it (despite me not being so good at the game), but I haven't played it online in a few months. I'd start playing again if I knew I'd be getting some actual games going.[/quote]

I got around to picking it up. Last copy at my local wal-mart too. My name on there is 'terribledeli' and I'm always up for a couple of games if anyone wants to organize any.

They added USB keyboard chat? strange there was no chat at all during the Beta test, I could swear they hadn't added anything at all.

[quote name='Alpha2']They added USB keyboard chat? strange there was no chat at all during the Beta test, I could swear they hadn't added anything at all.[/quote]
Well, you have to enter a cheat code to activate it; I hate calling it a "cheat" though, since it's not some unfair advantage in the gameplay.

Here's the code you enter while in a waiting room, if interested: R1 R2 L2 L1 L1 L2 R2 R1. Everyone in the game must enter this code in order to access the chat room. USB keyboard chat then works for any game in any waiting room, up until your PS2 is reset/shut down.

Well unless they've changed the thing about dial up only getting 2 player vs games I'm probably never playing it again but it's nice to know they have that code.

bread's done
Back