Ultimate Spider-Man Hardcover Collection - $12 (75% off) @ Barnes and Noble

Cth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
B&M only -- Special section labeled 75% off summer clearance sale!

Info about the book:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=zg6Tdqi9IZ&isbn=0760761337&itm=1

Format: Hardcover, 992pp
(Issues 1-39 + 1/2 + behind the scenes info)

Usually sells for $50-$100 on Ebay.

[quote name='moe11888']
I called a few stores to find the one that had it in stock. They couldn't find what I was talking about since it was on clearance, but when I told them the ISBN, they found it instantly. You can ask them to reserve it for you, so you don't have to rush to get the last one. The ISBN is 0760761337 by the way.[/quote]

8391068.jpg

Thanks I found one and got a few other books on the cheap. Also their is one left in the barnes and noble in Old Orchard Mall in Illinois.

was the book in the comic book section or was it in the discount book section, you know those bargin books they put a black dot on.

Store must have had a thousand books on clearance, everything from cook books to civil war maps yet no spiderman unfortunatly, I gotta try another one tomorrow

I called a few stores to find the one that had it in stock. They couldn't find what I was talking about since it was on clearance, but when I told them the ISBN, they found it instantly. You can ask them to reserve it for you, so you don't have to rush to get the last one. The ISBN is 0760761337 by the way.

I checked my local B&N last night and had no such luck. If anyone could snag me a copy I'll pay $20 via Paypal, Personal Check, or Money Order to cover the cost of the book, gas, and hastle. Thanks guys!

[quote name='moe11888']I called a few stores to find the one that had it in stock. They couldn't find what I was talking about since it was on clearance, but when I told them the ISBN, they found it instantly. You can ask them to reserve it for you, so you don't have to rush to get the last one. The ISBN is 0760761337 by the way.[/QUOTE]
This is an excellent tip, worth repeating IMO, so that's why I quoted it. Save yourself a wasted trip by calling your local B&Ns and give them the ISBN. I tried 3 stores before I found one that had it, and now they're holding it for me. They said they'd hold it up to 3 days, which is nice because I won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday. Otherwise, I would most likely have missed out on this.

Incredible deal. Thanks very much for the heads up, Cth. :applause:

I picked copy of this Saturday at the East Side Barnes & Noble in Wichita. It was actually sitting on the shelf in the comic book section, and I almost overlooked it. I didn't go out of my way to get it; I just happened to remember this thread and stopped in while I was running errands. I can vouch for the bad-assness of this anthology. Every glossy page screams high quality, and the extras are nice for the ultra-nerdy. For $12, this was one of my best buys this summer.

By the way, for anyone in Wichita, I picked up the last copy on the west side. You'll have to call the Kellogg store and check with them if you're interested.

damn i should have checked the boards more often i just went to B&N today i dont know how i could have missed this post for so long lol oh well ill just call tommorow and if they have it swing by after work

[quote name='moe11888']I called a few stores to find the one that had it in stock. They couldn't find what I was talking about since it was on clearance, but when I told them the ISBN, they found it instantly. You can ask them to reserve it for you, so you don't have to rush to get the last one. The ISBN is 0760761337 by the way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the ISBN, I called the B&N in the Grove in LA and they held a copy for me. The best part was they had some floor copies that looked like they had been read a few times, but they copy they put on hold for me was flawless. Thanks OP. The book is awsome.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']i called every b&n on long island and none of them had it if someone can pick it up for me ill paypal you $20 pm if you can please ^_^[/QUOTE]

Heh, thanks for savin' me the trouble.

I was at a big B&N today, but forgot this thread, should've checked it out, if only for the profit that could be made reselling it.

[quote name='souNReAL']would that be this comic here?

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=078510898X&itm=3

on the website for $29.99 btw[/QUOTE]
No, the one you've got the link to is Volume 1. The one that's being clearanced at 75% off is a huge 900+ page monster that collects Volumes 1-3. The link has been added to the first post in this thread, but I'll put it here, too:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0760761337&itm=12

The site says that new copies are not available from barnesandnoble.com.

I wonder if Marvel will make a Ultimate Spider-man Collection V.2 now that volumes 4-6 are out. Or even better, Ultimate X-Men Collection V.1.

[quote name='KingDox']Thanks for the ISBN, I called the B&N in the Grove in LA and they held a copy for me. The best part was they had some floor copies that looked like they had been read a few times, but they copy they put on hold for me was flawless. Thanks OP. The book is awsome.[/quote]

CTH and KingDox are the greatest. CTH for the post and KingDox for telling where I can find it at the Grove in Los Angeles. Also anyone else wanting it can get it there they said they had 24 in stock when I called. I reserved one for pickup. Thanks again everyone.

I remember I almost picked this up at 50% off. I just went out on lunch. I saw three at one store but 2 were seriously mangaled which made me upset. Grabbed the 3rd which was in perfect shape. I looked up on Ebay just out of curiousity (I'm keeping this) and I don't see any completed listings for $50-100. Thanks OP for the great deal.

[quote name='headpiece747']CTH and KingDox are the greatest. CTH for the post and KingDox for telling where I can find it at the Grove in Los Angeles. Also anyone else wanting it can get it there they said they had 24 in stock when I called. I reserved one for pickup. Thanks again everyone.[/QUOTE]

24 in stock you say!? Sure would be nice of someone if they could snag me a copy... O:)

I'd pay for the cost of the book, gasoline, shipping, and hastle. I said earlier in this thread that I thought $20 was fair, but if not just shoot me a PM and let me know. I really want one. :pray:

[quote name='Swift900']24 in stock you say!? Sure would be nice of someone if they could snag me a copy... O:)

I'd pay for the cost of the book, gasoline, shipping, and hastle. I said earlier in this thread that I thought $20 was fair, but if not just shoot me a PM and let me know. I really want one. :pray:[/quote]

I will also pay $20 or whatever for this if someone want's to be generous enough to pick it up for me. PM me if you are willing... Thanks!

I had no luck calling stores in the SF Bay Area. SF to San Jose to Tracy did not have it in stock. If someone's willing to pick it up for me, send me a PM.

Got one extra copy but this book is heavy and I don't think $20 is enough with my time and shipping. Also there is a paper sleeve over the hard cover and I can't guarantee that it will not rip or wrinkle in shipping it. I will try to get the best shipping for the least expense.

So if after that you still want it you can PM with offers.

[quote name='javeryh']It is sold out of all B&Ns in Manhattan. Crap.[/QUOTE]

dammit! thanks for checking though, saves me the time.

I remember seeing these when I was in Cali a few months back, should get my friend to get one for me if its still there.

It is an awesome compilation. I picked up a copy for $30(50% off) at B&N way back when Spider-Man 2 was out in theaters.

[quote name='javeryh']It is sold out of all B&Ns in Manhattan. Crap.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking i was gonna try on friday when i was in the city now i wont have to waste my time ^_^

when i called about this deal, the only barnes and noble that had it was charging $24 and put one on hold for me.

that was 4 weeks ago. i wonder if the prices are still good.

bread's done
Back