Udon Entertainment Boxing Day Sale (Dec 26) Brutal Legend, Darksiders, Marvel Vs Capcom, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter artbooks/prints

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw them post this on Facebook and figured some people would be interested on here. Good way to get some hard to find items if you are into artbook collecting. US shipping is flat $7 for orders upto $249.

The details for it can all be found on the store/blog

http://www.udonstore.com/

http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/udon/udon-store-boxing-day-specials/

733781_649204158451670_1171744428_n.jpg

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works: UDONstore.com Exclusive Dustjacket edition! An $80 value for only $45!
Purchase the 1st printing Softcover of Marvel Vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works, and get a FREE exclusive sprite dustjacket and FREE UDON pin-up book! An $80 value for $45!
Buy Darkstalkers Darkstalkers Tribute Ltd. Ed HC, get Darkstalkers Ultimate Edition Ltd. Ed. HC FREE! (Regular price $160, Now $80)
The Darkstalkers! The beings that bring fear to the night! Now, you have a special chance to get the complete hardcover collection of UDON’s DARKSTALKERS comics, and the amazing (and almost sold-out!) DARKSTALKERS TRIBUTE artbook for one fantastic price!

Buy Art of Darksiders 1 HC, get Art of Darksiders 2 HC FREE!
(regularly $160, now $80)
The amazing Art of Darksiders 1 & 2 are collected in these SOLD-OUT art books! This might be your last chance to get them, so don’t miss out!

The Art of Brutal Legend: Free Slipcase!
(Regular price $80, now $50)
From the awesome minds at DoubleFine comes THE ART OF BRUTAL LEGEND! The largest and most expansive video game artbook UDON has ever published! Now, when you purchase the regular edition of this phenomenal book, we’ll include the limited edition silver foil slipcase for FREE!

Street Fighter II Ultimate Edition HC: $20
The sale was so popular that we’re bringing it back for Boxing Day!

UDON Comic-Con International 2013 Exclusives Bundle
Bundle : $300, valued at over $420! (Regular price $339.94)
If you couldn’t make it to UDON’s 2013 convention appearances, then this is the book set for you! Get all of UDON’s convention exclusives for 2013 in one incredible set! Contains Exclusive Hardcover Editions of MM25: Mega Man & Mega Man X Official Complete Works and World of Warcraft Tribute! Contains a limited slipcase edition of The Art of Brutal Legends! Contains exclusive reversible dustjacket editions of Street Fighter Classic Volume 1, Street Fighter Origins: Akuma, and Street Fighter Volume 1: New Generations! No fan should miss out!
50% off all comic books!!
75% off all posters!!
75% off all prints less than $25!!
25% off all prints over $25!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for Black Friday stuff to ship. Looking at their twitter seems pretty common. I'm pretty sure they messed up their discounts which led to double coming off (since I was able to get like 4 books for 60 bucks).

After more searching turns out they are just keeping all the orders on indefinite hold lol

from someone's twitter: "It was an order issue. Just got a reply today telling me there was a pricing mistake and the order is on hold because of that :("

I like their stuff, but I do hate sometime when they lie about being the last of a limited edition. I bought was suppose to be the very last copy of a SDCC exclusive book. Then go on the page like 5 months later, and there it is.

I've not ordered from UDON before - maybe someone can clarify:

1) Is the B1G1 limited to the items/sales listed, i.e. you buy Darksiders Vol 1 and get Darksiders Vol 2 free, not a book of your choice? 

2) Are the free items added to your order automatically (the 'G1' and the bonus books for orders), as they don't seem mentioned in the cart?

3) I'm assuming the Darksiders HC didn't have the binding issues that the paperback had, correct?

Thanks!  :)

Enter these sales items at your own risk!

If said items aren't appearing in the cart, I would be very careful. CS at Udon is lackluster at best. I preorder a book during comicon, and I decided to cancel a week before shipping. I got a CS reply within 24 hrs, and thought I was good to go.......how wrong I was.

It took nearly a month to get my refund, and I was just getting ready to go through my credit card, when they finally made good. There is only one person working CS, at least that I ever saw, and she can be very astute, or completely ignore your request, YMMV.

Anyone find the Darksiders and Darkstalkers bundles on the site?  All I'm seeing are the individual books, but adding them to your cart individually registers at full price, without the B1G1.  

Some of the descriptions caution against shelf wear. Can anyone who has ordered from them comment on the condition of the items? I'd hate to spend $50+ on a lithograph only to have it arrived scuffed.

Edit: It looks like their discount application is a bit broken as well. I added two separate posters that are each less than $25. When they are in the cart separately, they are 75% Off, but when combined in a cart, the discount drops to the 25% Off. It is still cheaper to split things up, but thats an extra $7, I should really have to spend...

Do they charge your Credit card before the order ships? I placed an order last night for the Darkstalkers books and the SF one to get the free books, and ran into that glitch

Do they charge your Credit card before the order ships? I placed an order last night for the Darkstalkers books and the SF one to get the free books, and ran into that glitch
I used Paypal and was charged right away, but I was just trying to get the 75% Off, not the free books.

Anyways, Thanks to the OP. Grabbed the Chun-Li litho. Almost went for a second one, but the discount issue and question of what "shelf wear" means, led me to just go with one for now. I'll try to up a pic of the condition once it comes in, just in case there are future questions.

Yeah, hopefully everyone that orders has everything go through correctly.  I put in an order for the Brutal Legend w/ slipcase and the Darksiders HC bundle.   The Darksiders books are quite expensive in general, so I figured this would be a good way to get them both.

Yeah, hopefully everyone that orders has everything go through correctly. I put in an order for the Brutal Legend w/ slipcase and the Darksiders HC bundle. The Darksiders books are quite expensive in general, so I figured this would be a good way to get them both.
This is what I'm going for as well. You only ordered Darksiders 1, right? Adding both books wants to charge for both, so I'm assuming they'll just ship both books if you order the first.

This is what I'm going for as well. You only ordered Darksiders 1, right? Adding both books wants to charge for both, so I'm assuming they'll just ship both books if you order the first.
Yeah, I just ordered the first one, hardcover. It says in the description that you get the second hardcover for free, so I'd assume they'll just throw it in when the order goes out. Same with any other bonuses you should get. If they don't, I'm sure enough people will raise hell about it.

Yeah, I just ordered the first one, hardcover. It says in the description that you get the second hardcover for free, so I'd assume they'll just throw it in when the order goes out. Same with any other bonuses you should get. If they don't, I'm sure enough people will raise hell about it.
I didn't want to take any chances, so I actually put in an order for both. I emailed them right after explaining the situation. Worse case scenario I'll just take it up with PayPal or the BBB. I'll get my money back one way or another. Not my fault their system isn't working. I just wanted my artbooks =)

On Twitter, they mentioned that you just need to order the one book, and then they'll automatically package the free book with your order.

That's basically what I did, but unfortunately, my order got that glitch when I was trying to add the Sakura poster as filler to reach the $100 threshold for the free Makeshift book. Just sent them an email asking them if they could fix it for me. 

My poster arrived from this sale. It had one or two creases, but no scuffing or damage to the image. Once its framed, it should look fine. Thanks again to the OP. Total came out to only $13 and change, but the quality on these prints is crazy good, so totally worth it.

bread's done
Back