two worlds ce $59.99 shipped at amazon

I've heard some pretty horrid things about this game. The Gamespy review is pretty harsh. I still want to give a go though, but this is a under $20 investment most likely for me.

The previews were poor enough where I wouldn't be surprised to see this as an Amazon DOTD sooner rather than later.

Some people actually like this game, including me. It's seriously not as bad as the trolls and haters are saying. Most of the bashing is due to the mediocre graphics, but the gameplay and story are quite good. I advise a rental and several hours of playing (the menus & some of the systems are initially confusing) before you pass judgement.

[quote name='eastx']Some people actually like this game, including me. It's seriously not as bad as the trolls and haters are saying. Most of the bashing is due to the mediocre graphics, but the gameplay and story are quite good. I advise a rental and several hours of playing (the menus & some of the systems are initially confusing) before you pass judgement.[/quote]

my friend rents alot of games from blockbuster to up his gamerscore, so he rented this and he told me it was horrible...from awful framerate to outdated graphics (as you stated) it just wasn't worth going through he said ;)

[quote name='eastx']Some people actually like this game, including me. It's seriously not as bad as the trolls and haters are saying. Most of the bashing is due to the mediocre graphics, but the gameplay and story are quite good. I advise a rental and several hours of playing (the menus & some of the systems are initially confusing) before you pass judgement.[/quote]

except for the horrible framerate, constant bugs and crashes, terrible quest system and absolutely awful storyline, you're totally right

There's nothing awful about the storyline at all. The voice acting sucks though.
The framerate isn't good, but it's not horrible either. It's crashed on me once in ten hours of playing. So yeah, you're a hater, man.

[quote name='eastx']There's nothing awful about the storyline at all. The voice acting sucks though.
The framerate isn't good, but it's not horrible either. It's crashed on me once in ten hours of playing. So yeah, you're a hater, man.[/quote]

In the 20 minutes I played this game it completely locked up my 360 twice. Both where in multiplayer which is completly broken. I have no idea how this game got through certification.

Oh, I forgot multiplayer. Yeah, that's badly in need of a patch (which is coming). But thankfully, Two Worlds also contains a lengthy single-player component. It's sort of a cross between Diablo (loot & fighting) and Oblivion (exploration, story). Unpolished, but fun.

This game is horrid. I wouldn't buy it for $10. I was looking forward to it too. I tried it for 3 hours. It doesn't even compete with Elder Scrolls 3. Heck it doesn't even compete with opened ended PC RPG games of almost 8 years ago.

This was a sad attempt and we got a incomplete game. The concept it great, the actual thing......possibly one of the worst games on the 360.

Too bad really.....

At first glance, the game is total crap. However, once you learn how everything works and get used to the outdated graphics, it's not half bad. They definitely could have polished it up a LOT more, but I'm about 6 hours into the single player mode and liking it much better. I pretty much had to force myself to play through the first hour, though.

I think the story is actually pretty good, and it's impressive that they have voiceovers for all of the dialogue in the game (even if they are a bit weak).

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but I imagine that it's not very good based on the lack of polish in other areas of the game. I think that the people who dislike this game the most are ones who are comparing it to Oblivion, or who bought the game expecting an online hack 'n' slash similar to Diablo or Champions of Norrath. I'll tell you one thing I definitely like better than Oblivion, though; everything in the game world doesn't scale to your level (which totally killed Oblivion for me).

"Trolls" lol.
If a troll is someone that understands what makes a game horrible and overpowers it's redeeming qualities, then 99 percent of the people that played this game are trolls.

Do not rent the game, guys.
8 bucks for a game you can't even tolerate is not worth it.

[quote name='McNutsack']"Trolls" lol.
If a troll is someone that understands what makes a game horrible and overpowers it's redeeming qualities, then 99 percent of the people that played this game are trolls.

Do not rent the game, guys.
8 bucks for a game you can't even tolerate is not worth it.[/QUOTE]

You got me, LOLZORS!
2 Worlds is actually decently popular - the GameFAQs message board was in the top 10 highest traffic boards over there...
What you just did is indeed trolling. You voiced a negative opinion, there is no indication that you played it, and no attempt at explaining your opinion was made. You're just too cool! :)

I see this game is a either love it or hate it really badly. I personally fall into the love it camp, but I can see how those people bashing it would get their opinions after only playing a few hours or so. For whats its worth though, once I got used to the mechanics and learned how to read the map (which is insanely difficult) I couldn't stop playing. 930 achievement points later (which I've heard is the highest you can get, since the game is unfinished and you cannot access certain locations to get the rest) I still am having a great time making my character a living god. Multiplayer depends mainly on who you play with. However don't expect much depth as all the "quests" are kill this group of enemies, deliever this food and aren't related. Also the game lags as bad as the worst player, so if you have someone who has a weak connection you'll know. The game will freeze for a bit if you have a laggy player. The host can see who it is too, so if its constantly one person, you might have to kick them out.

We canceled the pre-order because of the bad reviews. Went with World in Conflict Collector's Edition instead.

Yep. rented it. Graphics horrible. Mechanics horrible. Crashed on the third conversation I had. I ejected it and returned it to BB rather than subject myself to it.

I was lucky enough to try one out at a store a friend of mine works at and I have to say that compared to what is out there right now it isnt really the best. I think had Two Worlds came out before Oblivion then expectations wouldnt be so high. I think the game should have just been delayed a bit more the company should have sent out some beta versions and test fine tuned it a bit more. People want to play something other than Oblivion right now and Two Worlds could have been that game. Overall I wouldn't buy the game. At the rate of negative reviews this game is getting I can see it hitting the bargain bin very fast.

eastx, I'm with you as one who enjoys the game. But then again I enjoy a lot of games others don't (ie: Proj. Sylpheed, Chromehounds, etc). Is it GOTY? Of course not but there is fun there to be had.
I find it amusing everyone is blaming the crashes on 2Ws and not the craptastic QA of MS...I love my 360 but the hardware is sh!t.

[quote name='eastx']Most of the bashing is due to the mediocre graphics, but the gameplay and story are quite good.[/QUOTE]
Actually the gameplay and story are worse than the graphics. Really the only things worse than gameplay and story are the bugs and crashes.

Do not pay more than $8 (a Blockbuster rental fee) for this turd.

And if you think I'm just a troll, look at my gamercard. The easy gamerscore (got the max 930/1000 since the other 70 points are, lol, bugged -- though Sufoor found a way to get the full 1000, weird!) is the only thing that kept me playing.

[quote name='Vader582']I find it amusing everyone is blaming the crashes on 2Ws and not the craptastic QA of MS...I love my 360 but the hardware is sh!t.[/QUOTE]

Play the game for more than thirty seconds and you'll see it's the worst-programmed title on the 360. Whether it's the game itself crashing or just poorly optimized code pushing the hardware too hard, (I mean, look at the game, the hardware shouldn't be getting pushed at all), either way, it's the game's fault.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Play the game for more than thirty seconds and you'll see it's the worst-programmed title on the 360. Whether it's the game itself crashing or just poorly optimized code pushing the hardware too hard, (I mean, look at the game, the hardware shouldn't be getting pushed at all), either way, it's the game's fault.[/quote]Kind of an assy way to come off, but whatever. I've played the game for more than 30 seconds, your highness. Thank you very much. Knock-on wood; I've yet to have this particular game freeze on me. By looking at your gamerscore, it appears you've avoided getting achievements in "better" games. Why the hell did you finish this game if it was so horrible?

So I managed to buy a copy of this off a friend of mine for $25, and I must say that it is not as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be.

I think the problem of people disliking the game stems from their misconception that this is supposed to be an Oblivion clone. After playing it for a few hours, it becomes evident that it is much more a throwback to games such as Diablo than anything related to Oblivion.

The framerate is not as bad as people have been making it out to be either. Sure, it won't run at 60 frames, but it is certainly not unplayable. It reminds me of the framerate in the KotOR games.

The game is far from perfect, but it is not the atrocity that people have been describing it as. If you're a fan of the western RPG genre, enjoy the Diablo games, and don't approach the game expecting the second coming of Christ, then you should enjoy this game.

(I should also mention that I cleared my system's cache before playing, and I have not experienced any game crashes at all).

[quote name='Vader582']Kind of an assy way to come off, but whatever. I've played the game for more than 30 seconds, your highness. Thank you very much. Knock-on wood; I've yet to have this particular game freeze on me. By looking at your gamerscore, it appears you've avoided getting achievements in "better" games. Why the hell did you finish this game if it was so horrible?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this. It looks like the standard internet-person way of thinking: if a game is not uterrly excellent (in other words, it's average), then it's actually utter crap. Nothing he said was very convincing, but at least he played it. I'll stand by the gameplay - it's very good, so not sure why he felt that way.

bread's done
Back