Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 $29.99 (PS3) @ Amazon / $29.99 (360/PS3) @ Gamestop

barrit

CAGiversary!
Title says it all. This game is taking forever to drop in price, but this is the cheapest I've seen it in a while. This may be something to use yesterday's coupon on.

PS3: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Marv...TF8&coliid=I1ZQTILCRG0ZZG&colid=2MBPZ1T44F8JL

Xbox360 version is still $39.99

Figured I'd throw in the Gamestop links as well since they have both versions for $29.99:

PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/92630

Xbox360: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/92629

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm tempted to bite even though i sorta have a hatred about capcom's business practices but no doubt their games are fun

Probably was a fake rumor but I heard another version would be revealed at E3.

At this point I'm just going to wait till E3 is over, and hopefully It's $20 by then.

[quote name='TheWildMoose']Wish price would drop for the Vita version.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was hoping for too.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Also $29.99 for both consoles at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I JUST got the email from Gamestop, so maybe they are price matching. Amazon still has the 360 version for $39.99 though.

[quote name='exaznkid']hmmm tempted to bite even though i sorta have a hatred about capcom's business practices but no doubt their games are fun[/quote]

+1

[quote name='barrit']I JUST got the email from Gamestop, so maybe they are price matching. Amazon still has the 360 version for $39.99 though.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's a price match. Their ads can be viewed on Mondays even though it doesn't go into effect until Wednesdays. Plus they had to have time to plan the deals and draw up the ad.

Awesome deal. I missed out on regular MvC3 but I had MvC2 and that was incredibly fun. Its a bit more "noob-friendly" than the Street Fighter series but I think its pretty fun.

Thanks, just ordered the PS3 version. Used my $10 gift card I got yesterday for $5. So $19.99 shipped.

I was waiting for the Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Arcade Game of the Year Edition ( and yes, there will be one. It's CRAPcom damn it) but I got tired of waiting.

It will bottom out at $20 and you guys will not have missed anything. Fighting games are all like that. Unless you're a diehard fan of a series and must have it NOW (in which case you already have it by the time we're talking price drops) just wait until it bottoms out.

Was already contemplating picking this up for $40 since I love the game/series but this price drop worked out nicely. Snagged a used copy at gamestop and used the 3 for $10. Thanks OP

Don't forget that despite being the "Ultimate" version, you still have to buy Jill and Shuma Gorath as DLC.

[quote name='Sway']Don't forget that despite being the "Ultimate" version, you still have to buy Jill and Shuma Gorath as DLC.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Really?!? They're not part of the Ultimate roster? You STILL have to purchase the DLC for UMvC3??

[quote name='def PD']Wait, what? Really?!? They're not part of the Ultimate roster? You STILL have to purchase the DLC for UMvC3??[/QUOTE]

That´s correct, they are not included in the Ultimate version.

[quote name='def PD']Wait, what? Really?!? They're not part of the Ultimate roster? You STILL have to purchase the DLC for UMvC3??[/QUOTE]

They're waiting to put it in the Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Arcade Game of the Year Edition.

Any chance of this game showing up on Gameflys monthly sale? Or has it already been featured? I don't think I can bear to buy this game new after buying the special edition of vanilla.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Any chance of this game showing up on Gameflys monthly sale? Or has it already been featured? I don't think I can bear to buy this game new after buying the special edition of vanilla.[/QUOTE]

lol I feel your pain. At least you can keep that sick case, I had been holding out since November to buy this game but I just bought it now. Thanks OP and thank you Amazon. :applause:

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Any chance of this game showing up on Gameflys monthly sale? Or has it already been featured? I don't think I can bear to buy this game new after buying the special edition of vanilla.[/QUOTE]
i've been waiting on that too but since the price of UMVC3 has been stuck at retail price for quite awhile, i dont think they will unless god forbid capcom pushes another version out

[quote name='CaoPi']everyone should wait for Super Ultimate MVC 3 Arcade Edition, now that is worth the extra $39.99![/QUOTE]

Yup that's what I'm waiting for. Capcom screwed me once already with SFIV. Almost fooled me with MVC3 but I decided to sell my brand new sealed Limited Edition instead of keeping it.

A wise man once said, "Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.”

[quote name='9Tale']It will bottom out at $20 and you guys will not have missed anything. Fighting games are all like that. Unless you're a diehard fan of a series and must have it NOW (in which case you already have it by the time we're talking price drops) just wait until it bottoms out.[/QUOTE]

after getting sf4, ssf4, and ssf4ae for full price and seeing them all drop to around $20, I agree and going to wait. I haven't even played ssf4 or ssf4ae yet.

I bought MVC3 day 1 and UMVC3 day 1 and now I want the Vita version so bad. haha. but I can wait for that one to go down in price..... I think...

[quote name='RoMee']They're waiting to put it in the Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Arcade Game of the Year Edition.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CaoPi']everyone should wait for Super Ultimate MVC 3 Arcade Edition...[/QUOTE]
SF2CE & SF2HF hit in 1992. This joke is now 20 years old.

[quote name='Naramie']Yup that's what I'm waiting for. Capcom screwed me once already with SFIV. Almost fooled me with MVC3 but I decided to sell my brand new sealed Limited Edition instead of keeping it.

A wise man once said, "Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.”[/QUOTE]

I said, "Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, GO EFF YOURSELF CAPCOM!"

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Why are you guys so upset by this? MvC3 is trash and needed an update.[/QUOTE]
Because it was a $40 dollar update. Also you can't say the game was trash when it wasn't even played for a year.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Because it was a $40 dollar update. Also you can't say the game was trash when it wasn't even played for a year.[/QUOTE]

A $40 update with more characters, more stages, and vastly improved online mode. I don't get it, I'd love for a fighter like KOF 13 to recieve continued support like this.

None of those make the game better, they just provide more value for your money at best.

I think for non-fighter fans, and maybe even some fighting fans, all these updates seem like one of those cheap 101-games-in-1 handhelds where half the games are just variants of Tetris.

[quote name='whitereflection']None of those make the game better, they just provide more value for your money at best.

I think for non-fighter fans, and maybe even some fighting fans, all these updates seem like one of those cheap 101-games-in-1 handhelds where half the games are just variants of Tetris.[/QUOTE]

Isn't more value for the money "better"? :???:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']A $40 update with more characters, more stages, and vastly improved online mode. I don't get it, I'd love for a fighter like KOF 13 to recieve continued support like this.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that it's an update that makes the prior version (which costs $60 and was pretty barebones already) obsolete. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if I had gotten at least a year of gameplay out of my old copy. Why couldn't I just update my old disk for $15 dollars like I did with Street Fighter? Also from what I heard the online is INFERIOR to the old version but I'll admit that's hearsay.

The game wasn't worth the money at launch.
Even if it was I didn't get a years worth of gameplay.
It's an overpriced update that made my old copy obsolete and doesn't reward prior purchases. That's why I don't like the update.

When it comes to KOF I would love to see a huge update next year. In comparison that game had way more content than mvc3 at $50 that even came with sweet 4 cd set if you preordered the game. I wouldn't mind paying up to 20 bucks for digital update or $40 for a disc (I should have the option).

That being said fighting game updates in the future shouldn't require your old copy to be obsolete. It should just allow you buy the new chars that you want,stages,music etc.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Because it was a $40 dollar update. Also you can't say the game was trash when it wasn't even played for a year.[/QUOTE]Anyone else remember the good ol' days when a SF2 update cost us $60 or $70 (w/o accounting for inflation) in the early 90s? Yeah, I don't miss those days either. ;)
[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']That being said fighting game updates in the future shouldn't require your old copy to be obsolete. It should just allow you buy the new chars that you want,stages,music etc.[/QUOTE]
It looks like Capcom walked away with a few lessons learned from MvC3 & SF4. But even with SFxT's DLC, although progressive for Capcom, still completely blew up in their faces. Even MK9's DLC saw limited adoption simply because players had to download compatibility packs in an attempt to unify the online community. As soon as MS & Sony allow developers to wrap all this DLC in mandatory patch updates, we'll start hearing complaints about why people should have to download 300+MB patches. Whatever approach these companies take it'll piss off some group of gamers.

[quote name='Thrinn']Anyone else remember the good ol' days when a SF2 update cost us $60 or $70 (w/o accounting for inflation) in the early 90s? Yeah, I don't miss those days either. ;)

It looks like Capcom walked away with a few lessons learned from MvC3 & SF4. But even with SFxT's DLC, although progressive for Capcom, still completely blew up in their faces. Even MK9's DLC saw limited adoption simply because players had to download compatibility packs in an attempt to unify the online community. As soon as MS & Sony allow developers to wrap all this DLC in mandatory patch updates, we'll start hearing complaints about why people should have to download 300+MB patches. Whatever approach these companies take it'll piss off some group of gamers.[/QUOTE]

I would say Capcom didn't learn anything! Or more likely they just don't care. They saw how hackers uncovered Jill and Shuma and still included all the chars on the disc. They should have just kept them off and a majority of the complaints would have been gone( there will always be complainers). If they honestly couldn't keep them off they should have let everyone know before hand. At least be honest about it. Capcom has stated that consumers always jump to worst conclusions. That is true to a degree but it doesn't help that capcom filed copyright claims on youtube videos that showed these chars. They obviously tried to hide this (a futile effort that just resulted in bad pr).

When it comes to MK's dlc I don't hear that many complaints (like i said there will always be complainers). Whether it sold a lot is another issue. Capcom's recent dlc is bull imo but by no means does that mean its unsuccessful.

As to the people who complain that dlc takes memory...lol. I like my dlc to actually be downloadable.

I can certainly agree with you on most of your points. I'm probably in the minority when I say I don't have a problem with the DLC on the disc with SFxT. Would it have been nice to have that included in the price of the game? Sure, but there's already a good amount of characters being offered for the price (the number of stages is a different story). The thing that really pissed me off was the fact that Capcom was going to sit on the character DLC for half a year as to not overshadow the Vita version. The fighting game community probably couldn't care less about a port to a handheld.

Capcom is going to continue to trip and stumble at every possible opportunity until they eventually get their act together. I can only hope that one day they'll realize the resource they have in Killian as a voice for the fighting game community instead of keeping him busy with spinning PR BS for damage control. It must drive him crazy having to publicly defend Capcom's terrible decisions.

It is now $29.99 @ Amazon w/ FSSS for the
iconxbox360.gif
version.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C7R8I8/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

[quote name='Naramie']A wise man once said, "Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.”[/QUOTE]
Is that how it really goes?

[quote name='def PD']I said, "Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, GO EFF YOURSELF CAPCOM!"[/QUOTE]

I think I am about on the "Fool me twenty times..." step. I remember working in Electronics Boutique back in school. Street Fighter 2 SNES $72.99. Street Fighter 2 Turbo SNES $73.99. Super Street Fighter 2 $74.99. Bought every single one the first day and the first two the Japan version two month prior for an import premium as well. Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is the first time I didn't go for the double dip for a Capcom fighter. I finally figured it out this time, and having a hefty backlog doesn't hurt either!

bread's done
Back