Ultimate Bourne Collection Blu-Ray $29+ Shipping Amazon UK Region Free

Came to USD 32.14 shipped for me. Couldn't turn it down at $10~ each. Thanks a lot!

Just a heads up, looks like they have the matrix trilogy for a little less as well.

32.14 for me too. sweet. its actually less than 29$, since they remove VAT making it cheaper (but then add shipping of about $5)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the prime trial on, I doubt that's affecting it but idk. I was surprised too, I expected the shipping to kill it. But yeah only $3 and I live in the midwest US.

Aw... Man, I was going to pick this up as a Christmas gift for my dad, but it's saying it won't get here until after Christmas.

Oh, well. :/

Be forewarned - this was a deal breaker for me

On the downside, this UK release features generic player-generated location type and subtitles for the non-English dialogue, unlike the burned-in text and correct typefaces used for the US version. A similar problem affects The Bourne Ultimatum.
-dvdtimes.co.uk Blu-ray review

[quote name='csabatini']I have the prime trial on, I doubt that's affecting it but idk. I was surprised too, I expected the shipping to kill it. But yeah only $3 and I live in the midwest US.[/QUOTE]Prime only works for items shipped from Amazon.com, not Amazon.co.uk.

Just got it, but am wondering about it not having "burned-in" subtitles. Can someone explain what this is, and how significant of an issue it is?

[quote name='rhofman']Just got it, but am wondering about it not having "burned-in" subtitles. Can someone explain what this is, and how significant of an issue it is?[/QUOTE]

totally insignificant. that guy is just a fear monger.

basically, my understanding is that instead of having the default "to english" translation for all the non-english dialog in the movies, the subtitles show up in the default language of your player. in other words if you have a US based player, it wont matter.

by the way, amazon's estimates for shipping are usually bogus, i have had stuff ship in 2 days that normally said it would be shipping in over a month.

[quote name='postulio']by the way, amazon's estimates for shipping are usually bogus, i have had stuff ship in 2 days that normally said it would be shipping in over a month.[/QUOTE]
From Amazon UK, even?

Because, if anyone has any experience with getting stuff early from Amazon UK, then I'll hop on this deal in a heart beat.

Actually... I may go ahead and order it, and give it to him as a late gift. Hm...

[quote name='postulio']totally insignificant. that guy is just a fear monger.

basically, my understanding is that instead of having the default "to english" translation for all the non-english dialog in the movies, the subtitles show up in the default language of your player. in other words if you have a US based player, it wont matter.

Oh, I get it, so it is an issue probably because instead of using the font/style that the filmakers chose, it uses the font/style that your player uses (like closed captioning).

does anyone know if there's any difference between the UK and the US trilogy packs? (other than the above mentioned close-caption issue?) thx.

[quote name='basis']does anyone know if there's any difference between the UK and the US trilogy packs? (other than the above mentioned close-caption issue?) thx.[/QUOTE]
From what I found out while researching, the UK release has more languages/subtitle tracks, so there may be a slight (and probably negligible) video bit-rate drop.

That, and the extras on the UK release aren't in HD... Which honestly, isn't that big of a deal. To me, anyway.

[quote name='Hao']From what I found out while researching, the UK release has more languages/subtitle tracks, so there may be a slight (and probably negligible) video bit-rate drop.

That, and the extras on the UK release aren't in HD... Which honestly, isn't that big of a deal. To me, anyway.[/QUOTE]

thx for sharing Hao.... so are the extras on the US release in HD? (i'm assuming no as well)

i think i could live with the slight video bit-rate drop.

Good deal regardless of the subtitle 'issue'.

Was looking at the Matrix Trilogy also, which is cheaper. Had a couple of questions if anyone could answer please.

It's listed as having Portuguese subtitles but was wondering if it still had English as well. I'm sure it does.

Also, does it not include The Animatrix? I don't see it listed.

[quote name='mrhappi79']Good deal regardless of the subtitle 'issue'.

Was looking at the Matrix Trilogy also, which is cheaper. Had a couple of questions if anyone could answer please.

It's listed as having Portuguese subtitles but was wondering if it still had English as well. I'm sure it does.

Also, does it not include The Animatrix? I don't see it listed.[/QUOTE]

It does not include the Animatrix, this is NOT the ultimate version.

[quote name='postulio']totally insignificant. that guy is just a fear monger.

[/QUOTE]
That was almost the exact opposite of the appropriate way to use "fear monger". ROFL

And it will matter if you have a US player, since the original font carefully selected by the filmmakers isn't available on the first two discs at all. It might not matter for some, but it is altering the film without any artistic merit( or in spite of).

The Matrix discs are the exact same as the US version(sans animatrix and the two bonus dvds), Revolutions even has the same video error.

[quote name='Hao']From Amazon UK, even?

Because, if anyone has any experience with getting stuff early from Amazon UK, then I'll hop on this deal in a heart beat.

Actually... I may go ahead and order it, and give it to him as a late gift. Hm...[/QUOTE]

I ordered a movie from Amazon UK once before and it came within a week.

Thanks TC. For a moment I was angry with you because after I ordered, someone had told me it wasn't RF and I believed him. However, I researched it and found out you're right.

Thanks a bunch!

mine shipped today.
i actually dont have much experience ordering from amazon.uk (this is my 3rd order, first was Planet Earth, second was the Batmon anthology br set). but if the uk division is anything like the us one, the shipping estimates are just that - estimates, and almost always are way on the conservative side (its easier to ship early than to be yelled at for being late). ive had some BF amazon US deals ship in 2 days instead of the estimated 2 weeks.

by the way, the us extras are not in hd (either that or the uk are in hd), since new reports from bluray.com forums have been that it was a typo and that the releases are identical.

also, the bitrate hit is actually just speculation, no one has confirmed that, and from reading the review on bluray.com, it was also a wild rumor. the transfer is the same and at optimal quality. the only noticeable difference will be the box, the extra languages and those several lines in subtitles that will be in a different font (oh noez!) in 2 movies.

[quote name='shadowrage']That was almost the exact opposite of the appropriate way to use "fear monger". ROFL
blah blah blah i whine a lot[/QUOTE]

um, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_mongering

the post in question was scaring potential buyers away and inciting turmoil regarding a largely irrelevant issue by blowing it way out of proportion. i guess i couldve called it biased idealistic propaganda, but lets not split hairs ;)

[quote name='jgiovanni']Does the batman Anthology play in US Blue ray players, how is it compared to the US Version[/QUOTE]

it is also a region free release

i played 3 of the movies on my ps3 on a 1080p tv without any problems at all (cant bring myself to watch batman and robin again, yet). i also watched some special features on the other 3 movies which were in SD. everything worked great.

it seems to be the same release, again with extra languages. the transfer is beautiful. the box is a bit different and the UK age warnings are abound which are kinda ugly, but in the end of the day irrelevant. i seem to recall that the cases seemed a little thicker than the us ones, but i have only held the US release once in a store and my memory is hazy.

if you are in the market for the set, i would say go for the uk edition. shipping will increase only slightly (if at all) if you get it w/ the bourne set. if you placed your order already and it hasnt shipped you can always cancel and reorder them together. remember that the price on amazon,uk will drop since we dont have to pay VAT (by about 25% i think) and then they will add shipping (seems to be about $5 USD).

Thanks OP! I've been waiting for the US collection to drop in-price for forever, but it's barely gone down more then $10. Jumped on this deal, still saves me over $30 against the current price of the US collection. Although I prefer the US case, I could care-less as long as I get the movies for $10 a pop.

When I checked out it asked me to enable the Amazon exchange app or something like that, and it showed you the prices in USD.

You can't. Convert them manually over at XE, but you're credit card company will probably charge you tad bit higher.

[quote name='vx2']You can't. Convert them manually over at XE, but you're credit card company will probably charge you tad bit higher.[/QUOTE]

You can. As csabatini pointed out, it asked me if I wanted to convert it to my local currency. If you login with your Amazon account, so-long as it's a US account, you'll probably receive this option as well at checkout.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Don't know if this will factor in on whether anyone is waiting to purchase this collection or not, but Universal is releasing the Bourne movies separately on new Blu-ray "flipper" discs that have the Blu-ray on one side and the DVD version on the other. Basically it's like the combo HD-DVD/DVD discs but for Blu-rays. http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/01/universal-to-introduce-new-dvdblu-ray-flipper-disc/[/QUOTE]

Never understood this...Like is it for people that have a DVD player, and then get a Blu-Ray later? Aren't the DVD's like dirt cheap anyways...
Anyhoo, probably a market for someone.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']You can. As csabatini pointed out, it asked me if I wanted to convert it to my local currency. If you login with your Amazon account, so-long as it's a US account, you'll probably receive this option as well at checkout.[/QUOTE]

Works on only Visa and Mastercard. I tried like 5 times with my AMEX until I read the FAQ that said how it works...found out its only on Visa and MC. I reordered on my Visa card.

[quote name='Pray4Prey']does the fact that they are PAL factor into the equation? will these play on a US playstation3 ? thanks.[/QUOTE]
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the difference between PAL and NTSC a resolution thing? NTSC being 525 lines of resolution, and PAL being... Whatever PAL is (625, maybe?)?

I mean, I think 1080 lines of resolution is universal across all regions, so NTSC/PAL is irrelevant with HD stuff. Or something. I won't claim to be increadibly informed on the subject.

And these discs are allegedly region free (I'm banking on as much), so they should easily play in your PS3.

Hmmm....could someone verify this? I only ask because my friend who's indian mentioned that when he went back to India and came back with PAL DVDs they could not be played on his NTSC player. Again this was standard DVDs I believe and not Blu-Ray....so if someone could please confirm then I'll be ordering this collection in a heartbeat. Thanks again.

I'm no expert, but I've been checking around and am seeing lots of info that says PAL vs NTSC still matter. Many blurays still use standard def for menus and extras.

I don't know if 23.9 vs 25 fps or the 60Hz vs 50Hz would make a difference.

Also, I'm seeing lots of posts that say a ps3 can't play anything PAL.

As much as I'd like to jump on this, it seems like there's too great a chance that things won't work right.

Placed the order, thanks OP! Hoping for no issues when I play this excellent trilogy on my US Playstation 3.

[quote name='chewbaccagu']I'm no expert, but I've been checking around and am seeing lots of info that says PAL vs NTSC still matter. Many blurays still use standard def for menus and extras.

I don't know if 23.9 vs 25 fps or the 60Hz vs 50Hz would make a difference.
[/QUOTE]
You misunderstood, I said for HD content PAL/NTSC doesn't matter.
The standard def extras on the UK disc should be 480p(NTSC), universal hasn't put PAL extras on any Blu-ray to my knowledge in any region.

bread's done
Back