UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

[quote name='Calipso']Drama has been bbbbbbeleted. Thanks moderator(s).

By the way, n8rockerasu......I'm a pretty lousy human being and I piss you off.....yet for now.....I'm still in the league.

u-mad-troll-face-c20ad4d76fe97759aa27a0c99bff6710-5.gif
[/QUOTE]

That's mainly because you love the sweaty mostly naked man hugs, and don't call us broskie. Makes it less awkward. It's not gay if you don't make eye contact.

[quote name='Calipso']Drama has been bbbbbbeleted. Thanks moderator(s).

By the way, n8rockerasu......I'm a pretty lousy human being and I piss you off.....yet for now.....I'm still in the league.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you're aware of this puts you ahead of the game ;)

Seriously though, until you constantly abuse rubber guard, the omoplata escape, and attempt 5 submissions in one round, whether or not we're BFF's has no bearing on your participation in the league.

Hey xHoochiex you still haven't accepted my friend request. I'd love to get this fight out of the way tonight if possible. I definitely won't have a lot of time to do it after tomorrow.

Hey Shotgun,

If I read the results from your right, it looks like we'll be up next round. If it's okay with you, and the rest, I wouldn't mind doing it early. I'm loving PRIDE and wanting to fight like, every night now. Ha!

You down anytime soon? Per usual, after 7 PM EST is the way to go for me during the week.

P.S. YOU SCURRED HOMMIE?! DON'T BE SCURRED, I'M DA REAL WW CHAMP! UNDEFEATED!

. . . ahahahaha, couldn't resist. :D What a tosser.

Well I messaged xhoochiex on Xbox and on here with no response. I'm trying to be accessible but I'm not gonna give up all my evenings to have this match. Thursday for sure is completely out for me.

[quote name='kburns10']Well I messaged xhoochiex on Xbox and on here with no response. I'm trying to be accessible but I'm not gonna give up all my evenings to have this match. Thursday for sure is completely out for me.[/QUOTE]
Srry been super busy with work
I messaged you on here

[quote name='xhoochiex']Srry been super busy with work
I messaged you on here[/QUOTE]

Messaged you back. If you have time tomorrow to fight that would be cool. Otherwise let me know about Friday and we can get the fight in a day late.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The fact that you're aware of this puts you ahead of the game ;)

Seriously though, until you constantly abuse rubber guard, the omoplata escape, and attempt 5 submissions in one round, whether or not we're BFF's has no bearing on your participation in the league.[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with rubber guard? I hardly use, only as a stall tactic with no moves attached. Same with butterfly guard. Not much a fan of ground bottom except for escaping, elbow strikes from bottom and a few subs. Some glitches?

I didn't even realize here was an omoplata escape. Time to look at my CAW to figure it out.

I average a submission a round. Maybe two if I'm lucky.

We'll be friends eventually. I'll be kind enough for a reach around when I'm done with you. ;)

[quote name='Calipso']Whats wrong with rubber guard? I hardly use, only as a stall tactic with no moves attached. Same with butterfly guard. Not much a fan of ground bottom except for escaping, elbow strikes from bottom and a few subs. Some glitches?

I didn't even realize here was an omoplata escape. Time to look at my CAW to figure it out.

I average a submission a round. Maybe two if I'm lucky.

We'll be friends eventually. I'll be kind enough for a reach around when I'm done with you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, my issue with these moves is the same issue I have with submissions attempts in general: they're too easily engaged. Even butterfly guard...the fact that you can flick a stick and drag a professional fighter from side control to butterfly guard with your big toe is absurd.

I know Eddie Bravo has a move sort of like that, but it involves hooking the inside leg first, and then shifting over. It's a little different getting locked into an animation where you're lifted up and dropped into somebody's crotch. But really, the move itself isn't dangerous. It's the sub attempts that come after it.

And when it reaches the point that any time your back touches the mat, you instantly go to rubber/butterfly guard, omoplata escape (which allowed people to attempt the sub from bottom, cancel, and end up on top), kimura attempt, etc. you're just not playing for fun or with any hint of what actually takes place in MMA. You're "playing a game".

Because of that, it creates a situation where the guy on top is having to be more defensive because of the random shit that you can just slap on without any warning...which is incredibly unrealistic. To me, offensive moves from bottom should be even a step above "major transitions". The window to block them should be incredibly big unless the top fighter is gassed. The current bottom game is just too simple.

Justin Kane | Pablo Garcia | TKO | Rd 1 at 7:19

This was a back and forth war.. I got rocked then rocked him..he rocked me then I rocked him. But then I got rocked a third and final time and that was it...damn you Pride rules with the knees to the head on the ground!! LOL...as always, great match Fearia.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Justin Kane | Pablo Garcia | TKO | Rd 1 at 7:19

This was a back and forth war.. I got rocked then rocked him..he rocked me then I rocked him. But then I got rocked a third and final time and that was it...damn you Pride rules with the knees to the head on the ground!! LOL...as always, great match Fearia.[/QUOTE]

Confirming! Man, that was an epic battle. I feel like Shotgun and I have a long standing rivalry. I've got to give him major credit. He wins 66% of the time, but it's always a back and forth war. Case in point, after my first fight against him we had a truly epic war again. This time, he won with a flying knee. Third time, he won no contest.

First match though was truly a brawl. I managed to get the right positions on the ground to put my knees in play, and standing it was a trading war. At one point though, he almost had me with facestomps. I was a bit terrified. But in the end, a rocking and heavy knees later I came out on top. Really could've gone either way.

Did I mention I fucking love Pride?

I have Fearia winning the whole thing.

He went through me, Domingo and Shotgunshine. I see him taking it all.

I was on most of this week for hours at a time trying to get the fight done. I'll get on at noon tomorrow xhoochiex if that works for you?

[quote name='kburns10']I was on most of this week for hours at a time trying to get the fight done. I'll get on at noon tomorrow xhoochiex if that works for you?[/QUOTE]

yeah man I'm so srry I got my son today so I was out and about and totally forgot
but noon tomorrow it is

srry again

[quote name='xhoochiex']yeah man I'm so srry I got my son today so I was out and about and totally forgot
but noon tomorrow it is

srry again[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it, just don't wanna hold things up again. I'm on PST but if you can fight now, that would be great. If not, 12 PST tomorrow I'll hop on.

yeah I understand
and I'm in cali so we're on the same time but I'm currently trying to get my son to sleep so I'll have to tomorrow ha

Just saying, make it happen! The top brackets have already finished the next round! And I am ready to take on whoever it is next! PRIDE!

[quote name='Fearia']Just saying, make it happen! The top brackets have already finished the next round! And I am ready to take on whoever it is next! PRIDE![/QUOTE]

Haha we'll get it done so you can get back to PRIDE! :bouncy:

xhoochiex I'm actually awake now, so I'm gonna turn my Xbox on and leave it own. Besides going somewhere for lunch later I'll be online until about 6 then I'm going out tonight with friends. Hopefully between now and 6 we can get the fight in. I'll let you know when I leave to get food later.

EDIT: I'm gonna get food now so that I'm back by noon for our fight

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back and online xhoochiex

EDIT: Still no sign of xhoochiex. I'm trying to get this fight done everyone! I honestly don't derive pleasure from holding things up.

All right...well, that's a very anti-climactic resolution. I guess that means instead of waiting on Diego Sanchez vs Tj Taylor, we're now waiting on Rob Lopez vs Tj Taylor. Only 2 fights left in the entire tournament, so lets try to get this wrapped up as soon as possible, guys.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right...well, that's a very anti-climactic resolution. I guess that means instead of waiting on Diego Sanchez vs Tj Taylor, we're now waiting on Rob Lopez vs Tj Taylor. Only 2 fights left in the entire tournament, so lets try to get this wrapped up as soon as possible, guys.[/QUOTE]

haha srry for some reason this week has been don't let Erik have time for xbox week
and now that I have my son it's even harder lol

[quote name='xhoochiex']haha srry for some reason this week has been don't let Erik have time for xbox week
and now that I have my son it's even harder lol[/QUOTE]

Whenever you get some free time we should spar just to say we got our match in :D

[quote name='kburns10']Whenever you get some free time we should spar just to say we got our match in :D[/QUOTE]

I'm so down ha!

im at work til 11 pst

im free tommorow til noon pst, then i work til 10pst

lol, me and hoochie play allthe time, im glad he lost, so i have a chance now to win the tournament (he always kicks my ass, ohwell, hes my best friend)

sorry man had work til 11 pst, im free tommorow til noon, let me know when!

then i work 1-10pm pst, and i have monday and tuesday off

Rylinn210

add me

What's your time zone? I just woke up and it's 10:30 AM. I'll hop on and see if you're online.

EDIT: Nevermind just re-read your post. Just sent you a friend request. Hopefully I can catch you before you work.

[quote name='kburns10']What's your time zone? I just woke up and it's 10:30 AM. I'll hop on and see if you're online.

EDIT: Nevermind just re-read your post. Just sent you a friend request. Hopefully I can catch you before you work.[/QUOTE]

yeah sorry, long day, ill be on around 4pm today

Okay. I get off work at 5 PST so I'll be on Mon-Thur around 6 PST. Friday I'm going to the movies after work, so hopefully we can get our match in sometime before then.

You ladies need to hurry up and fight.

Some of us losers from the 1st round are aching to get back into a weekly event.

[quote name='Calipso']You ladies need to hurry up and fight.

Some of us losers from the 1st round are aching to get back into a weekly event.[/QUOTE]

Lol can't do anything about work during the day. Hoping Rylin responds tonight but my friend request is still unanswered last I checked.

[quote name='kburns10']Lol can't do anything about work during the day. Hoping Rylin responds tonight but my friend request is still unanswered last I checked.[/QUOTE]

I'll spar with you in the meantime if you're on later tonight. I need to fight some CAGFC guys to stay fresh.

[quote name='Calipso']I'll spar with you in the meantime if you're on later tonight. I need to fight some CAGFC guys to stay fresh.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. I'm online Rylin but I'm gonna go back and forth between PS3 and Xbox. Just send me a message here or Xbox if you can fight.

EDIT: Just noticed Rylin hasn't signed onto Xbox in two days. Not sure when this fight will happen lol

I think it's safe to leave this evening and run an errand. If you come online Rylin, message me here and I'll get it on my phone. Otherwise, I will try again tomorrow. :???:

[quote name='shotgunshine']Its time to just give kburns the forfeit win.[/QUOTE]

Was really hoping to avoid that. Kind of pisses me off to lose to a guy who ends up forfeiting the next round.

Is there an option not to play CAF in online ranked games? I was having fun in player matches, then I tried a ranked game and ran into the hulk. Not fun.

bread's done
Back