Two Worlds 2 Royal Edition is $59.99 at Gamestop

Its online only. I checked this morning, and its still ringing $89.99. Even the in-store locator kiosk thing still says 89.99. Why make an online only price for an OOS item tho?

[quote name='Segasonic01']Its online only. I checked this morning, and its still ringing $89.99. Even the in-store locator kiosk thing still says 89.99. Why make an online only price for an OOS item tho?[/QUOTE]

Because Gamestop is such a great company.

Rushed to gamestop at 8:54, 6 minutes before closing, picked up the last one. $60, and I'm never opening it. By the time I get around to playing it, the standard edition will be less than $20. I read this is limited to less than 5000 copies. Pretty rare.

Am I retarded or is there no option to notify me if it goes in stock online? I want one as the ebay prices were insane for this.

Not to resell either. My wife enjoys the first one.

i just recently price matched these from 99.99 to 89.99 i wonder if they will let me price match them again LOL. technically i can just return them with the new receipts as i bought two of them and then rebuy them at the lower price. thanks op for the post. going to see if they will let me.

Is the store locator accurate on these? Because I saw one for each system at a local GS a couple of days ago and now its saying there's none.

It was accurate for me. I just picked one up for $60 at my local Gamestop. The manager was surprised that it rang up the same price as the standard. Also told me to wait a month for the Killzone 3 special edition to drop like a rock.

[quote name='amphigorey']The urge to write a troll post is overwhelming... I mean, we are talking about Two Worlds right?[/QUOTE]
I think the sequel is a lot better than the first one.

Got mine yesterday morning. It rang up the correct price of $59.99. It was the PS3 version.

I had my choice of 1 PS3 version or 1 360 version. Decided on the PS3 since it seems a bit harder to find (only 4 GS's within 100 miles of me had it).

Now may be a good time to remind people on Gamestop's store-to-store shipping option. Basically if your local store is OOS, ask the manager if he can call another store and have them ship it to his store. It's not foolproof, but works most of the time when I've done it. YMMV by store, of course.

holy crap, they couldn't even sell 5000 copies of this without a price drop? The first game really sullied the reputation of this franchise.

I might have to go pick one up though for $60.

by the way, i found this on gameinformer (member blog):

"The price for one of these Royal Editions was originally 99$, but the Royal Edition is no longer in stock. If you truly want this edition of the game expect to pay 150-250$.There is also some extra dlc armor and things, and if they are really good it could bring the rating up a bit."

hah

Snap. What's gamestop's price adjusting policy? I just got this five days ago for $90... is it YMMV or something they'll do on the spot without question?

The urge to write a troll post is overwhelming... I mean, we are talking about Two Worlds right?
I can't stand the game, but some people absolutely love it. I figure it might be a rarer item though as long as it has its fanbase so its probably worth collecting.

cold it varies on the employee. they say only within 7 days can you do any price adjusting. but even if the employee wont let you price match just tell them your returning the item and then rebuy it. you have technically 30 days on new products to do returns and nothing says you cant rebuy.

This showing up on anyone's product locator on their website? It's not showing up for me and I don't know if it's worth the trip there since sometimes individual stores don't update their inventory on a regular basis especially with low quantity items.

Line for Pokemon was wrapping around the store! Picked up the 360 version since it was all they had. Clerk was shocked she thought that box would sit there forever.

[quote name='remag']This showing up on anyone's product locator on their website? It's not showing up for me and I don't know if it's worth the trip there since sometimes individual stores don't update their inventory on a regular basis especially with low quantity items.[/QUOTE]

Stock locator didn't even show my local store as having it, I only knew it was there because I noticed a huge black box yesterday. But it does show up for me about 24 miles away according to the locator, 3 locations

Wow, I already knew this, but just a reminder. Never listen to a gamestop employee via phone call when they tell you they don't havesomething.

Just got one. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted, if it's really that rare... I saw one yesterday, so I could go pick one up.

But the first one was horrible. I popped it in, played about 5 minutes, and couldn't stop laughing. Don't think it was supposed to have that effect.

[quote name='coolsteel']Line for Pokemon was wrapping around the store! Picked up the 360 version since it was all they had. Clerk was shocked she thought that box would sit there forever.

Stock locator didn't even show my local store as having it, I only knew it was there because I noticed a huge black box yesterday. But it does show up for me about 24 miles away according to the locator, 3 locations[/QUOTE]

Yeah dont trust the store locator on this one, I just bought one despite the website saying there were none within 100 miles!

[quote name='Josef']Got mine yesterday morning. It rang up the correct price of $59.99. It was the PS3 version.

I had my choice of 1 PS3 version or 1 360 version. Decided on the PS3 since it seems a bit harder to find (only 4 GS's within 100 miles of me had it).

Now may be a good time to remind people on Gamestop's store-to-store shipping option. Basically if your local store is OOS, ask the manager if he can call another store and have them ship it to his store. It's not foolproof, but works most of the time when I've done it. YMMV by store, of course.[/QUOTE]

Never gave that a thought. Someone at one store did offere to finde an arcade stick for me at another store.

For those of you who got this - do you feel something loose in the box, as you shake/move it around.
I was not planning to open it anytime soon, so can someone please confirm if there is some item which is packed that way inside?
Or did I get a broken figure or something!

[quote name='DanteWarrior']For those of you who got this - do you feel something loose in the box, as you shake/move it around.
I was not planning to open it anytime soon, so can someone please confirm if there is some item which is packed that way inside?
Or did I get a broken figure or something![/QUOTE]

I don't feel so bad now. My PS3 copy does have something loose. Doesn't sound good at all. My 360 version does not have the same sound. I have no intentions of opening either any time soon though. Let me know if you peek inside.

the figure with the pieces could be loose. The rest of the package is in another section like the fable 3 CE.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I don't feel so bad now. My PS3 copy does have something loose. Doesn't sound good at all. My 360 version does not have the same sound. I have no intentions of opening either any time soon though. Let me know if you peek inside.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah I got something that sounds loose as well

I opened mine because a broken figure would have meant instant return for me.
It was the staff that was loose & moving around, but there was also some wear inside the box & a big hole in the plastic that was holding the statue & other accesories.
The items & art book are cool though.

Do not trust GC online game tracker . It showed no availability of the game within 50 miles from me, but I saw the game in atleast 3 stores aroound me just yesterday, before I knew for the price drop. So today I went to one of them and bought me a copy for ps 3. Advice: go.ahead and check in person in your local gc stores. I was told they received no more than 1 copy of each system and are not going to have anymore.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the thread yet.....is this game any good?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly, better than the first one. Still doesn't answer your question though :lol:

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the thread yet.....is this game any good?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a big ol pile of poo. I can rant for a long time about it but I'll be brief and just say it has a bunch of graphic issues (the main offender being the frame rate), a poor control layout, random difficulty spikes, static combat, and cheesy acting/animation. Some folks say they can see a gem behind all the crusty graphical snafus but I gotta draw the line at some point (usually the frame rate), more importantly it has to be fun to play but I felt there was no fun to be had. The game is pretty deep when it comes to crafting, upgrading, concocting, etc. and the multiplayer's a welcome addition to these kinda games but I have trouble seeing the point in either of those when the core gameplay sucks so bad... no point in getting all dressed up when you've got nothing worthwhile to do.

Some say they genuinely enjoy it, and others try and put a "so bad its good" spin on it.... the former confuse me but maybe they see something that I don't, the latter is Destructoid and would be shot out of a cannon into the atlantic if I had my way. Either way I think when you come across a "polarizing" game like this you just gotta try and play it for yourself, personally I would at least rent it first.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Yeah dont trust the store locator on this one, I just bought one despite the website saying there were none within 100 miles![/QUOTE]

Just to add what people are saying, the store locator is borked with this game. I generally have very good luck with it, but the Web site indicated only one store in 20+ miles had it. Turns out a bunch around me still have it.

I actually passed on the first copy I saw because the shrink wrap looked sketchy like it might have been a reseal. But every copy I saw had crappy looking shrink wrap.

[quote name='VaultDweller']how rare is this ? i see people having no trouble finding it[/QUOTE]
I don't know, but a simple search of the game and two of my local GS zip codes (one near home, one near work) turn up a dozen of GS stores have it in stock. I'm waiting for $30-$40, but reading Ilikecoldbeverages's post made me thinking twice on this, even if it's cheap.

This is why I wish we had a red box near me that stocked games. I think I read they have TW2. If so, it would be a cheap rental to see if its a game you would like or not. See if you have any Red Boxes with games in your area.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Rushed to gamestop at 8:54, 6 minutes before closing, picked up the last one. $60, and I'm never opening it. By the time I get around to playing it, the standard edition will be less than $20. I read this is limited to less than 5000 copies. Pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

Where did you spot the 5000 copies? I would really want to pick one up for my collection if it's going to be super hard to find in a year. Thanks!

[quote name='confoosious']holy crap, they couldn't even sell 5000 copies of this without a price drop? The first game really sullied the reputation of this franchise.[/QUOTE]
If history is of any indication, it's from SouthPeak Games who proudly brought you X-Blade and Velvet Assassin.

[quote name='gauu']cold it varies on the employee. they say only within 7 days can you do any price adjusting. but even if the employee wont let you price match just tell them your returning the item and then rebuy it. you have technically 30 days on new products to do returns and nothing says you cant rebuy.[/QUOTE]
Technically you can return it unopened within 30 days of purchase. However, I have a bitch in a neighboring town that once told me she wouldn't resell a LE game to me if I return it unopened because she wouldn't let me get the cheaper price (a $15 drop within 30 days of game launch). I stopped pre-ordering shit from that store. Bitch!

Drove around central and southern NH tonight and snagged a few of em.
They are hard to find, butnot impossible. Most of the gamestops I called held them for me.

Few hours worth of driving, shopping and dinner with the girlfriend produced 3 of them.

Edit.
From the homework I've done there's no more to be had in NH. This is getting quite rare.
As for the games quality, I enjoy it a lot. Its rough but I can understand why people don't like it.
Voice acting is atrocious, frame rate blows, story is generic, and its impossible to make a character who doesn't look like justin bieber. Just move all the sliders one direction and make a mutant freak. More fun.

[quote name='OnettHero']Drove around central and southern NH tonight and snagged a few of em.
They are hard to find, butnot impossible. Most of the gamestops I called held them for me.

Few hours worth of driving, shopping and dinner with the girlfriend produced 3 of them.

Edit.
From the homework I've done there's no more to be had in NH. This is getting quite rare.
As for the games quality, I enjoy it a lot. Its rough but I can understand why people don't like it.
Voice acting is atrocious, frame rate blows, story is generic, and its impossible to make a character who doesn't look like justin bieber. Just move all the sliders one direction and make a mutant freak. More fun.[/QUOTE]

i agree man, game was fun, i enjoyed it a lot but its not worth the $40 i spent on it

bread's done
Back