Ultimate Matrix Collection Blu-ray $49.99 at Best Buy

Too rich for my blood, especially since I don't acknowledge either movie after the original. Cheaper to just buy Matrix and Animatrix separate.

The Matrix on its own is $29.99 so its a decent deal. Y'all telling me you wouldn't at least want to watch that car chase from Reloaded in HD?

[quote name='dinovelvet']The Matrix on its own is $29.99 so its a decent deal. Y'all telling me you wouldn't at least want to watch that car chase from Reloaded in HD?[/QUOTE]

I'm still on the fence about this seeing as how I got Matrix for $12.99 on BF (yet to receive it from Best Buy though). It'd be nice to have the whole set for $45 at just over $11 per movie.

I picked it up at BB for that price. It supposedly has over 30 hours of content. I'm pretty sure they're counting all the audio commentaries, but it seems like good value. Reloaded and Revolutions, like the latter two Pirate movies and Godfather III, are some of the only "crappy" movies that I would tolerate buying due to the quality of the first installment.

[quote name='JaroldL']@jodou, I'm with you.

The original was good. Anything after that was mediocre imo.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way. Love the original, and actually liked the second one as well (mostly due to the fight scenes). The third and final film was garbage, though I have all three on DVD. As good of a deal as this is, I can't justify spending $50 for basically one movie and a fight scene or two from the sequel.

[quote name='Jodou'] Cheaper to just buy Matrix and Animatrix separate.[/QUOTE]

Have they released Animatrix on Blu on its own?

[quote name='king9x']Have they released Animatrix on Blu on its own?[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm not sure; just assumed it would be by now. That'd be pretty shitty of them to force you to buy the collection just to get it. I'll just keep them on DVD if that's the case.

is this the lowest the matrix set has ever been? i recalled it was lower during a lightning deal a few months back.

[quote name='king9x']Have they released Animatrix on Blu on its own?[/QUOTE]

They have in the UK and it's a region free disc that has played fine in every BR player I've tried it in (PS3, LG BH200, Panasonic BD60)... haven't checked the price lately but amazon.co.uk has bluray sales quite often.

not a gigantic fan of reloaded/revolutions but in HD they look amazing and the fights are awesome

49.99 is a steal to view these bad boys in HD plus the animatrix and the other disc with massive features.. copped this last night

Damn, I own all these on DVD and I really want them on Blu. You know what I think I will get the woman to get this for me as a Christmas present since she doesn't know what to get me.

[quote name='Justin42']They have in the UK and it's a region free disc that has played fine in every BR player I've tried it in (PS3, LG BH200, Panasonic BD60)... haven't checked the price lately but amazon.co.uk has bluray sales quite often.[/QUOTE]

Amazon UK has the regular region-free Matrix Blu-ray set with only the first 3 movies. It does NOT include The Animatrix nor the bonus discs. It is around $28-32 shipped.

Not including The Animatrix in that set was a deal breaker for me.

Just decided on PMing this at Target and using the coupon for a total of $45 after all.

bread's done
Back