Two Worlds 2 (X360/PS3): $15.99 @ NewEgg (Free Ship; ShopRunner 2-Day Eligible)

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Anyone play this? Still haven't played the first. Seems like $10 to me.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it but I would probably side with you re: a $10-er. Good price on :360:; competitive on :ps3:.....

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Anyone play this? Still haven't played the first. Seems like $10 to me.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up last time GameFly had it for really cheap. I was, let's say, less than impressed. I played maybe 3-4 hours before putting it aside and later selling it to Amazon.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']I picked it up last time GameFly had it for really cheap. I was, let's say, less than impressed. I played maybe 3-4 hours before putting it aside and later selling it to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yea, still haven't played the first. I usually pick up all new games

[quote name='strait edge follower']This was one of the most flipped games of 2011 lol. I might acually buy a copy to play if it hits 10$ soon. This is an action rpg right ?[/QUOTE]

Yes to the action question.

[quote name='strait edge follower']This was one of the most flipped games of 2011 lol. I might acually buy a copy to play if it hits 10$ soon. This is an action rpg right ?[/QUOTE]

Yes but the combat doesn't flow very well.

A few of my friends finished it, they said it was alright but had some fairly annoying aspects.

I'm holding out for $9.99 new, it's bound to happen.

I got this at one of the Blockbuster cleances so it only cost me about $6. I am enjoying it now. It is an action rpg, and there are some wonky parts. The ranged combat is only fair at the beginning (which is where I am) and the camera angles can be a pain in some of the melee fighting but it has a good amount of variety and the story line isn't bad. I still want to play it though i'm only 3 hours into it. It is a very big world and initially getting to places is a bit of a chore though you can then teleport back fairly early on. I don't know if I would have paid $15+ for it but for what I paid, I am enjoying it.

I played through TW2 last summer and really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty bad for the first few hours but after that (once I wasn't getting destroyed by wild animals any more) something clicked for me and I ended up really liking it. It definitely had a "cheap" feel to it- especially the combat- but I paid $20 for it and feel that I got my money's worth in fun overall. Many people also seemed to enjoy the various online and multiplayer aspects though I never tried those myself.

Hold out for $10 - it's been there before. Decent game, better than the first. It has its share of bugs/quirks but just remember to have fun with it.

Almost put it down after playing for the first hour, but it does get better. The best way I could describe it to somebody who was looking to pick it up is it's basically Oblivion's younger, mentally challenged brother.

Two worlds 2 is a very underrated game, I'm about 30 hours in now and really enjoying it. Sure it suffers from poor voice acting at times, but sometimes it's good....really depends on the actor, it's very up and down. This game is pretty much a European port, I think the game was made in Poland or Germany so some of the translation is kinda weird. The graphics aren't great but they are certainly not bad either. The game suffers from a lot of technical hiccups like frame rate issues and screen tearing but overall it's not that bad.

Now the good. The game has probably the best magic system of any RPG i have ever played, and I've played a lot. It''s genius and if you plan on playing this game make sure and be a mage, it's a lot more fun this way. Spell crafting is fantastic and there is so much you can do with the system once you figure it all out. It's kinda complicated so it took me a while to learn the system. The writing in the game is also very good. Side quests are fleshed out and have interesting stories for the most part. Some good variety in them. They usually have some twists and turns in them too. The game is also LOL at times with the dialog. It's a very dry humor and the main character sounds like NEO from the Matrix movies. Very entertaining. The combat is a little wonky but it's not bad, that's why I suggest being a mage. Your character kind of flails around with the weapons but again, it's not bad at all.

The looting system is fantastic. All the CRAP you pick up has a purpose and can be broken down into elements like steel and wood, you then use these elements to make your better weapons stronger. Easily worth the 16$ price. The first couple hours of the game are tough because you are such a scrub and you'll die from everything so you have to be smart about combat and keep your distance or block and counter effectively. I told one of my buddies to buy it and he got about 2 hours in and he quit. So it's tough at first but once you get powered up I haven't had any problems. Overall a very good Action RPG with excellent writing and fun combat and magic. Hope this helps.

I have it on the PC (played with a 360 controller) and I really like it. It's not the best game ever but I think it's decent and underrated. It's pretty long and there's lots to do. I think visually it's also quite nice.

My backlog is also ridiculous and I made time for this game so I guess that's saying something. If you like freeform sandbox style RPGs I think it's a good deal at this price. There's really not that many around, basically the Elder Scrolls series which seem to take 5 years between games and this.

I clocked over 100 hours in it so I feel like I got my money's worth and I bought the collector's edition at full price. :p

[quote name='robdees']I played through TW2 last summer and really enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty bad for the first few hours but after that (once I wasn't getting destroyed by wild animals any more) something clicked for me and I ended up really liking it. It definitely had a "cheap" feel to it- especially the combat- but I paid $20 for it and feel that I got my money's worth in fun overall. Many people also seemed to enjoy the various online and multiplayer aspects though I never tried those myself.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I kept getting hit with rotten tomatos (or whatever) by orangutans and Ostriches would peck at me.

I gotta figure out the mage stuff cuz rignt now I don't have much power so I will have to keep up with it. But as others have said, I have a huge backlog as well but I tried this out and it has gotten my interest for the first few hours and from what others are saying those are the worst hours so I'll have to stick with it.

I picked this up for $7.99 from the Gamefly holiday sale and it's a very underrated game. The best part of it imo is the multiplayer missions where you have to work together with other players. I wish the whole game was like that, actually, since it's done so well and that would differentiate it from the Elder Scrolls games.

I'm obviously in the minority but I thought Two Worlds was all kinds of underrated. I played it to the end but I was vastly underleveled when I got to the final boss and I had had enough. I know it's ugly and glitchy but once you actually get into it, it works just fine. The second one is in my backlog but I'm definitely getting to it.

There is a Velvet Edition of Two Worlds 2 on Amazon for $49.99 with free super saver shipping for the 360, but $10.00 shipping on the PS3 version. It includes the Pirates of the Flying Fortress and Multiplayer Map Pack 1 on the disc. It is 2400 points on the Xbox Marketplace for the Pirates Expansion and 1200 points for the Multiplayer map pack. That comes out to about $45.00 of DLC for me. So if you are planning on getting the DLC it might be better to pick up the Velvet edition, which also comes with two exclusive multiplayer maps on the disc you can't get through the marketplace. I own the Velvet Edition for the 360 as I wanted the DLC but preferred having it on disc for $5.00 more.

:ps3:PS3:
http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II-Velvet-Playstation-3/dp/B006GVLNV2

:xbox:360:
http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II-Velvet-Game-Year/dp/B0058NY63Q

There is also a 360 Royal Collector's Game of the Year Edition for $59.99 on Amazon with free super saver shipping:

:xbox:360:
http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II-Royal-Collectors-Game/dp/B006M8986G

bread's done
Back