Two-pack Memorex Xbox 360 rechargable battery pack 2.99+shipping

Anyone had experience with these rechargeable battery packs? It's pretty cheap. but no one seems to know how "efficient" they are...

I'm ordering this shit because of the item description

No, not now … NOOOOOO!
Charles loved his video games. He loved his video games more than pretty much everything. He even loved his video games more than his girlfriend, but that was probably more attributed to the fact that he only knew her online and after she repeatedly tried to get him to sign up for free trials of medications he wasn’t sure if she was actually real.

Anyway, Charles was finally on the path to beating the most difficult game he had ever played, Escape from Sunny Day Studios. It wasn’t his favorite game, that honor went to Hello Kitty Crosses the Border, but he had never seen a challenge quiet as daunting as EFSDS.

“Darn!” he yelled. “That old guy gets me every time!”

This time, however, was different. He used a distraction to get the villain out of his path and he was finally going to beat the game when his character inexplicably stopped moving.

“What? What’s going on? Go! GOOOOO!”

No amount of yelling was going to charge his Xbox 360 controller. Charles never beat that game. Don’t be like Charles. Buy the 2-Pack Memorex Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack.

I've always bought third-party battery packs, and even when they were new, I had the problem where the controller would die, but then I could turn it back on and use it more. I could do this several times over the course of an hour or two, with the deaths becoming more and more frequent. It seems to start once the dashboard shows the charge is under 50%. I've always wondered if that was because of cheap batteries or it's just a flaw with 360 controllers. So, do first party battery packs have the same issue, or do the work right up until they are completely dead?

[quote name='bnizzle']Why buy these when you can get low discharge rechargeable AAs for cheaper?[/QUOTE]

I may be the only one who experiences this, but the AA battery packs I have on both of my reach editiion controllers disconnect the controller (turn off) if I bump them with my finger while gaming. Since I got rechargeable packs, this doesn't happen. Also having to swap out batteries while on a kill streak tends to end that kill streak. Although, I'm no gunslinger when it comes to reloading batteries lol.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']So, do first party battery packs have the same issue, or do the work right up until they are completely dead?[/QUOTE]

In my experience--and I've only ever used MS packs--what you're describing only happens after the billionth time the battery pack has been charged. Each time a pack is charged and drained it loses a fraction of it's maximum capacity to hold a charge. The better quality the pack though, the more times it's capable of holding that charge.

I've read recently that many people report this problem is much worse if you exclusively use the Play & Charge kits (which I know that I do), moreso too, if you're always charging them while still playing with it as opposed to letting it fully charge with the controller turned off. Having read that from multiple people has made me want to get the Microsoft Quick Charge kit (the 20min charger that plugs into the wall) at the expense and convenience abandoning the Plug & Play cables, except for using them as wired connections on occasion.

[quote name='Sanges99']In my experience--and I've only ever used MS packs--what you're describing only happens after the billionth time the battery pack has been charged. Each time a pack is charged and drained it loses a fraction of it's maximum capacity to hold a charge. The better quality the pack though, the more times it's capable of holding that charge.

I've read recently that many people report this problem is much worse if you exclusively use the Play & Charge kits (which I know that I do), moreso too, if you're always charging them while still playing with it as opposed to letting it fully charge with the controller turned off. Having read that from multiple people has made me want to get the Microsoft Quick Charge kit (the 20min charger that plugs into the wall) at the expense and convenience abandoning the Plug & Play cables, except for using them as wired connections on occasion.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with him. I have the wall charger and I use that. I have two packs and just switch them out if I know one pack is dying.

Back to OP: Not sure if I would do it even though I was ready to buy them until reading the thread.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm ordering this shit because of the item description[/QUOTE]

I thought you might have made it up....but no....

Best Item Description Ever!*

*The fictitious game listed on Gamestop about 2 years ago on April Fool's was pretty close. What was that...some kind of ventriloquist doll game...anyway they listed it as "M" with a huge assortment of content like Drug Use, etc.:)

[quote name='derby70']Is it live?

Or is it?

Memorex......[/QUOTE]

I hate you. I specifically read this whole thread so I could say that, and then right when I thought it was safe--the last freakin' post! You ruined my morning...

[quote name='Tom Ato']I hate you. I specifically read this whole thread so I could say that, and then right when I thought it was safe--the last freakin' post! You ruined my morning...[/QUOTE]

If that was going to be the high point of your day, then you have my sympathies.

bread's done
Back