Ugh my PS3 just YLOD'd on me, I need a deal on a new PS3

Chris in Cali

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (88%)
I had the launch 60gb backwards compatible system with the memory card reader and everything and it died on me... I don't think I've ever been more bummed out. I need a good deal on a new one, preferably not a black friday deal because I don't like the hectic in store craziness. Are there any current good online or i store deals?

When you get your new ps3 just login to your PSN acc and it should let you download any of your old downloads. It worked for me

[quote name='killfish']When you get your new ps3 just login to your PSN acc and it should let you download any of your old downloads. It worked for me[/QUOTE]

Pheww, okay, good. Sometimes with all this digital download stuff, I know it can be a nightmare.

Honestly, you should contact Sony if your system is YLOD. Not for an exchange or repair, but to get your system deactivated from your account. The account you own can be tied to 5 systems. So now, if you haven't shared your account on any other systems, you have 4 remaining activations left. Not a huge deal but if it were me I would have Sony deactivate it giving me the full 5 activations for the new PS3.

If that wasn't clear, you can now only download your past PSN purchases on 4 other PS3 systems instead of 5.

I'm sure Amazon will have a PS3 bundle for sale on Black Friday. The Best Buy and Walmart bundles are great, but they may or may not be online during Black Friday.

I would recommend waiting until BF before you buy anything. If BB/Walmart/Amazon all have deals online, pick the best one and buy it. If not, I'm sure another deal will come up soon.

[quote name='madcyantist']Honestly, you should contact Sony if your system is YLOD. Not for an exchange or repair, but to get your system deactivated from your account. The account you own can be tied to 5 systems. So now, if you haven't shared your account on any other systems, you have 4 remaining activations left. Not a huge deal but if it were me I would have Sony deactivate it giving me the full 5 activations for the new PS3.

If that wasn't clear, you can now only download your past PSN purchases on 4 other PS3 systems instead of 5.[/QUOTE]

Games can be shared on 5 PS3s but video can only be active on 1 so he definitely needs to call and have the other deactivated.

I guess I am looking at glass half full but your PS3 could not have died at a better time. With Black Friday coming you can get a good deal at many places. They are all $299.99 but you get various bundles with games.....Ratchet & Clank: ACiT and LBP:GOTY, Ratchet & Clank: ACiT and GoW:Collection, and whatever Amazon comes up with.

I would trade-in the broken one for some credit at Gamestop and get the bundle they are offering for Black Friday with the 120gb system LPB:GOTY and the GoW:Collection. I know you wanted to avoid the Black Friday rush but at least at gamstop you can still get something out of your broken system.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I had the launch 60gb backwards compatible system with the memory card reader and everything and it died on me... I don't think I've ever been more bummed out. I need a good deal on a new one, preferably not a black friday deal because I don't like the hectic in store craziness. Are there any current good online or i store deals?[/QUOTE]

Why not just pay Sony the $150 fee and have your system fixed rather than pay the full price for a new system or even trading in your old one at Gamestop and then still having to pay them more for a different one?

It'd be alot easier and more cost effective, in that you get to keep your 60gb system(in many cases they do return your old one to you once it's repaired), which is worth more used than the new slim models.

bread's done
Back