Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE still hasn't fixed their Xbox 360 app? That's unfortunate seeing as how the Xbox 360 is still the most popular console in the US. The App has worked very well on my PS4 with very few problems, aside from the annoying selection sounds it had at launch.

Also, JBL with his his elderly cat. (I thought it was cute)

BmemY-gCIAAFNYp.jpg

While not related to the current product, Jim Ross commentary added to just about any injury video is absolutely hilarious. Someone sent this to me while I was at work today and I had my coworkers looking at me because I was laughing so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv5mGdN_b2A

Last edited by a moderator:
Mason Ryan, Shaul Guerrero, Oliver Grey, Danny Burch, and Sarah Blackment got released from developmental.
Nothing too surprsing there. Backman apparently requested her release. They probably were apprehensive to put her on TV since she has better arms than half the male roster.

They certainly put enough time into Mason.

Picked up my fiancée from work. We talked about dinner on the way home and decided to stop off and grab some meat at the store. She checks out the strawberries, only to find out that they're all spoiled. She goes to ask if they have any fresh strawberries at the customer service desk. I'm checking them again and look up and see this huge dude walking in. His face looked familiar, but I couldn't recognize who it was. My brain finally realized that that guy looked a whole hell of a lot like Wade Barrett.. scratch that, it was Wade Barrett.

Absolutely surreal moment. I didn't want to be the fan that flipped out, asked for autographs, etc., so I made some small talk, told him I was a fan, mentioned that I was going to Battleground, then got a picture with him. Totally surreal moment. He was as nice as could be.

Picked up my fiancée from work. We talked about dinner on the way home and decided to stop off and grab some meat at the store. She checks out the strawberries, only to find out that they're all spoiled. She goes to ask if they have any fresh strawberries at the customer service desk. I'm checking them again and look up and see this huge dude walking in. His face looked familiar, but I couldn't recognize who it was. My brain finally realized that that guy looked a whole hell of a lot like Wade Barrett.. scratch that, it was Wade Barrett.

Absolutely surreal moment. I didn't want to be the fan that flipped out, asked for autographs, etc., so I made some small talk, told him I was a fan, mentioned that I was going to Battleground, then got a picture with him. Totally surreal moment. He was as nice as could be.
I didn't know you were engaged, congrats.

Most of the wrestlers I've met have been easy to talk to and actually seem to enjoy discussing wrestling as long as you're not completely marking out on them.

Barrett was just there to get on the PA and announce the bad news that the strawberries were rotten.

First off, thanks for the congrats, neocisco.

Second, I totally gave him that opening. He was in the store five minutes, tops. Really humble, didn't stand out (other than the fact that he was 6'7). It was such a surreal experience.

First off, thanks for the congrats, neocisco.

Second, I totally gave him that opening. He was in the store five minutes, tops. Really humble, didn't stand out (other than the fact that he was 6'7). It was such a surreal experience.
Congrats man, I had no idea.

Your presence is missed in this thread.

Haha, no it's not.

It's actually funny though, the more satisfied I am with the product, the less I feel the urge to talk about it. Everything just seems great lately (aside from Magneto and Hornswoggle/El Torito). I love that Daniel Bryan's the champ, the Evolution/Shield power struggle is fun, Barrett is going to win the IC champ and be super awesome, and I'm thoroughly enjoying Wyatt's gimmick and his journey to corrupt Cena (though we know who will RISE ABOVE this challenge).

I also have tickets for Battleground, which I'm extremely excited for, especially with the rumors of a wargames match. I know it won't happen, but I can hope.

NXT's also pretty good as of late, but the most recent episode with Triple H's announcement felt forced as all hell, especially with the chants. Was there a sign that lit up that told the crowd what to chant during that opening or something?

Haha, no it's not.

It's actually funny though, the more satisfied I am with the product, the less I feel the urge to talk about it. Everything just seems great lately (aside from Magneto and Hornswoggle/El Torito). I love that Daniel Bryan's the champ, the Evolution/Shield power struggle is fun, Barrett is going to win the IC champ and be super awesome, and I'm thoroughly enjoying Wyatt's gimmick and his journey to corrupt Cena (though we know who will RISE ABOVE this challenge).

I also have tickets for Battleground, which I'm extremely excited for, especially with the rumors of a wargames match. I know it won't happen, but I can hope.

NXT's also pretty good as of late, but the most recent episode with Triple H's announcement felt forced as all hell, especially with the chants. Was there a sign that lit up that told the crowd what to chant during that opening or something?
NXT! NXT! NXT!

How can you not like Swoggle in 3MB? He's a natural. Literally made me laugh out loud when I first saw him acting like Heath Slater.

Wrestling Dontaku 2014/ROH spoilers

Styles beat Okada for the IWGP title earlier this morning. So it looks like it's going to be Styles vs Elgin at War of the Worlds. Shame cause I was really looking forward to Elgin vs Okada.

Styles beat Okada for the IWGP title earlier this morning. So it looks like it's going to be Styles vs Elgin at War of the Worlds. Shame cause I was really looking forward to Elgin vs Okada.
Bmtgp3ACUAAbpZs.jpg

Imagine what would be in store if Punk makes the jump as well.

I bet they turn it into a 3 way, Styles is scheduled for the show but didn't have a match announced. I can't imagine them taking Okada out of the main event. Unless of course they're going to change up the ROH title match and sub Okada in for Liger.

Looks like Bullet Club is approaching that dangerous size where they could split into Bullet Club black-and-white and Bullet Club wolfpac. 

I'm getting married tomorrow. This just hit me like a stack of bricks.

WWE posted some fantasy hardcore matches, this one made me laugh. What a trainwreck this would be.

20140425_ExtremeDreamMatch_CenaNewJack.jpg

I can't figure out how to post in spoiler tags on this new CAG layout, sorry guys. :(

WWE posted some fantasy hardcore matches, this one made me laugh. What a trainwreck this would be.

20140425_ExtremeDreamMatch_CenaNewJack.jpg

I can't figure out how to post in spoiler tags on this new CAG layout, sorry guys. :(
Best of luck. Just think of the after party -- if things aren't up to par, you can always jump off the balcony onto the in-laws, New Jack-style.

Congrats on your big day, Scorch.

As for the poster, WWE would have to really hate Cena to put him in a match with that psycho.

i expect everyone to drop them by summer
I suspect Comcast may be a longer hold-out than most with the current relationship between WWE and NBC/Universal. If WWE moves away from them for a TV deal I would expect within a few days the PPVs would be dropped from the Comcast service.

In less than 2 hours I'm getting married to the woman of my dreams.

Am I nervous? Not really, but waking up with a sore throat is awful. (No, it wasn't from a wild night out, haha. I worked last night.)

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone at CAG for being so awesome and allowing me an escape from the horrors of real life.

I find it funny that I let my fiance choose our wedding day; I woke up this morning and asked her the significance of the date in question.

"Well, you have a Boba Fett toilet seat and you love Star Wars, right?"

"...yeah. What about it?"

"May the 4th be with us. Always."

Such a winner. I love you guys. Wish me luck!

Dr. Venkman, on 03 May 2014 - 7:41 PM, said:

*snipped*

[hypocrisy]Indignation about spoiler tags for useless images because we're on 56k and 1xRTT mobile data.[/hypocrisy]

Why must WWE troll the ECW marks? LOL

In less than 2 hours I'm getting married to the woman of my dreams.

Am I nervous? Not really, but waking up with a sore throat is awful. (No, it wasn't from a wild night out, haha. I worked last night.)

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone at CAG for being so awesome and allowing me an escape from the horrors of real life.

I find it funny that I let my fiance choose our wedding day; I woke up this morning and asked her the significance of the date in question.

"Well, you have a Boba Fett toilet seat and you love Star Wars, right?"

"...yeah. What about it?"

"May the 4th be with us. Always."

Such a winner. I love you guys. Wish me luck!
Congrats, Venk. I hope you guys have a great ceremony and a happy life together. :)

That was the greatest match in the history of midget wrestling.  I think I popped a blood vessel when El Torito, Jinder, and Los Matadores took that spot to the outside.

It was a very fun match. Some of the spots may have felt overly planned and the tiny commentators weren't that great, but I was pleasantly surprised with all involved. 

Even though both of those Rollins spots were expected, that man is insane.

That spot in the Kane/DBD match was telegraphed by the guys
coming into frame with fire extinguishers before the table was even out there.

The pre-show match was...memorable in several ways, few of them good. God bless 3MB for taking crazy bumps in it though. Show wasn't doing much for me until Evolution-Shield. That was iffy at the start, but really got going when they did crowd brawling. Roman was "made" here kicking out of the Pedigree and scoring the win. Cena-Wyatt was a fucking clown shoe. Fight scenes in Married With Children were easier to suspend your disbelief for. All the voice modulator stuff was goofy, but entertaining. Main event was largely dreadful. I didn't expect a flaming table spot, but...it really didn't make the match any better. It was really so fast that it didn't have time to mean much.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/wwe-extreme-rules-2014.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/37aeevbne84tfrjppeyesorecrolxkf0

Anyone else think the flaming table spot was weak? I know they're trying to protect the wrestlers but that was half assed. Only poured gasoline on the sides of the table and left the middle exposed so that he could go through it unharmed.

WeeLC was a fun match.  So many puns.

Swagger-RVD-Cesaro was alright.  Heyman's spot at the opening was probably the best.

BNB-Big E was a good match with a satisfying finish.

Shield-Evolution was great.  Best match of the night. When they're not squashing people, The Shield is always on their A game.

Cena-Wyatt sucked.  The finish was interesting, but Wyatt not getting a Pin makes him and the Wyatts look weak.

Paige-Tamina was...about as good a match as you can expect from an up-and-comer and a bad match.

Bryan-Kane was good. Fun spots.

EDIT:

Forgot the Rusev match...why was this on the show?  Lana was the best part.

It's funny how one little addition makes that a screenshot from that Evolution promo better:

cXqQJZ9.jpg

Found that on the Fark thread for the night. Always entertaining during a "Special Event".

This was a fun PPV. Match of the night was easily Shield/Evolution. Worst was Bray/Cena, but at least the right guy finally went over. I have two very specific grievances about the latter:

- Zero psychology on Cena's part. You're in a bloodfeud with a guy you supposedly despise, stands against everything you embody, and corrupted your fanbase. The very first move you perform should NOT be a fucking headlock.

- It took 3 guys (and a creepy kid) to beat Cena tonight. Why WWE feels the need to constantly protect him, the guy in the company who needs the LEAST amount of protection, is beyond me.

To me it's not so much protecting Cena as it is telling the story of the "evil cult bad guys" who used numbers to beat Cena. We all know eventually Cena will find a way to "overcome the odds" which will probably include some stupid swerve involving the creepy kid being brainwashed and somehow he finally snaps out of it to help Cena. Ugh... yeah I can't wait for Cena to finally go away.

In other news Al Jazeera America wrote an article about the WWE. Nothing new here that hasn't been said elsewhere but worth reading.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/5/wrestling-labor-wwevincemcmahonultimatewarrior.html

But the thing is Cena won clean at Wrestlemania.  In order for Bray to beat Cena, he had to not only have Harper and Rowan help him, but a little kid creep Cena out.  Even that wasn't enough for Bray to get a pinfall of all things.  In terms of a burial, that's what the match was, and Cena was the one doing the burying.  The story acted like Cena lost at WM30, but didn't, so ultimately everything in this story past that is moot.

Cena's super meter is at 83 percent and rising.  I wonder if Wade Barrett has given Bray the bad news about what a blowoff match with Cena means.

Ryback's soul is still inside that ambulance somewhere.

I think I would have been into the match more if they had saved the choir from Raw for tonight and they surrounded the ring to stop Cena from escaping/distract him, allowing Bray to win.  It would have made a cool visual with Cena trapped in the cage surrounded by tiny sheep.

As much as I love Bray and the whole Wyatt Family, I'm scared that the little kid tonight was a jumping the shark moment.
No, that'd be Cena winning at Wrestlemania. At that point, everything after makes no sense story-wise. They should really just do a 3-on-1 match next month so Cena can bury all of the Wyatts in one go, though this was pretty damn close. Maybe a Little Johnny on a Pole match.

Also, I hope they don't do another Kane-Bryan match next month. Give Orton to Bryan or turn Sheamus heel so he can face him in a good main even title match.

Finally, after beating Evolution, I don't know who else the company can feed to The Shield. Maybe you do Reigns vs. HHH, but you still have Rollins and Reigns that need to do something. Maybe they should go for the Tag Titles again. Seriously, The Shield is pure gold right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back