UK PS Vita Pricing

Mayday

CAGiversary!
Once again, we get screwed. Once a fucking again.

£230 ($360) for the wifi model, and £280 ($441) for the 3G.

What a ripp off. I was interested in the Vita but now it can just go fuck it's self. I'll stick with my £180 iPod touch.

I didn't think that was that bad.

Sure it's much worse than the states, it's a shame i'm heading over there before the release and not afterwards.

It does seem a bit mental to be charging that much for a handheld console, but remember what happened with the 3DS? Dropped in a couple of months. Things might not be as bad as what they seem!

That said, at that price, I would not go near it.

I doubt it'll drop as much as the 3DS though. £230 was outrageous when you think about the tech. I think in general the Vita is worth more. Certainly not £230 though. Probably £180, which was the PSP's launch price.

well, it's pretty expensive even compared to EURO prices uh?
249 EUR for the vanilla version, 299 EUR for the 3G pimped one

being a completely region UN-locked system i expect a fast reallign of prices amongst the 2 sides of the atlantic, though

c'mon, the USD price is way too cheaper
anyone for a NY trip?

Are any companies shipping these over the pond though?

I would only pay the UK price if it was a bundle with at least 2 games. Not a barebones console

[quote name='iRobotZombie']Are any companies shipping these over the pond though?

I would only pay the UK price if it was a bundle with at least 2 games. Not a barebones console[/QUOTE]

I think there's a service where you buy it and use an american address and they'll ship it to you. My brother used it to get the iPad when it came out in the US, the name escapes me though.

[quote name='Mayday']I think there's a service where you buy it and use an american address and they'll ship it to you. My brother used it to get the iPad when it came out in the US, the name escapes me though.[/QUOTE]

myus.com - used them all the time when the exchange rate was worse. (Or better, depending on which way you look at it.)

Shipping is expensive, though.

bread's done
Back