U Broke My Sista's Face! FIGHTING THREAD XLV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markman, I played Street Fighter: The Movie (arcade version) yesterday, and I still think you're a little insane if you still insist it's good :lol:. I realized after about a minute that the game wasn't about strategy/moves/skills, so I just chose Balrog and fierce punched my way through the entire game with relative ease.

I thought about how cool that'd be, but then I realized that Namco's fighters weren't really classics... except for maybe Tekken 2, Tekken 3 (now obsolete, IMO), and... eh, Soul Blade was okay.

[quote name='Chacrana']I thought about how cool that'd be, but then I realized that Namco's fighters weren't really classics... except for maybe Tekken 2, Tekken 3 (now obsolete, IMO), and... eh, Soul Blade was okay.[/quote]

I'm guessing we will see all the tekkens pre-Tekken 4 (Tag probably as the arcade version... which I've been wanting for a while), also soul edge and since they now have the tech, a port of Soul Calibur (DC version).

I forget else what they have... >_

[quote name='hankmecrankme']According to Play-Asia, "Namco Classic Fighter Collection contains Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur II. " So I'm not hyped because I have those already. ;)[/quote]

ok nvm then... seems like it's like the Devil May Cry box set type of thing... oh well. :(

I've been out of the fighting gig for a while but Street Fighter IV looks amazing. This is gonna drag me back in the genre.

MM - Hows the arcade in Disneyland? You'd think they'd all be awsome but the one in Disneyworld (Tomarrowland, next to Space Mountain) sucks pretty hard. I guess you can't blame them.

It sucks. It's not like I used to remember ;(

Zero fighting games... (I don't mind that actually)... but man, out of all the games there they had the usual suspects (DDR, In the Groove) and a bunch of racing games.

Sad sad.

SFIV looks amazing yes. I hope to get the console build soon. ^_^

[quote name='MarkMan']It sucks. It's not like I used to remember ;(

Zero fighting games... (I don't mind that actually)... but man, out of all the games there they had the usual suspects (DDR, In the Groove) and a bunch of racing games.

Sad sad.

SFIV looks amazing yes. I hope to get the console build soon. ^_^[/QUOTE]

I remember they had 3rd Strike like 12-14 years ago. Dang, it's been a long time.

[quote name='Rodimus']I think 3s came out in 99'. But still it's hard to believe that game is almost 10 years old. I feel so old. :oldman:[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was New Generation then.

[quote name='Rodimus']I think 3s came out in 99'. But still it's hard to believe that game is almost 10 years old. I feel so old. :oldman:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel old too. I'm more into 3S now then when I got it for Dreamcast. Thank GGPO for that, since I now have people to play.

I played a lot of 3s on XBL a few years ago. The online scene was fierce but I was pretty badass with Necro for a while. He's just a fun character to use.

I was curious so I found out New Generation came out in 97' back when arcades were still awsome. Same year as Goldeneye & FFVII.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']We need to play some CvS2 games in general again, but damn scheduling conflicts.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I miss the days where I actually had the time/energy to play video games.

...and those SFIV intros are tight.

[quote name='asianxcore']...and those SFIV intros are tight.[/quote]

I'm getting so hyped for SFIV. The game looks incredible. Abel & Rufus both look like intresting characters. I can see Abel being a "mind-games" type of character & Rufus looks wicked fast for a fat guy.

oh shit!

this is an MMO >_<

http://kunio.hangame.co.jp/index.nhn

c20080825_kunio_05_cs1w1_407x640.jpg

c20080825_kunio_08_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080825_kunio_09_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

c20080825_kunio_06_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

Dear Bay Area foos,

San Jose State now has 2 SFIV H2H LCD cabs. .75 cents per play.

Apparently SFSU will be getting SFIV in the near future. I know you'll love that news Mr. Beef.

[quote name='MarkMan']
2797229430_9556b5263b.jpg

SJSU Happs + Comp buttons. Looking good.

Also SF IV will be at ufo when they open (Austin)...

Arcade UFO
3101 Speedway
Austin, TX 78705
4 cabinets (up to 4 players) with 32" HD monitors
Japanese Sanwa controls

http://www.arcadeufo.com[/quote]

:whee::whee::whee:

We need to get some of those suckers in florida! I'd probably end up spending $100+ playing on it but it'd be damned worth it!

[quote name='distgfx']:whee::whee::whee:

We need to get some of those suckers in florida! I'd probably end up spending $100+ playing on it but it'd be damned worth it![/quote]

2nded.

[quote name='MarkMan']
2797229430_9556b5263b.jpg

Also SF IV will be at ufo when they open (Austin)...

Arcade UFO
3101 Speedway
Austin, TX 78705
4 cabinets (up to 4 players) with 32" HD monitors
Japanese Sanwa controls

http://www.arcadeufo.com[/quote]

Koo. Make yo sticks like dat Mark Mayng!

[quote name='MarkMan']
[/QUOTE]

Is that a pic from SJSU's bowling center? I haven't been there in a while.

Hopefully I can convince my girlfriend that Saturday would be a good day to check out SJSU's campus :)

I'm going to transfer there anyway so might as well haha

[quote name='kristianator']holy fuck, frankie we should hit that up[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I say we hit up Dan and the three of us go to SJSU for SFIV, then MGL for T6 :) It will give me an excuse to go check out the SJSU campus again.

Does your work schedule free you up on Weekends? Mine has lately but I'm not sure how long that will last.

Not to steal the thunder away from SFIV but Samurai Shodown 2 is out on the VC. Besides the crappy PS1 import this is the first console release I can think of. Unfortunately this seems too little too late as SamSho Anthology is due out later this year. I've waited almost 15 years, what's another few months.

The cost of a VC Neo Geo game is $9. But a collection of say 6 games will net you $15 - $20.

Hey guys, I'm trying to get back into fighting games again. And once more, I realize how slow my reflexes are. Well, I was wondering if any of you have any pointers for 2d fighters in general, besides the "practice, practice" routine. I'm still at that stage where I can't control my character on command (missed moves, IADs, etc.). I used to play SB Melee at a fairly high level, but it feels vastly different from any traditional 2d fighter. I just miss those "eureka" moments I had when understanding the inner workings of a game. I just can't seem to achieve such moments with the traditional 2D fighter genre.

SFIV looks nice. Albeit cartoony for my tastes. And freeze frames aren't exactly my thing.

Also, wow on that Kunio-kun MMO. That was the last thing I'd expect from them.

Just play with people... preferably people that can beat your ass and expose your weaknesses. And then learn from it!

That always helps.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']A good place to start is GGPO if you have no one local to play.[/quote]

I keep hearing about GGPO but have no clue what it is. Seems a lot of you use it ... I'm going to go do some research.

[quote name='Rodimus']Not to steal the thunder away from SFIV but Samurai Shodown 2 is out on the VC. Besides the crappy PS1 import this is the first console release I can think of. Unfortunately this seems too little too late as SamSho Anthology is due out later this year. I've waited almost 15 years, what's another few months.

The cost of a VC Neo Geo game is $9. But a collection of say 6 games will net you $15 - $20.[/quote]

Quite a shame that it couldn't come out on home consoles back in the day. I remember it being the readers #1 game for a year straight in Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine.

I just noticed it available on GGPO. Its been well over 10 years since i played it :cold:

I'm getting a copy of Project Justice (DC) off of Goozex! My Dreamcast fighter collection will be complete other than Power Stone, CvS1, and SF Alpha 3 which I just sold off for a premium.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So University Pinball in Philly just got Street Fighter IV...

and I'm 3+ hours away in Lock Haven for school!!! :(:([/quote]

I'm willing to drive 3+ hours for SFIV! Man, I don't wanna have to make a road trip to another state just for SFIV, but I'm contemplating it seeing as I'm a very bored man with a lot of time to kill.

[quote name='depascal22']I'm getting a copy of Project Justice (DC) off of Goozex! My Dreamcast fighter collection will be complete other than Power Stone, CvS1, and SF Alpha 3 which I just sold off for a premium.[/quote]

You'll love Power Stone, it brought me many hours of entertainment.

[quote name='distgfx']You'll love Power Stone, it brought me many hours of entertainment.[/quote]

I have it on the PSP and I used to play it all the time over my buddy's house so I agree 100%. I'm not that bummed about selling off CvS and Alpha 3 since I have Alpha Anthology and CvS2 on the PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back