Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 XBLA Code

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
So I found out in the XBLA DotW thread that there were codes printed on cards for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for XBLA. Anyone know where I can still get one? Or has one they would sell or trade to me? I've been kicking myself ever since it got pulled off XBLA for not buying it. Thanks for any help.

Also if anyone knows of any other pulled games that can still be obtained I'm sort of a collector of that kind of stuff. I already have Joust, Robotron, Yaris, TotemBall, Dash of Destruction and DOOM.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I found out in the XBLA DotW thread that there were codes printed on cards for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for XBLA. Anyone know where I can still get one? Or has one they would sell or trade to me? I've been kicking myself ever since it got pulled off XBLA for not buying it. Thanks for any help.

Also if anyone knows of any other pulled games that can still be obtained I'm sort of a collector of that kind of stuff. I already have Joust, Robotron, Yaris, TotemBall, Dash of Destruction and DOOM.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can still download it, even if the code you have is valid. I have the trial on my system and I attempted to purchase it the last time I had some extra points to spend, and it gave me an error message.

Yea if you buy a card with a code it still works. I bought Joust, Robotron and DOOM in the last couple months and they've been gone for a looong time. The problem is finding the cards. I can't imagine they are still sitting on store shelves. I'll have to check my local Targets when I can since apparantly they sold them. Hoping someone might have a code lying around they don't need. A long shot to be sure but well worth asking.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yea if you buy a card with a code it still works. I bought Joust, Robotron and DOOM in the last couple months and they've been gone for a looong time. The problem is finding the cards. I can't imagine they are still sitting on store shelves. I'll have to check my local Targets when I can since apparantly they sold them. Hoping someone might have a code lying around they don't need. A long shot to be sure but well worth asking.[/QUOTE]

If you find a code and it works, post back here. I'm interested to see if this actually works.

UPDATE to this thread.

dark_inchworm contacted me about possibly being his guinea pig for the code card. He found some at his local Target and I offered to pay for one and be the tester if the code doesn't work then I'm the one that's out the cash. Knowing full well I've had other codes for games that have been pulled work just fine I was more than happy to do this. I can understand his concern since some people were saying the DOOM codes from Gamestop weren't working. That's a different issue they ran out of codes. These are pre-printed and WILL work.

Long story short dark_inchworm sent me the code tonight and I can confirm 100% that they do work. Check my achievements I managed to get one in the first 10 seconds. If you find these cards they are ultra rare and may be worth some decent scratch at this point. Given that MK9 is around the corner people may be hunting for these like mad. I'm just thrilled I got mine.

Thank you so much for contacting me dark_inchworm. You truly made my week.

Really? They work?
Funny then that I did some disc maint and accidentally deleted this from my hard drive and now it will not let me download it back. I bought a card a few years back from Target and installed it then. I was able to download other things back to the hard drive but this just keeps coming back with a message saying that it cannot be downloaded.

[quote name='Cameron4All']Really? They work?
Funny then that I did some disc maint and accidentally deleted this from my hard drive and now it will not let me download it back. I bought a card a few years back from Target and installed it then. I was able to download other things back to the hard drive but this just keeps coming back with a message saying that it cannot be downloaded.[/QUOTE]

Yup code worked fine for me. If you bought it before you shouldn't need to buy it again. Have you gone to your download history and redownloaded it? Tried from xbox.com? I've never had an issue redownloading something I purchased.

[quote name='kburns10']That's incredible! I can't even seem to find one on eBay! If I do find one though, I'm gonna buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yea I've never seen on on eBay. I don't think anyone has thought to post them there. I would post some but there are none to be found in my area. Like I said I was ultra-fortunate to have dark_inchworm contact me.

Glad to be of service :)

I've nabbed one for myself, and only one more remains at that particular Target. Someone here has already laid claim on it (assuming no one purchases it by the time I'm able to return to that store), but if I just happen to find another stash of them somewhere, I'll bump this thread.

Nice find dude! If you happen to get an extra one or any of the other midway disc. games like paperboy and smash tv let me know by pm. I'll make it worth your while big time either with cash or new games! ;)

[quote name='moonknight25']Nice find dude! If you happen to get an extra one or any of the other midway disc. games like paperboy and smash tv let me know by pm. I'll make it worth your while big time either with cash or new games! ;)[/QUOTE]

Were Paperboy and Smash TV on cards too? I thought I nabbed them all. The quest continues!

[quote name='moonknight25']Yep, Im questing for them also. If I find extras I'll send the codes your way for just the cost! Us cags look out for each other![/QUOTE]

Keep me posted if you find Smash TV or Paperboy. Unfortunately there are no cards left in my area of any kind.

Keep checking eBay though guys I know there's a few that pop up from time to time and they usually sell for about $5. I picked up a couple through best offers. Try those first if you can. Good luck everyone and keep your eyes peeled!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yup code worked fine for me. If you bought it before you shouldn't need to buy it again. Have you gone to your download history and redownloaded it? Tried from xbox.com? I've never had an issue redownloading something I purchased.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Tried it from my download history on both my xbox and xbox.com.
I just tried it again and it is doing the same thing. I acts like it is downloading but sits at 1% and then after a bit I get the message "Can't download Ultimate MK3".
Just as a side note, I also have something listed in my history as "Unknown Title". Still trying to figure out was that is.

[quote name='mr_bungle']So why are these rare again? I mean, what happened to take it off XBLA. I forgot...glad I have it though :)[/QUOTE]

Midway fell under, and I guess their licenses went in so many directions that revising and renewing everything for XBLA would have been too much effort for too little return. I don't know who has what, other than WB picking up Mortal Kombat/NetherRealm Studios.

OK-
I have no idea how these codes work. I just tweeted Xbox support and was told I cannot re-download it because it is no longer available on the Marketplace.
I explained that I had downloaded before and just trying to get it back and was told that they understand that but content on Xbox Marketplace is subject to change.

So, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I'm jumping in on the request train! If someone finds one, please let me know! I just went to a local store here (either Best Buy or Target) that had a 12 month live card with Joust. If anyone finds the MK one, I'd be willing to buy that one and trade!

[quote name='Sonne']OT: But I'm a NASCAR fan and I love your avatar, HydroX. JS.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, thanks. I saw it years ago and thought it was fitting. I used to really enjoy NASCAR (and grew up a Dale fan, as my dad was) but grew out of it a long time ago.

You wake up and huff pain in the morning? If anybody is stupid enough to pay you $25 I guess they belong with you, I really don't see the point in paying that much. You just make me want to go out and find some and sell them cheaper than you!!!!

[quote name='skiizim']You wake up and huff pain in the morning? If anybody is stupid enough to pay you $25 I guess they belong with you, I really don't see the point in paying that much. You just make me want to go out and find some and sell them cheaper than you!!!![/QUOTE]

Dude, those codes are uber rare with almost all targets discontinued them. I've seen some peeps offer a LOT more just so you know. He's being cool and giving us Cags first crack.

[quote name='moonknight25']Dude, those codes are uber rare with almost all targets discontinued them. I've seen some peeps offer a LOT more just so you know. He's being cool and giving us Cags first crack.[/QUOTE]

While that may be true I also have seen them go cheaply. It really depends on who really wants it the most.

Well, I don't know if I expected them to go for $25 and candidly, I would much rather have a trade for one of the games. At that point, as ray5555 says, it is all about who wants the code the most. If you are sitting on spider-man shattered dimensions, trading it to me is probably more 'profitable' than taking it to gamestop to trade in.

The only reason I even offered a paypal $25 option for someone who doesn't have any of those games, but wants the code. Then, I can go get the game myself.

Excuse me now, as I go huff paint! :)

Likewise, if anyone can find a code, please DM me. I'll pay medium bucks, to buy the game. I have the trial, but want the full game.

please if anyone has code cards - name a price and as long as it works and the price is reasonable i'd be willing to fork over the $$$ paypal.

I'll definitely throw my hat into the ring of being willing to pay a reasonable price for a code if someone runs across one. I also have months of Gold and stuff like that to trade. PM inbox is always there.

I would be interested in paying for codes for Paperboy, Smash TV, and Doom. I know my rating here is not high, but I do run the Trade Thread at XBA, if that helps.

If anyone has a code I have a 1 month membership for xbox live to trade, PM me if interested. I saw Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on the marketplace before it was pulled and it was priced at 400 microsoft points, a week later I got some points and thought it's time to buy that awesome game I used to play when I was younger, but then I found out it had been taken down :(

bread's done
Back