UbiWorkshop 15% off (Eastern US & Canada) until Friday

ZeroUnderOne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Source

"Hurricane Sandy is lame! Since so many of you on the Eastern sides of the US and Canada won't be able to get your copies of AC3 because of the storm, we're giving a 15% discount on any order from UbiWorkshop made before Friday, November 2.
Just enter the following under “REDEEM A GIFT CERTIFICATE OR COUPON” to receive your discount: 20121030SANDY
(Note: this offer is only available in the following United States: MS, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, TN, KY, LA, WV, VA, DE, MD, NY, NJ, PA, MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH and ME and in the following Canadian Provinces: New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edwards Island and Québec)"

http://www.ubiworkshop.com/

Notable ~> Assassin's Creed III UbiWorkshop edition for $85 shipped
http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-iii-collector-ubiworkshop-edition/

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yeah I saw the workshop edition. That may not be a bad pickup for $85.

What does it include? I see the game and the encyclopedia (2nd edition) and the novel...

Is this only sold in the their store? Is it any different from the encyclopedia edition on Amazon.com or is it the exact same thing?

Interesting, there is more gameplay for the ps3?

edit: I'm in Florida too, keeping an eye out on the storm for family in NJ when I saw Ubisoft chuck tweets into the emergency updates
edit: I can't tell if there are any differences between the Ubiworkshop edition and the encyclopedia edition on amazon :/

I'm going to write them to get my $15 back from ordering the Ubiworkshop edition a month ago. I'll be getting mine late because of the storm anyway, so I shouldn't be screwed out of $15.

I can't tell any differences from Ubiworkshop version and Amazon Encyclopedia set either. Maybe that unidentified 'Confidential' booklet but I dunno

[quote name='Arakias']I can't tell any differences from Ubiworkshop version and Amazon Encyclopedia set either. Maybe that unidentified 'Confidential' booklet but I dunno[/QUOTE]

they are both the same, except amazon offers $5 video credit and those dlc extras

[quote name='Arakias']I can't tell any differences from Ubiworkshop version and Amazon Encyclopedia set either. Maybe that unidentified 'Confidential' booklet but I dunno[/QUOTE]

A post on the Amazon discussion of the encyclopedia edition, not sure how true it is:

"FYI: When I saw this listed, I wondered if it was the exact same as the UbiWorkshop version myself. I contacted Ubi to see if I could get clarification and was told that the Assassin's Creed III Encyclopedia Edition has the encyclopedia and comic, but not the other fanciness that's in the UbiWorkshop edition. The lithograph prints were mentioned specifically as not included at Amazon and one could assume the Desmond file packaging may be exclusive to Ubi as well.

On the flipside, Amazon has their exclusive pre-order bonuses and those obviously don't apply when bought at UbiWorkshop. So basically both versions have the two most interesting parts of the bundle (encyclopedia and comic), while the differences are minor frills"

[quote name='henry00x']they are both the same, except amazon offers $5 video credit and those dlc extras[/QUOTE]

same packaging too? That's too bad; I was hoping it had something that made it exclusive to the ubiworkshop store.

Desmond-Miles-File_News.jpg

5 extremely rare prints in a confidential envelope and that brown box packaging you see in the picture is exclusive to the ubiworkshop. You only get the graphic novel and encyclopedia through amazon, based on what amazon only listed.

[quote name='htz']
Desmond-Miles-File_News.jpg

5 extremely rare prints in a confidential envelope and that brown box packaging you see in the picture is exclusive to the ubiworkshop. You only get the graphic novel and encyclopedia through amazon, based on what amazon only listed.[/QUOTE]

my bad hes right

i bit on this for $85 shipped not a bad deal at all, i was hoping to get the game for $40 on BF, so extra $45 for the extra goodies is worth it IMO

Can anyone tell me how to cancel an order? I already bought this a few months ago I want to rebuy it with the 15% off coupon..

they haven't sent my original order yet even though they were supposed to by now, it still says awaiting fulfillment but there is no way to cancel! I hate that.

I have the encyclopedia on order for $54, so for about $31 more I'm getting the game and some other crap. I'm in.

Anyone know how to cancel an order? I think I'll just email them but I can't find any info on canceling orders.

[quote name='litepink']Nice gesture to extend this offer to us in Minnesota...you know...with the hurricane and all...[/QUOTE]

LOL yep. Same here in Wisconsin. Maybe the hurricane will come up the St. Lawrence and through the great lakes.

*looks around for boards to cover windows, gets lazy, orders Ubiworkshop Edition instead*

So I emailed them to cancel my order for just the book... and they said it shipped. A few minutes later, I get a shipping email.:roll:

Oh well.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Can anyone tell me how to cancel an order? I already bought this a few months ago I want to rebuy it with the 15% off coupon..

they haven't sent my original order yet even though they were supposed to by now, it still says awaiting fulfillment but there is no way to cancel! I hate that.[/QUOTE]

I wrote them insisting they refund me since my order was delayed and I'm not getting it yet due to the hurricane. They told me no. I stated "can't I just refuse shipment and reorder at the lower price", to which they stated I can't do that either.

Why it the F did I reserve this a month ago, to NOT get it on street date, and to have new orders ship just like my preorder at a lower price?!

i emailed them last night about giving me a 15% off refund since i ordered it weeks ago and already shipped out. This is what they said:

We are very sorry to hear Sandy is also affecting you.
Unfortunately, coupon codes cannot be applied to previously ordered items.
I am very sorry for the inconveniences.

[quote name='Romeo']I wrote them insisting they refund me since my order was delayed and I'm not getting it yet due to the hurricane. They told me no. I stated "can't I just refuse shipment and reorder at the lower price", to which they stated I can't do that either.

Why it the F did I reserve this a month ago, to NOT get it on street date, and to have new orders ship just like my preorder at a lower price?![/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, I won't be getting the game until Friday or Saturday because of the hurricane and they will not apply the coupon to my order that was shipped yesterday (when I sent the email). this is the last time I deal with a store that doesn't have an cancellation option.

it also seems that they're shipping the wrong version of the game to a lot of people (check their twitter). very unprofessional!

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed Ubiworkshop customer service to see if I can get $15 back or $15 in store credit. I ordered my copy of the Ubi ed. the day it was announced and it won't get here until Thursday. So, I get it late and have to pay more. Lame. Should've cancelled and ordered from amazon.

yea id rather have the lithographs and special edition packaging, than the dlc which im sure will be made available on xbox later on

Yeah, I guess, in the end, I'm getting what I wanted which seems to be the rarest of the editions, the encyclopedia, the graphic novel and those rare litho's as a nice bonus. I'm getting what I ordered, which I was looking forward to. Just wish it would have arrived today. I can't let my CAG tendencies get the better of me and try not to get pissed about *not* getting the 15% off.

I bet the book never drops below 30 (if it ever drops at all) so considering the graphic novel and game bottom out at 10 a piece this is only really 35 bucks to have an incredible LE at a very reasonable price.

Also someone may have a more informed opinion but these enyclopedias seem to go up in value due to the limited nature of them since they always get revised and therefore go OOP.

[quote name='Romeo']bfett9 does the DLC come in box or is the packaging marked?[/QUOTE]

That is not me unboxing it some guy on YouTube. But from my experience with amazon (I ordered AC 2 and brotherhood from them) PreOrder DLC is generally emailed to you.

I ordered just the encyclopedia back in March and for some reason it still has not shipped out yet. I contacted ubiworkshop and they were able to refund my original order. Decided to upgrade to the ubiworkshop edition for $35 more after coupon, no tax, and free shipping. Thanks OP for the coupon code! :D

OP should be updated a bit. At least for me, when in the cart, I had to put the code in under coupon (since there wasn't a gift certificate or coupon one, but one for certificate and one for coupon)

Edit: And thanks!

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']did anyone order a ac3 ubisoft edition on the 30th? did yours ship yet? mine is still awaiting fulfillment...?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Given the discount and circumstances, we'll just have to be patient.

[quote name='Romeo']I wrote them insisting they refund me since my order was delayed and I'm not getting it yet due to the hurricane. They told me no. I stated "can't I just refuse shipment and reorder at the lower price", to which they stated I can't do that either.

Why it the F did I reserve this a month ago, to NOT get it on street date, and to have new orders ship just like my preorder at a lower price?![/QUOTE]

I also ordered over 1 month ago and they still hadn't shipped it by release date.

I emailed them to cancel. They responded and told me ok they will cancel, then I got another email saying my order was updated to canceled and my paypal account was refunded. I didn't even pay with paypal I used a credit card.

Then 2 days later I got a message that my order was updated to shipped? First it was canceled then it was shipped. I emailed asking when I will get my refund they told me soon. I waited a few days, didn't get a refund and emailed again and they haven't responded back for 3 days. Don't know what else to do at this point.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']did anyone order a ac3 ubisoft edition on the 30th? did yours ship yet? mine is still awaiting fulfillment...?[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Hopefully it ships soon.

They're selling 4 of the 5 lithos that come in the Workshop edition as a set (it's a preorder item), but their $40. http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-collector-posters/

The only thing about the Workshop edition that I wasn't happy with was the thin cardboard they used as the packaging for the books & game. The box arrived dented, but everything else was fine.

Edit: Sorry if the link doesn't click through, I can't get the BBCode to work on my phone.

im in the same boat as those who ordered when the 15% deal went live, still havent received shipment notification despite being fully charged on my card for the item already, not even a pending

edit: mine says "Awaiting Fulfillment " i sent them an email asking when i can expect this to ship, ill report back when i get a response

i saw a tweet from ubistore that only 7 people work there, and its rly slow.
still I wish they didnt charge me 85 dollars before it even shipped....

looking at the ubistore twitter, it seems they've done a horrible job with this. I'm considering canceling my order. too many reports of people getting the wrong version of the game, and my order still hasnt shipped.
really want that book tho

bread's done
Back