Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition (Xbox 360) 50% off from Amazon

pofigster

CAGiversary!
I just noticed this and I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but right now on Amazon you can get Two Worlds 2 (for Xbox 360) Velvet Game of the Year edition for 50% off ($25).

Link to the product is below. Instructions are to use the promo code TOPWARE2 at checkout - it needs to be sold by Topware Interactive (fulfilled by Amazon is OK). This is Prime eligible. The details say get 50% off when you buy 1 or more items from Topware. I don't know if this is a mistake or intentional, but it worked for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329483219&sr=1-4

[quote name='GALATIANSv220']Can anyone help clear something up for me?

It seems like a lot of people are opening up their Royal Editions and finding problems. Is this just with the Royal GOTY Ed. that comes with the DLC, or is it also with the standard Royal Ed.? I got the standard Royal Ed. and it looks to be in great shape, but the shrink wrap does look a bit messy. I was hoping to leave it sealed as a collectible, but if there is a chance that the contents aren't complete then its not much of a collectible. I'm mainly concerned with the box for the playing cards, bonus DVD case and whether or not the artbook is hardcover, since all of these things are shown on the back of the box.

Did anyone open a copy of the standard Royal Edition? How was it?

Thanks for the help:)[/QUOTE]

It's not consider a collectible because both Royal and Royal GOTY edition is repackaged. Both are the same, but the GOTY comes with the DLC on the disc.

[quote name='GALATIANSv220']Can anyone help clear something up for me?

It seems like a lot of people are opening up their Royal Editions and finding problems. Is this just with the Royal GOTY Ed. that comes with the DLC, or is it also with the standard Royal Ed.? I got the standard Royal Ed. and it looks to be in great shape, but the shrink wrap does look a bit messy. I was hoping to leave it sealed as a collectible, but if there is a chance that the contents aren't complete then its not much of a collectible. I'm mainly concerned with the box for the playing cards, bonus DVD case and whether or not the artbook is hardcover, since all of these things are shown on the back of the box.

Did anyone open a copy of the standard Royal Edition? How was it?

Thanks for the help:)[/QUOTE]

I bought the PC collectors edition. Weird shrink wrap, loose bonus DVD, softcover artbook, no shrink wrap on the playing cards although they did come in a box, and the inside cover to the action figure was quite dusty. All signs point to it being a repack, but I think all of the recently ordered ones are repacks as they sold out of the original ones awhile ago as far as i'm aware.

However, it's worth noting that the softcover artbook is most likely standard for the US collectors editions as others who bought this day one have mentioned their artbooks were softcover too (read a page or two back). As far as i've read, the hardcover was only available for European CE's. However, don't quote me on that.. :)

my royal GOTY came today and there is some damage to the box...what do? its nothing to big, some small cracks and a spot on the front that looks like the first layer of paper was torn off...what should i do?

Velvet GOTY Edition arrived yesterday. It's a pretty smooth CE in terms of the exterior box, but the bonuses are a little lacking (the pin is small). Nice double-sided map though.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i stopped reading when you said to start the game in hard mode.[/QUOTE]

Why? :roll: I never play in Hard but this game benefits from it.

Received My 360 Royal and PC Velvet. I opened the shrink wrap off the xbox 360 one. The items look good, but the outer box has a pretty noticeable scrape. The black is scraped off and there is a sizable white mark. What do you guys think...complain to Amazon? I am not one two usually complain, but I really cannot resell it with the blemish (Not like these things are moving on ebay anyway).

Also, better to play on PC or Xbox? I do plan on playing the game and did not just buy to flip.

[quote name='bigdbo622']Also, better to play on PC or Xbox? I do plan on playing the game and did not just buy to flip.[/QUOTE]

Well you can run the PC version in higher resolutions so I think it looks a little nicer. The PC version does have full support for the 360 controller too, just make sure your 360 controller is on before you start the game.

It's not an especially demanding game to run hardware wise either so if your PC isn't super high end you probably still can run it decently.

[quote name='Motoki']Well you can run the PC version in higher resolutions so I think it looks a little nicer. The PC version does have full support for the 360 controller too, just make sure your 360 controller is on before you start the game.

It's not an especially demanding game to run hardware wise either so if your PC isn't super high end you probably still can run it decently.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I can run Skyrim on my gaming laptop pretty well so I should be ok.

I received my x360 velvet goty edition. I love the velvet book-styled case. Anyway, the regular game disc works fine on my 360 but the expansion disc does not. It says mixed media disc. Has anybody else had this problem? This is really disappointing considering I bought this edition mainly for the Pirate expansion.

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized the expansion is included on the main disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
chill. u can buy the expansion on psn or xbox live.

[quote name='arrakis31']Just finished TW II, but I miss this deal.
Damned, the expansion looks great !!!!!!
Any resellers in the uS????[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']chill. u can buy the expansion on psn or xbox live.[/QUOTE]

True - at 2400 spacebucks or $25. Better to have gotten the velvet edition with all the swag for the same price though. I bought the collector's GOTY edition hoping to share the DLC between the wife's live account and mine, but all the DLC is on the disc so no dice. I would also like to get a hold of another cheap velvet edition.

Agreed 2400 pts for the extension is way to much for 2010 - 2011 games...
Why do they never drop xbl or psn games value ???

its expensive because its like 30 hours. its basically a whole new game.

[quote name='arrakis31']Agreed 2400 pts for the extension is way to much for 2010 - 2011 games...
Why do they never drop xbl or psn games value ???[/QUOTE]

This is for the Region Free PAL version. Though strangely it's hit or miss for them to play. I ordered the Royal Edition some time ago and it was the PAL version. It played fine on the newer slim Xbox, but my older launch console and my friends Elite console didn't recognize it.

That's weird. I have the Royal GOTY and the Velvet GOTY and they both play on my elite and my wife's slim. I guess who knows when you are dealing with international versions...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the velvet edition for the 360 when this was on sale last year and it worked just fine on my non-slim 360. I even managed to get the full 1250 achievement score for the main game, expansion + dlc maps. I thought the game was pretty good other than the final boss battle.

bread's done
Back