Ubisoft Takes Over the World (Prince of Persia)

duckymcfly99

CAGiversary!
First came Sands of Time, considered to be one of the greatest platformers of the past couple of years. Then came "Warrior Within", and enter, The Emo Prince. Ah, not as good as S of T, but good. Then the "Two Thrones" and then nothing. But, after the release of "Assassin's Creed" in 2007, they decided to keep the platforming up, and release an updated version with new characters, plot, and areas. Which brings us to now, "Prince of Persia".

Story: So the "Prince" (you never learn his name) is searching for his donkey, Farah (bonus points for the S of T reference) when he falls into a hole, and discovers a hot chick with permanent thong tan lines (?) and magical abilities. Pretty much, this is where the weird sexual tension occurs as they swap witty lines. Anyway, you later discover that the girl's father released this douche bag god that is hell bent on destroying the world. Interesting but, meh.

Rating: 7/10

Gameplay: What have we learned about Ubisoft? They love running and jumping and swinging their swords around! So what do they do best? The above my friends. But wait, they need to make this game so kids can play it. No...

1. Blood
2. Sex Scenes
3. Swearing (well bad words like fuck and shit)
4. Hard gameplay
5. Thongs (?)

So obviously they make it easy to fight, climb, and stuff. This is where it really confuses me. The Assassin's Creed free running engine is here, but where is the complexity that it had? It is to easy to do all this stuff. One button is all you need. It's either run or stand, no in-between. They make it so easy to free run in this game, it's like the designer was jamming nails in his head then turned around and jammed on a keyboard. Too easy.

Rating: 6/10

Presentation:
You look at this game and it's like "Wow". The view from some places is amazing. You can get the impression that Ubisoft was really aiming to please in this department. The only thing that kinda bugs me about this, is the tan-lines of Elika, the girl. She has like a breast plate tan, and then a tan line of a G-string on her hips. I don't get it. It's like, "Oh shit, we can't release this with a girl with a G-string! Quick! Make it White and a tan line! Also, there is no music in some areas, which makes the hole mood of darkness more realistic. Like all the light from that area has disappeared and is never coming back until you "heal the land". Overall, they did well for a cell-shaded game.

Rating: 9/10

Free-running:
I've already complained about it, but it deserves the attention. To the core, it's solid. You run, jump, and climb nicely and smoothly. The only time it hiccups, is when swinging from the wal to a ring. Why do I need a separate BUTTON to swing from a fuckING RING! It makes no sense! But, it's all you expect from the P of P series, amazing platforming, solid core, just lacks complexity.

Rating: 8/10

Overall: 7/10

You know, people really liked S of T. I know I sure as hell did. I spent most of my middle school career doing that instead of homework. But this game, I beat it in the matter of hours. 9 to be exact.

The Good: Solid platforming, look, and a good experiment.

The Bad: Controls need work, story is iffy at best, and needs to make things harder

Thanks for listening, and as always, enjoy your day! *SUN SHINE AND BUTTERFLIES!*
\\:D/
===========+++++++++++++++==============++++++++++++===
Questions? Comments? Hatemail? Want the French word of the day? Well just pm/comment and I will be happy to help.

I would have to agree with you. It did suck quite a bit. Let's hope they fix it like they did Assassin's Creed. You open the game, put it in, then your brain melts at how much they make it better.

bread's done
Back