U Broke My Sista's Face! FIGHTING THREAD XLV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First STREET FIGHTER IV Machine In The US!

August 12, 2008

You might remember Super Arcade for being one of the first places to get Tekken 6 in the United States, well now they are the first arcade to get Street Fighter IV! Special thanks to KaNE for the heads up! If you are in the Southern California area and want to try out Street Fighter IV… Here is the address:

Super Arcade
1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91748
MAP

The arcade is located right across the street from Mt. San Antonio College in the same plaza with Jack In The Box.

I'm not exactly local, but it's exciting that arcade machines are hitting the states... coz that means we're that much closer to the home version.

This is definitely my most anticipated fighter right now... I just hope there's Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter levels of stuff to do.

This is irrelevant, though.

/jealous.

what's there to eat around Walnut?? hella chinese food???

let's have a CAG meetup since nobody wants to go to Daikokuya with me!!

JEKKISTYLE meetup... arcade games, food, and bboying... who's in?!?!?!

[quote name='MarkMan']First STREET FIGHTER IV Machine In The US!

August 12, 2008

You might remember Super Arcade for being one of the first places to get Tekken 6 in the United States, well now they are the first arcade to get Street Fighter IV! Special thanks to KaNE for the heads up! If you are in the Southern California area and want to try out Street Fighter IV… Here is the address:

Super Arcade
1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91748
MAP

The arcade is located right across the street from Mt. San Antonio College in the same plaza with Jack In The Box.[/quote]

In your time with Street Fighter IV, did you notice if they fix the issue with SFII where the CPU fighters wouldn't have to charge moves like Guile's Flash Kick the full 2 seconds to pull it off?

Sorry, I never got to play vs the CPU.. I only played the game for about an hour tops (at Comic-Con)...

And I could care less about the CPU AI!

GO FOR BROKEEEEEEEEE

Been meaning to ask this to my fellow FT CAGs.......

1. Are you guys disappointed in Street Fighter 4's cast?
2. Why or Why Not?
3. If there was two more characters you could put in it, who would they be?

Here's my take on it...

1. I was at first, but now not so much
2. At first I was disappointed that there was no 3s characters in it, but now I guess I'm okay with the fact that it's more of a sequel to SF2 then theo ther games
3. I think I'd have to go with Makoto and Urien. I think Makoto would be awesome in the SF4 engine and Urien is one of my all-time favorite 3s characters.

1: yes. it's OG SF2, replaced SSF2 with others. i'm expecting more time release characters.
2: because they're the same damn people from SF2. originality please.
3: probably some more generic racist characters. we should put an african in there like magundi the spear chucker and an italian assassin or something. with el fuerte's guacamole legdrop i don't imagine it getting any better.

1. Kinda-sorta.

2. I'd really like some Alpha and 3 characters. I don't care for the design of the new characters, but I felt the same way about 3S until I played as them. They grew on me. So I'm guessing the same thing will happen.

. . .except for Rufus that is. ;)

3. Guy and Karin.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Been meaning to ask this to my fellow FT CAGs.......

2. Why or Why Not?

Here's my take on it...

1. I was at first, but now not so much
2. At first I was disappointed that there was no 3s characters in it, but now I guess I'm okay with the fact that it's more of a sequel to SF2 then theo ther games
3. I think I'd have to go with Makoto and Urien. I think Makoto would be awesome in the SF4 engine and Urien is one of my all-time favorite 3s characters.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda disappointed with the cast. It's the SFII cast plus some people who look dumb. Honestly, I don't see anyone who I'm especially excited to try playing as, because I was never a fan of most of the original SF2 cast, and none of the newcomers make me say "oh shit, that sonuvabitch looks awesome - Ima play as them." If I could choose two new characters... they'd be new characters who actually seem interesting... maybe a good poke character? If I had to choose from the SF universe, I'd go with Makoto and... Sodom.

I'm actually pretty content with it.

2. Why or Why Not?

Since Street Fighter has seen so many characters over the years and this one is like a mix of SSF2X with some 3S elements, I'm glad that the original WWs + 4 kings are included. It would be nice if there were some 3S characters, but I'm content with it. You just know there will be more and more characters added to Street Fighter IV Champion Edition and Street Fighter IV Hyper Fighting lol.

Sakura and T. Hawk.

I had a bit of a problem with it at first, but I don't really mind.

2. Why or why not?

Well doesn't IV take place before 3s? Why would any 3s characters be in it then!

Cammy and Fei Long. I think they've been confirmed for thec console release though so woo!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Been meaning to ask this to my fellow FT CAGs.......

2. Why or Why Not?
3. If there was two more characters you could put in it, who would they be?[/quote]
1 and 2: A little bit. I mean, it's ok to have a somewhat small roster, but couldn't they think of a couple of new characters? When I see the roster, I only really see one, two people tops, that I really wanna use. El Fuerte looks like loads of fun to use, and C. Viper looks like a character I could get behind, as well.

3: I'd have to go with Yun, and...T. Hawk. Gotta represent the injuns, mang.

I'm not, large reason why is because we are promised more characters on console release. This in turn makes the already decent cast more well rounded with the announced characters.

2. Why or Why Not?
Again the cast is not bad at all, but with addition of characters makes it stronger

:lol: this is easy: Any of the Final Fight characters. I know it sounds odd, but almost any of the FF characters that have appeared in the Alpha games seem like they'd fit in so nicely in this game... Mainly Cody and Sodom.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']

:lol: this is easy: Any of the Final Fight characters. I know it sounds odd, but almost any of the FF characters that have appeared in the Alpha games seem like they'd fit in so nicely in this game... Mainly Cody and Sodom.[/QUOTE]

or some motherfuckin' HAGGAR

even though he wasn't in any alphas..

maybe capcom fighting all stars counts?

Some days yes and some days no.

2. Why or Why Not?
On the days the answer is "yes", I agree with what KainZero mentioned, it just feels like an updated ST. Though I'm not looking for another 3S type roster, it would be nice if it reminded me a new game instead of maybe an updated one. On the days the answer is "no" are the days I'm super hyped for the game.

Cammy and Adon

[quote name='kristianator']or some motherfuckin' HAGGAR

even though he wasn't in any alphas..

maybe capcom fighting all stars counts?[/quote]

Zangief has a custom outfit that is Haggar's clothing... so at least there's something.

Anyone want a Pelican adapter? I've got one to sell. I'm done with fighting games.

Or rather, what's it worth on Ebay used and in mint condition? :lol:

This baby's paying off at least part of my new stick.

[quote name='Chacrana']Anyone want a Pelican adapter? I've got one to sell. I'm done with fighting games.[/QUOTE]

scanners1_001.jpg

[quote name='Chacrana']Anyone want a Pelican adapter? I've got one to sell. I'm done with fighting games.

Or rather, what's it worth on Ebay used and in mint condition? :lol:

This baby's paying off at least part of my new stick.[/QUOTE]

how much?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
scanners1_001.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Try and piece your skull back together, Foley... I kinda switched that statement up :lol:, as my post now reflects.

[quote name='Chacrana']Try and piece your skull back together, Foley... I kinda switched that statement up :lol:, as my post now reflects.[/QUOTE]

haha nice;)

[quote name='refusedchaos']how much?[/QUOTE]

fuck, I dunno... 50 shipped? I know I'm ratcheting that price up, but I need dat cashola.

[quote name='Chacrana']fuck, I dunno... 50 shipped? I know I'm ratcheting that price up, but I need dat cashola.[/QUOTE]

fuck they go for that much?!?!?! might as well go buy a stick. ebay it and get the most!!:D

[quote name='Chacrana']Try and piece your skull back together, Foley... I kinda switched that statement up :lol:, as my post now reflects.[/QUOTE]

YOU GOT BLOOD ON MY SUIT :cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']YOU GOT BLOOD ON MY SUIT :cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey man, don't act like any of your clothes were bought outside of a Wal-Mart.

man, chac you made my eyes bleed jelly :(

I have a pelican also, but I'm keeping it since I plan on getting a stick... unless it's wiser to sell and then get a PS3 stick... I dunno.

I'm hanging onto my Tekken stick for when I'm playing on the PS2, but yeah, I decided that ima get a HRAP3, swap out the buttons, and get it modded to work on both the 360 and the PS3. I wanted to get a new stick for the PS3 as it is, but now that I've got Soul Calibur IV on the 360... it's the perfect excuse to go all out and get that custom stick I've always wanted.

No offense Chac, but why would you get a custom 360 stick when all of us here know you have a TON (as most of us do) of PS2 games (imported and domestic). Having it work for PS3 makes all your import fighting games sad :(

Also maybe MarkMan can shed some light on it, but is it even possible at this point to have a PS3/360 stick?

There won't be a retail PS3/360 stick, but you can get a PS3 stick dual modded for use with both PS3/360. Akuma001 in the arcade stick thread does that mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back