Ultimate Marvel vs. capcom 3 (PS Vita) $17.99 @ BestBuy.com ($14.39 with GCU PM)

thereefernander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
So I got a pretty good deal on this game and thought I'd share it.

Ult. MvC3 for Vita is $17.99 on Bestbuy.com or $29.99 in store. If you add it to your cart on Bestbuy.com and sign into your RZ/MBBY account with GCU it brings it down to $14.39 (20% off) Really good deal. I bit because I also had RZ certs to burn. Just add it to your cart for $14.39 and show the employee a picture or do it on a kiosk if you don't have a mobile device capable of doing so.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-ps-vita/3967352.p?id=1218444154413&skuId=3967352&st=ultimate%20marvel%20capcom%203&lp=1&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just buy it online for store pickup? Unless the store has less then 3 available it should allow you to do that. Will be much easier then requesting a PM.

Why not just buy it online for store pickup? Unless the store has less then 3 available it should allow you to do that. Will be much easier then requesting a PM.
Correct if there is less than 3 you can not do in store pick up but Best Buy will always match Bestbuy.com prices especially if the item is in stock at the store!

Which was my scenario my store would not let me order for in store pick up. So I just price matched it.

Just so everyone knows BBY stores should not be price matching this, but most employees do not know the full policy so it is very possible to get it. But if they deny you they are perfectly within the terms of the PM policy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of products shipped from or sold by third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through 11:59 p.m. on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Got in on this during black friday, when they still had these available for shipping.  Still haven't opened it, hell still haven't even played the PS3 version I have.  Jump on it if you still can as I don't think they're allowed or are going to print anymore of these things.

A moron at my local best buy told me you can't PM, and use your 20% discount from GCU even though the 20% off is something you're just supposed to get.  can someone show me where it says in best buy's PM policy, or the GCU policy that you can do both?  I know you're supposed to be able to, but I'd need to print it up so I can show that fucking moron at best buy that they're an idiot, and wrong.

A moron at my local best buy told me you can't PM, and use your 20% discount from GCU even though the 20% off is something you're just supposed to get. can someone show me where it says in best buy's PM policy, or the GCU policy that you can do both? I know you're supposed to be able to, but I'd need to print it up so I can show that fucking moron at best buy that they're an idiot, and wrong.
It's an automatic discount so yes it should stack with no problem with your My Best Buy Reward card regardless of the PM. You may want to have the cashier PM the game first before adding your rewards account though just in case.

I'm gonna see if any store may have one around me when I go in today. Thanks OP!

A moron at my local best buy told me you can't PM, and use your 20% discount from GCU even though the 20% off is something you're just supposed to get. can someone show me where it says in best buy's PM policy, or the GCU policy that you can do both? I know you're supposed to be able to, but I'd need to print it up so I can show that fucking moron at best buy that they're an idiot, and wrong.
Moron.

Q: Can the 20% off benefit be combined with a price match?
A: You would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-Enhancement/td-p/723505

Lol

I don't bother replying to those posts anymore. I don't see why people feel entitled to everything. It's not difficult to check when it's posted in multiple threads on this site.

Even though it wasn't what I was expecting based on what people have been saying on this site, I appreciate the quick response.  Now I kind of wish I hadn't wasted my money getting GCU.  Well, I guess it's not really a waste, because I doubt Mario Kart 8 will be on sale the week it comes out, and it would be nice to get it for $48 immediately.

Everyone with questions if the 20% off stacks with a price match in this case it only does because it is on Bestbuy.com. If I can add something to my cart on Bestbuy.com and have a price of $14.39 and the only reason I can not do in store pick up for that price is because the system can not verify availability of the item why tell me can Bestbuy not give me that price for that item?

I think that refers to the clearance section online. As long as it's not clearance, the online price should be fine.
mNMuy6O.png

Everyone with questions if the 20% off stacks with a price match in this case it only does because it is on Bestbuy.com. If I can add something to my cart on Bestbuy.com and have a price of $14.39 and the only reason I can not do in store pick up for that price is because the system can not verify availability of the item why tell me can Bestbuy not give me that price for that item?
The reason why they shouldn't PM is because of what I posted above. Granted if this was not Clearance then you would be correct, but this is why it rang up differently in store then what is listed online. I admit it is stupid, this happened a few years back. The website had tons of stuff for $5-10 in the "Outlet" on BBY.com and back then stores were not allowed to PM the outlet section, just like Clearance at this point in time.

Lol

I don't bother replying to those posts anymore. I don't see why people feel entitled to everything. It's not difficult to check when it's posted in multiple threads on this site.
What makes you think PAYING a membership fee for 20% off new games is entitlement? You have a very strange understanding of what entitlement is. If this were some free promotion as a GC offer, I could understand the entitlement argument. However, when people are paying for that perk, it is a totally different story.

Fact of the matter is that GCU rules make no mention of 20% not stacking with price matches. Finding that information requires you to dumpster dive their forums for the FAQ. That being said, customers being confused and denied in store after a price match is completely understandable.

What makes you think PAYING a membership fee for 20% off new games is entitlement? You have a very strange understanding of what entitlement is. If this were some free promotion as a GC offer, I could understand the entitlement argument. However, when people are paying for that perk, it is a totally different story.

Fact of the matter is that GCU rules make no mention of 20% not stacking with price matches. Finding that information requires you to dumpster dive their forums for the FAQ. That being said, customers being confused and denied in store after a price match is completely understandable.
Those rules are in the forum, so how can you say it makes no mention? If your argument is that not everyone would know that the rules are listed in the forum, then you have a point, but you KNOW its there and still claim it doesn't say it is re-donk-ulous.

Those rules are in the forum, so how can you say it makes no mention? If your argument is that not everyone would know that the rules are listed in the forum, then you have a point, but you KNOW its there and still claim it doesn't say it is re-donk-ulous.
The main issue, and it is a valid one, is that us on CAG are an exception to the rule. We are in the know of things. We as a group specialize in knowing everything we can about terms, policies, sales, offers, etc etc for game and game related items/stores.

Nowhere on the BBY site, sign up card, or MyBB site does it list any exclusions. For us on CAG, yes we have no excuse because we do know, but again we are the minority and it should be easily visible on by BBY website, especially the T&C for the GCU on the MyBB site.

The main issue, and it is a valid one, is that us on CAG are an exception to the rule. We are in the know of things. We as a group specialize in knowing everything we can about terms, policies, sales, offers, etc etc for game and game related items/stores.

Nowhere on the BBY site, sign up card, or MyBB site does it list any exclusions. For us on CAG, yes we have no excuse because we do know, but again we are the minority and it should be easily visible on by BBY website, especially the T&C for the GCU on the MyBB site.
Exactly.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you know there is a forum or not. It also doesn't matter if we the minority know about extra places of information. All programs abide by Terms and Conditions. The fact that exclusions are not listed in said agreements is not the consumers fault. It is not the consumers responsibility to search beyond the program rules listed on the actual program's small print or any included PDF legal documents. If that were the case, all advertisements, promotions, coupons, and subscriptions would never have small print attached.

The whole point of linking to PDFs of legal and small print at the bottom of things like this is to avoid lawsuits for false adverising and properly inform the consumer. Not including this information and expecting the consumer to find it through a forum then denying them a transaction that fits within their original program rules is bordering on dishonest business practices.

Correct if there is less than 3 you can not do in store pick up but Best Buy will always match Bestbuy.com prices especially if the item is in stock at the store!
Which was my scenario my store would not let me order for in store pick up. So I just price matched it.
if they have to PM though, that'll nullify the GCU discount

I can't remember the last time I saw this game in a Best Buy store. I knew I price matched it to TigerDirect.com when it was $14.99. Played it a few times and it's a ton of fun. Now I just need to find time to play these Vita games I bought recently.

You obviously don't know what entitlement means. You shouldn't feel entitled to using a discount on everything. There are limitations. You pay for a discount on Best Buy prices. It's that simple.

You feel like you should be able to reach beyond that but it's not meant to be that way.

bread's done
Back