Ubisoft backtracks on horrendous DRM

Because RUSE was already going to sell poorly to begin with. It's a ploy to recuperate some sales. They can get away with the DRM on titles like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell because they are established IPs with selling power by name alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kilm']omfg steamworks drm i can't sell/trade pc game wtf online activation angry rage[/QUOTE]
Steam isn't the issue; it's the ridiculously draconian Ubisoft DRM. Ubisoft DRM requires an internet connection at all times, even for single-player games. If your internet connection or their internet connection is interrupted for any reason the game stops dead, and you can't play it until that connection is reestablished. There is no offline mode.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Nobody's forcing you to participate.
/shrug[/QUOTE]

Nobody forced me to not participate.
/shrug
Hey, look at that. I also made a pointless statement! Everyone wins!

[quote name='kilm']Nobody forced me to not participate.
/shrug
Hey, look at that. I also made a pointless statement! Everyone wins![/QUOTE]
So either you enjoy things that are tiresome and pointless,
or you are unable to keep from participating in something you don't enjoy and require someone else to stop you.

[quote name='itachiitachi']So either you enjoy things that are tiresome and pointless,
or you are unable to keep from participating in something you don't enjoy and require someone else to stop you.[/QUOTE]

lolwut

make sense plz.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Because RUSE was already going to sell poorly to begin with. It's a ploy to recuperate some sales. They can get away with the DRM on titles like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell because they are established IPs with selling power by name alone.[/QUOTE]
I hope you're wrong and Ubi is realizing what a horrible choice this DRM is.

But you make a good argument as to why they're doing it with RUSE. It completely baffles me that the "powers that be" think this DRM is a good idea. :wall:

bread's done
Back