Two Individual Skylanders Character Packs For $10 at Amazon

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Not even close[/QUOTE]

Yeah come on. $4.99 each and there's maybe 15 to collect?

There was that Mech Warrior ish game for Xbox I remember, $200 and included garish actual mech transmission/controller looking thing. Or since I am cheap I do not follow these things well but I sort of recall a multi ($500?) steering wheel/pedal getup for racing games that was in a magazine recently. That is real!

So what characters are best in each class? I've heard Drobot and Chop Chop are pretty much the best in the game. But who do I need to round out my team?

[quote name='io']What I realy wish was that there was a deal on the Pirate expansion - don't want to pay the full $19.99 for that. Those don't seem to be a part of any of these deals though.[/QUOTE]

TRU is having B1G1 free on all Skylanders accessories for Black Friday. I'm hoping to get the Pirate and Crypt packs.

[quote name='salty tbone']TRU is having B1G1 free on all Skylanders accessories for Black Friday. I'm hoping to get the Pirate and Crypt packs.[/QUOTE]

I just saw that. I hope Amazon matches that or TRU restocks or has plenty. I might head in there Friday evening or Saturday to see if I can get them. I'd take a 3-pack along with the Pirate expansion if need be. But hopefully they won't be completely wiped out. That seems like something they'd continue to bring more stock out for even if the first wave Thurs at 9pm wipes them out.

[quote name='io']I just saw that. I hope Amazon matches that or TRU restocks or has plenty. I might head in there Friday evening or Saturday to see if I can get them. I'd take a 3-pack along with the Pirate expansion if need be. But hopefully they won't be completely wiped out. That seems like something they'd continue to bring more stock out for even if the first wave Thurs at 9pm wipes them out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm hoping either TRU.com or that Amazon matches. No way I'm going near TRU on Black Friday. Parking lot was not designed for Black Friday and my store can't handle the crush either.

[quote name='salty tbone']TRU is having B1G1 free on all Skylanders accessories for Black Friday. I'm hoping to get the Pirate and Crypt packs.[/QUOTE]

This offer is for 3 days (Thur 9pm to Sat 11pm), so there's a fairly high chance of TRU continuously restocking and/or Amazon matching it at some point.

I was at Target tonight and thought I'd check out their Skylanders stuff. They had Dino Rang but oddly no Whirlwind (Wal-mart had their Drill Sergeant). I was checking out the videos and my son wanted to see Ignitor...

...he's in the 3DS pack which has a spider-wrap security device on it...

...know where this is going? The portal sets off the Target security device. I really wanted to see the video though, so after the annoying beeping started, I figured I'd try another (it's hard to position it correctly with him being in the middle of the 3 in the box).

Now there's two loud beeping boxes going off, an employee comes over, I say "here you go, these two are beeping", and he walks away with them. I could hear him walking to the other side of the store beeping the whole way. I looked at my son, said "well, that was fun, let's go check out the toys now", and found an active-camo Covenant Elite Halo Mega Blocks figure. Great night all around.

[quote name='murphyspub']So what characters are best in each class? I've heard Drobot and Chop Chop are pretty much the best in the game. But who do I need to round out my team?[/QUOTE]

Drobot is definitely beast. If you are playing coop, Zap and Sonic Boom are pretty awesome together. My favorite Earth type is Terrafin - Sandhog spec. Gill Grunt is one of the best overall. Stealth Elf is good just for playing different and looking cool. Ghost Roaster is supposed to have some of the highest damage output (tho I haven't got there with him yet).

You don't really need a full elemental team at the ready. What you will probably wind up with is a couple of go-to guys, and then switch in the elements as needed.

I hope those adventure packs go on sale, since they have 2 of the cooler Skylanders. But also, the Pirate Ship doesn't just unlock a new zone. You can use it during any level to drop cannon balls smart bomb style on enemies/bosses. Its kind of epic.

If anyone is wondering, you can place multiple orders and get the discount on each of them. I went ahead and ordered a total of 4 figures, spending just $20. Nice price.

Hey CAG, so I'm thinking about getting Skylanders and wanted to know how to get the most bang for my buck. Should I get the mega pack at best buy or buy the PS3 and 3DS from amazon? I have some credit from amazon and I already bought all the black friday games I wanted from the BB Premier silver event. And for whatever option, what packs should I get? Thanks.

damnit this shit is addicting.. im gonna feel really dumb if my niece doesn't lke this and i wind up just playing it myself..

anyway, got several single packs with the original starter.. got the starter +
stealth elf
zap
boomer
sonic boom

mostly picked them based on which ones i thought she would like, though i tried to consider element. Looks like i dont have a undead or fire i think.

Im considering hittin gup the GS sale and getting 2 of the 3 packs to fill it out. Probalby the drobot pack and the eruptor pack so i have 1 of every element at least

A couple thing though. I think she would really like that phoenix looking thing
SUnburn i guess. I was wondering if these just arent out yet:
Sunburn and Warnado

I cant seem to find them anywhere. Theyre cute and i think shed like them. I was also wondering if Whirlwind is gonna be available elsewhere or just Target. Im sure she would love a rainbow birdy.

Dark spyro is interesting. Is he any different from regular spyro? Or just in appearance. I dont see him listed on the main site

Sunburn and Warnado are not out yet, I think theirs around 8 or 9 that have not been released. Whirlwind is a Target exclusive atm and Drill Sergeant is an exclusive to Wal-Mart. Dark Spyro only has different stats compared to the regular Spyro and Legendary Spyro.

best buy mega pack comes with 7 characters:

Spyro - Magic
Gill Grunt - Water
Trigger Happy - Tech
Terrafin - Earth , from Pirates Seas AP included in the Mega Pack
Bash - Earth, from 3 char pack inc in mega pack
Eruptor - Fire, ditto
Chop Chop - Undead, ditto

Pretty good haul with the Best Buy pack I think. Now to wait and see what the hell gamestop gives me on the two random 3 pack sets for $27.

Picked up starter pack for 49.99 from Kmart today. This Amazon deal is perfect for adding on the ones my son wanted.

[quote name='crax']There was that Mech Warrior ish game for Xbox I remember, $200 and included garish actual mech transmission/controller looking thing. [/QUOTE]

This sexy beast?

sb.jpg

[quote name='Kenshindono']thanks.. what about cynder? cant find her[/QUOTE]

If your looking for female characters Hex is one of them but she is hard to find since it was recently released.

Recently released but hard to find,

Dino-Rang
Wrecking Ball
Hex

Not Yet released,

Camo
Zook
Cynder
Warnado
Lightning Rod
Sunburn
Slam Bam
Wham-Shell
Double Trouble

Exclusive ones are:

Whirlwind (Target)
Drill Sergeant (Wal-Mart)
Legendary Spyro (Toys-R-Us)
Legendary Bash (Toys-R-Us)
Legendary Chop Chop (Toys-R-Us)
Ghost Roaster (Toys-R-Us) available in adventure pack.
Ignitor (3DS version)
Dark Spyro (3DS version)
Legendary Trigger Happy (rumored to be exclusive to Toys-R-Us, as of yet unreleased)

Was able to get the two adventure packs from TRU.com with the B1G1 free. Free shipping too, which sure beats trying to go the store. No Legendary packs.

The website is getting swamped, though, so it took about 10 minutes to check out.

[quote name='salty tbone']Was able to get the two adventure packs from TRU.com with the B1G1 free. Free shipping too, which sure beats trying to go the store. No Legendary packs.

The website is getting swamped, though, so it took about 10 minutes to check out.[/QUOTE]

Got those too :)

[quote name='gunstar808']A lot of people on the forums are seemingly hung up on the "have them all" mentality. Its not necessary. Get the starter pack and add a few as you go, and I think you will get a lot of fun out of this game.[/QUOTE]
I blame pokemon.

Word of warning

The three new ones will be in two 3 packs. (Dino-Rang, Wrecking Ball, Hex)

Not sure how the break down is exactly but I know this.
Pack 1 - NEW, NEW, Stealth Elf
Pack 2 - NEW, UNKNOWN, UNKNOWN

EDIT:
PACK 1: Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf & Sonic Boom
PACK 2: Zap, Hex & Dino-Rang

I want to get Wrecking Ball and Dino-Rang, so I'm going to try some Gamestops and hope for the best. I saw them at a GS last weekend.

Kmarts around me got hit hard with the $5 singles today (two stores were sold out by 3 p.m. and they didn't even have the newest figs).

[quote name='salty tbone']Was able to get the two adventure packs from TRU.com with the B1G1 free. Free shipping too, which sure beats trying to go the store. No Legendary packs.

The website is getting swamped, though, so it took about 10 minutes to check out.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed those as well. I actually did a drive-by our local TRU thinking "it probably won't be THAT bad...how many people want to go to TRU at 9:00 at night?" Apparently, a LOT of them - I saw a huge line waiting to get in the store (and this was after 9:00, so people were already inside) and a parking lot full of cars & thought "I don't need Skylanders that bad." :p

[quote name='Kenshindono']
Dark spyro is interesting. Is he any different from regular spyro? Or just in appearance. I dont see him listed on the main site[/QUOTE]

Dark Spyro, or the Legendary versions of characters play exactly the same. However, they are a different color in the game and have slightly higher starting stats. For the console versions, they don't count as different figures towards your collection, nor do they give you a new challenge.

Its worth noting that since all the characters have divergent specs they can use, having doubles is not the worse thing in the world. For example, you can have regular Spyro specced Blitz, and L-Spyro specced Sheep Burner.

Just cashed in my $10 Zelda code for Flameslinger & Stealth Elf @ Amazon, so now I should have one of each element. That's with the 3 starter ones, Whirlwind which I grabbed at Target last week and the 2 included in the 2 adventure packs I just ordered.

Man, I went from zero Skylanders to a bunch tonight. I was fighting off the temptation since it came out, but I couldn't help myself with the deals. These are for me, too, haha. No kids!

I got:

Starter Pack - Game on Xbox 360 ($50 on TRU)
Adventure Pack - Darklight Crypt ($20 on TRU)
Adventure Pack - Pirate Seas ($0 on TRU [B1G1])
Single Pack - Prism Break ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Eruptor ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Sonic Boom ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Stealth Elf ($5 Amazon)

So in one night, and $90 later, I have the game and Skylanders that cover each element, plus extra levels and items! Much more affordable than these things were before today's sales. Reading here leads me to believe it's not really a "collect them all" thing by necessity, and with each element you can see all there is to see, yes? I'll probably still end up getting more (I'm a sucker for exclusives and cool looking figures) but I'm really happy with my initial haul.

Just got back from Gamestop. First store I went to had plenty of the Hex/Wrecking Ball/Dino-rang singles for $4.99. So I bought the two I needed, saved $6 and waited in line for 20 minutes. :drool:

Hopefully there's enough out there now so they won't be hard to find anymore.

[quote name='matthewrex']Reading here leads me to believe it's not really a "collect them all" thing by necessity, and with each element you can see all there is to see, yes?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is correct. Only the obsessive/compulsive folks like me with more money than self-control go down the collect-them-all road.

Just grabbed the high seas 3 pack and the dark light crypt pack at toys r us. Also nabbed stealth elf and voodood b1g1. Just a little addicted

[quote name='salty tbone']Just got back from Gamestop. First store I went to had plenty of the Hex/Wrecking Ball/Dino-rang singles for $4.99. So I bought the two I needed, saved $6 and waited in line for 20 minutes. :drool:

Hopefully there's enough out there now so they won't be hard to find anymore.

Yes, that is correct. Only the obsessive/compulsive folks like me with more money than self-control go down the collect-them-all road.[/QUOTE]

What time is Gamestop opening? The only thing I need from them is SSFighter Arcade and possibly Sonic 3DS if it's on sale there.

[quote name='skiizim']What time is Gamestop opening? The only thing I need from them is SSFighter Arcade and possibly Sonic 3DS if it's on sale there.[/QUOTE]

Midnight. I got there 12:05, grabbed the Skylanders and got in line. I was thinking the people in front of me were crazy for choosing black friday to trade games in, then I looked at what I was buying.

I actually adjusted my order a bit. I decided to ALSO order the 3DS version of the game since I still had a lot of Amazon credit. My current haul is as follows:

Starter Pack - Game on Xbox 360 ($50 on TRU)
Starter Pack - Game on Nintendo 3DS ($20 on Amazon (with credit)
Adventure Pack - Darklight Crypt ($20 on TRU)
Adventure Pack - Pirate Seas ($0 on TRU [B1G1])
Single Pack - Prism Break ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Eruptor ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Sonic Boom ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Chop Chop ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Stump Smash ($5 Amazon)
Single Pack - Drobot ($5 Amazon)

TOO MUCH STUFF

God, I hate you guys. But thanks for the info. Bought the two adventure packs at Toys R Us. Ugh... I'm disgusted with myself. :nottalking:

Dammit - wish I had been monitoring this earlier. It just never occured to me this deal would be online - not sure why... SO now only the Pirate's Ship pack is in stock and nothing else to go along with it. D'oh!

[quote name='salty tbone']Only the obsessive/compulsive folks like me with more money than self-control go down the collect-them-all road.[/QUOTE]
Just promise us you won't buy this and you won't have to turn in your CAG card.

Here's a sample review quote from a sucker/shill reviewer:

"The reason I got this was so my toys would stop falling and slipping out of my hands when I had to carry them, and it fulfills that."

[quote name='Kerig']Just promise us you won't buy this and you won't have to turn in your CAG card.

Here's a sample review quote from a sucker/shill reviewer:

"The reason I got this was so my toys would stop falling and slipping out of my hands when I had to carry them, and it fulfills that."[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. I'm ok with just a cardboard box.

Here's from another review:
"It is definitely a hefty hunk of plastic that looks fun and captures the feel of the game."

Hmmm?

I just went to TRU. Lots of Adventure and Lengendary 3 packs still available. A few single packs, too.

At GS, I found and bought Wrecking Ball and Dino-Rang for $5 each. I picked up 2 3-packs for $27.99.

^^ Wait, 2 3-packs for $27 at GS. Do they have the Pirate and Crypt expansions there too? I'd go 2 for $27 at GS over driving further to the TRU.

The web site is still the same: Pirate Seas in stock, all the others OOS. Dammit - will have to venture into a store today, though I really don't want to.

^Yeah, I saw the Crypt and Pirates Expansion packs at my GS. If they don't have figures and packs on display, just ask them because they might have more in the back room.

I didn't buy the Expansion Packs at GS. Therefore, I'm not sure if these qualify for the 2 for $27.99 deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
GS may be okay, if it's not in a mall location at this time of the day. Can confirm the $5.00 packs, and (at least locally) they got the 3 new ones (wrecking ball, Dino rang, and that other 'undead' female character...can't remember the name.)

[quote name='dragonjud']GS may be okay, if it's not in a mall location at this time of the day. Can confirm the $5.00 packs, and (at least locally) they got the 3 new ones (wrecking ball, Dino rang, and that other 'undead' female character...can't remember the name.)[/QUOTE]

Went to GS - not crowded at all. They had Wrecking Ball and Hex individual packs (in the back - glad I asked another person as the first one just knee-jerk reaction told me everything was already out :roll:). But they did not have anything besides the Pirate Seas and the character 3-packs. Then I went to TRU and they only had the Pirate Seas one and not a single other item (besides the starter packs). Best Buy had both expansions but would not match TRU even though it is a Saturday ad (not just a BF deal).

So I thought, last chance, I'll see if I can order the 2 sets together from gamestop.com. Well, they don't have the Crypt listed online. We have 100% confirmation that it is available in store? I can maybe try another store tomorrow - but not having the ability to look online for stock is kind of a pain.

I could have bought the Pirate set and a 3-pack at GS, but I already have more than enough characters and some of those would probably be duplicates.

For those who have played, is there even any point in getting lots of figures? I figured (heh) that you really can't use so many at once anyway, so other than for collector's purposes there doesn't seem to be much use for too many. I already have 11 counting the ones in the starter pack (got 3 from the pack, 2 at Best Buy matching the TRU 2 for $10, 2 at TRU 2 for $10, 2 from Amazon 2 for $10, and now 2 at GS for $5 each...).

[quote name='io']So I thought, last chance, I'll see if I can order the 2 sets together from gamestop.com. Well, they don't have the Crypt listed online. We have 100% confirmation that it is available in store? I can maybe try another store tomorrow - but not having the ability to look online for stock is kind of a pain.
[/QUOTE]

I believe the Crypt is still a TRU exclusive (that is supposed to end, but I've yet to see it anywhere besides TRU)

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw the Crypt at Walmart. Don't know what I was thinking. Oddly, almost all the singles left at that Walmart were Drill Sergeants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't help myself. After playing more of the game just now, I coughed up $10 (in amazon credit) for Eruptor and Prism Break. This will put my total character count to 18... >_>. Still want Whirlwind fuck

[quote name='io']
For those who have played, is there even any point in getting lots of figures?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not at all. Over yesterday and today we're at about 70% done (level-wise, not completion-wise). I only use Chop-Chop and Drobot, my son only uses Spyro and Gill Grunt (he's really cool once you unlock unlimited water rather than having it drain down frequently)

We use the others when we have to (elemental gates) or when his main two characters die.

Another thing to think about: The game doesn't exactly have crazy replayability, I know I'll be selling my entire set next month as a super-bundle with one of each element, do you really plan on keeping this thing and all of the little toys once you're all done playing it and a new normal game come along to replace it?

I have a unique way of seeing into my near future on things like this from experience, and I know I certainly won't want all of this worthless crap taking up space in 5 years next year...except for Drobot, he's a keeper. For $5, it's definitely worth keeping a maxed out level 10 Drobot on my shelf for eternity :)

This is Activision my pal...there will be a Skylanders 2, 3, 4 ...etc. "Apparently" it's selling so well so why wouldn't they milk it?

bread's done
Back