Two XBL accounts running at the same time?

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I'm headed over to my buddy's house tonight and plan on getting some Rock Band action in. I'm considering taking my XBL account on my memory card so I can log in with my own account and possibly get some achievement points out of it. Is this possible?

yes it is, i had a friend who kept his gamertag on a memory card and he got achievements when we were playing rock band together.

yes. I do it all the time. Just dont use the recover gamertag option as you might get fucked due to the xbox live problems.

[quote name='jakehoss']yes. I do it all the time. Just dont use the recover gamertag option as you might get fucked due to the xbox live problems.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't recover your gamertag right now. There's a decent chance you can lose your account info. My brother got the "tampered profile" error on the Forza 2 auction house.(hacker) He called LIVE and they ask him to delete his profile, but not the info and he lost his acheivements, online stats, friendslist, bio, saves, and etc. This doesn't happen to everyone but it's a possibility. FYI.

i do it all the time when i play on my brothers xbox....but i'll never use the "recover gamertag" again, i used it when i went to a friends house the day after halo3 came out (i "finished the fight" the night it came out) when i recovered it again on my xbox the next day ALL my halo3 saves were gone from my hdd...i was pissed, and there was nothing i could do about it because customer service didnt know how it happened either

semi related question, if two brothers use the same xbox, do they need separate live accounts (as in do they have to pay 100 bucks?) or is there a master account-sub account system

[quote name='charles']semi related question, if two brothers use the same xbox, do they need separate live accounts (as in do they have to pay 100 bucks?) or is there a master account-sub account system[/QUOTE]

if they want independent friends lists, achievements, etc. then $100 for 2 seperate accounts, no master account system here

[quote name='Murcielago77']if they want independent friends lists, achievements, etc. then $100 for 2 seperate accounts, no master account system here[/quote]

Yep, that's how we do it in our house. My wife has her account and I have mine. Anytime we play online together, we're both logged in to our own accounts.

I wish I could get a cheap first-party memory card. I've used account recovery many times, and am not a fan of how long it takes.

Plus, it's very iffy these days, with the problems XBL has had. I was without my account for nearly three days at one point.

the reason why you should only use recover account to transfer it to a new xbox has something to do with when you try to re-recover onto the original, game saves get messed up and possibility of achievements disappearing if you werent connected when you earned them. not a 100% sure though.

if you plan on moving an account from one xbox to the other and leave it there, it shouldnt be a problem, except for the saves.

For my own future reference. If I want to put my gamertag on a memory card to use it on other 360's. How do I do it? And if I am singned on a friend's 360 are we able to play my XBLA games I have purchased and they have not (on their 360)?

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']For my own future reference. If I want to put my gamertag on a memory card to use it on other 360's. How do I do it?[/quote]
System Blade - Memory - Game Profiles - Select your profile - "move" - select your memory card.
And if I am singned on a friend's 360 are we able to play my XBLA games I have purchased and they have not (on their 360)?
Yes. Just have them download the demos. When you sign on with your profile all games you have purchased will be fully unlocked on the system you are currently signed in on.

[quote name='PyroGamer']System Blade - Memory - Game Profiles - Select your profile - "move" - select your memory card.
Yes. Just have them download the demos. When you sign on with your profile all games you have purchased will be fully unlocked on the system you are currently signed in on.[/QUOTE]

I've been following this thread with interest. Any know if this will work internationally? I am going to visit my friend in Europe and was going to take my profile with me. He has a EU 360.

[quote name='DCriminal']I've been following this thread with interest. Any know if this will work internationally? I am going to visit my friend in Europe and was going to take my profile with me. He has a EU 360.[/quote]

It should do, when I go back to see my parents in the UK I take my 360 HD with my profile on and plug it into my UK 360 and everything works fine.

I've never taken my profile over on a memory card admittedly.

Rock Band question. I know you can take your Gamertag, but is there a way to bring my rocker/character with me? I assume it's a, no.

I know a lot of people here have done it with no problems, but you really aren't supposed to use the Gamertag Recovery feature when you want to play games at a friend's house. Microsoft says as much on this page: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360prosystem/gameonthego.htm

Even when Xbox Live isn't messed up, you still run the risk of losing your save data and all of that other stuff.

I know it isn't what the OP was planning on doing, but I have seen way too many other people do this and then complain when they lose their stuff.

[quote name='Corvin']Rock Band question. I know you can take your Gamertag, but is there a way to bring my rocker/character with me? I assume it's a, no.[/quote]

Couldn't you copy the Rockband save to the memory card? I know saves are usually tied to the gamertag, but as long as both are there, I'd assume it would be possible.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I know a lot of people here have done it with no problems, but you really aren't supposed to use the Gamertag Recovery feature when you want to play games at a friend's house. Microsoft says as much on this page: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360prosystem/gameonthego.htm

Even when Xbox Live isn't messed up, you still run the risk of losing your save data and all of that other stuff.

I know it isn't what the OP was planning on doing, but I have seen way too many other people do this and then complain when they lose their stuff.[/QUOTE]

My brother lost all his info, achievements, online stats, and etc but it was due to hackers on Forza 2 causing his profile to show a "tampered error" in the game's auction house.

Forza came up with a fix it on the official site recently, but weeks after MS had prompted many people to just recover. All his info was gone just like starting a new account. This has happened to alot of Forza gamers, so beware of account recover right now. It may fuck your profile.

[quote name='Corvin']Rock Band question. I know you can take your Gamertag, but is there a way to bring my rocker/character with me? I assume it's a, no.[/quote]if the character was created in the profile you have on the memory card, then all you need to do is sign in and your character will be there. i'm not sure if it's possible to transfer characters between profiles, but i doubt that it's allowed.

bread's done
Back