Ubi Soft 24 Hour Steam Sales This week, One Day only

[quote name='clok1966']So whats next (as in today?) the day after AC? anybody, anybody, anybody?[/QUOTE]

Only Valve and Ubisoft know. We don't have crystal balls.

Assassin's Creed will be up for a few more hours today, and will immediately be replaced by some other Ubi game, also at 50% off.

update: yesterdays was Prince of Persia for $25, today is Brothers In Arms:Hells Highway for $14.99

does anyone know what system these game are for? Im assuming pc.

[quote name='jaredmhm']update: yesterdays was Prince of Persia for $25, today is Brothers In Arms:Hells Highway for $14.99

does anyone know what system these game are for? Im assuming pc.[/QUOTE]

Correct, Steam is exclusive to the PC.

[quote name='Proletariat Beowulf']To bad nearly all their stuff will infect you with StarForce. No game is so fun as to warrant destroying your box.[/quote]

Never had a problem with steam yet, been using since day one on 3 different boxes so far. Don't really know what you are going on about, but I do know the majority of steam users is with me.
Maybe its your box? I see you are talking about UBI soft using it, well I hate to tell they don't use it on Steam. Steam by its nature is its own copy protection, does not need StarForce or any other CD copy protection, as a matter of fact UBI Soft claims they stopped using StarForce on releases in 2006. Whens the last time you tried a UBI Soft Game on Steam?

Just for a little proof UBI ditches Starforce April 2006
3 full years ago I would say this is not a problem it's obvious you don't use steam all that much.
http://techdirt.com/articles/20060414/0317210.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Proletariat Beowulf']To bad nearly all their stuff will infect you with StarForce. No game is so fun as to warrant destroying your box.[/QUOTE]

StarForce? Are you stuck in a timewarp back in 2006? Hardly anyone uses StarForce anymore (no major publishers that I know of still use it). Ubi hasn't used it in years.

Maybe you're thinking of SecuROM?

[quote name='tightclaws']Maybe its your box? I see you are talking about UBI soft using it, well I hate to tell they don't use it on Steam. Steam by its nature is its own copy protection, does not need StarForce or any other CD copy protection[/QUOTE]

Actually, games sold on Steam can use additional third-party copy protection, in addition to the inherant copy protection in Steam itself. There are quite a few games on Steam that use SecuROM, with the machine install limits and all. Crysis, Age of Booty, etc, etc.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']StarForce? Are you stuck in a timewarp back in 2006? Hardly anyone uses StarForce anymore (no major publishers that I know of still use it). Ubi hasn't used it in years.

Maybe you're thinking of SecuROM?

Actually, games sold on Steam can use additional third-party copy protection, in addition to the inherant copy protection in Steam itself. There are quite a few games on Steam that use SecuROM, with the machine install limits and all. Crysis, Age of Booty, etc, etc.[/quote]

Yeah I knew that but StarForce? Hopefully we will se secure rom Go away I know Bio Shock Had it. But I played that on 360:)

bread's done
Back