Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help asking myself... Why are Charlotte and Natalya wresting on NXT and not a WWE PPV? 

...Very good match and "special event" all around. 

On the post show, Triple H said the plan right now is to do these NXT Special Events quarterly. So that's 16 total "Special Events/PPVs" a year with WWE Network.

Holy shit this new Tyler Breeze theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiV9mMp2lqk

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamecube Wii U Adapter Reveal

iTKaBLWQturn8.gif

This made me legit laugh out loud.

tumblr_n6d5gjdSdD1s2b47zo1_500.png

well signed up to the  WWE network.

watch that tuesday main event with no problems. was going to  watch NXT  TAKEOVER  but was sick as hell.   Waiting to see if the PPV  will lag major tonight 

I havent had issue with any of the PPVs or live events lagging at all, so dont count it that. The worst I have seen is the video will skip back a second and youll rewatch the same second twice.

I've had the network freeze once. It was during Clash of the Champions. No hiccups during live streaming whatsoever, even Wrestlemania.

I have only had 1 minor issue with streaming during a PPV. During the Taker/Lesnar match at mania, right near the end for some reason my feed started coming from some wacky alternate universe where Lesnar actually pinned Taker. Since then ever WWE program keeps coming from this same wacky alternate reality.

Someone is uploading live feeds from old episodes of WCW Nitro and Thunder.. I can't believe this footage still exists

http://www.youtube.com/user/thewcwfeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0jjvRay6n8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCdaye5EwY

Skip to 16:24 for "Shithead Tenay"

Watching old Nitro always reminds me of how bad WCW was. I'll never forget Doug Dillinger taking my Goldberg Sux sign at the Nitro where Ric Flair returned to join Mongo, AA, and Crispin Wah.

EDIT: Oh fuck, he's got footage from that night. Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Nv-IWFV-s

EDIT #2: Sadly, after watching the whole video, it's not very interesting. Of course, it wasn't very interesting in person either, but the show was pretty decent.

Watching old Nitro always reminds me of how bad WCW was. I'll never forget Doug Dillinger taking my Goldberg Sux sign at the Nitro where Ric Flair returned to join Mongo, AA, and Crispin Wah.
Dillinger was a real stickler for spelling.

Is it sad that the match I am most looking forward to seeing tonight is the Hair vs Mask match between Hornswaggle and El Torito?

I'm seeing some buffering but I was getting the same thing on Twitch so it might just be my internet.

Bad News incoming.

Just noticed, three lions on his arse.

Pretty sure El Torito has a dildo taped to his ass.
I said the same fucking thing on Twitter. Glad to know it wasn't just me.

Also, Steph's comment about CM Punk was completely dumped out on my WWE Network stream. Like it skipped forward 1 second on its own or something.

Just saw BroShirt without the BroShirt, threw me off. Also saw white Jacket Guy. Looking for the regular fans has been more entertaining than this PPV.

Guess they didn't want to use ducttape again. Also it looks like we know where the pyro is controlled from after someone didn't watch where they were being thrown. Set off some pyro.

For some reason, the app works good on my 360. I try it on the Xbox one and keep getting an error. Anybody else having a problem?

I watched the entire stream from my XB1. Just restarted console and I was able to enter the App and stream. Apparently Hornswoggle was doing a post match press conference for some reason.

This show definitely over-delivered. Bray-Cena was their best overall match yet, although it felt a bit like Sting-Hogan with a lot of that being due to guys who weren't in the match. Bray took that step shot like a champ though. Sheamus-Cesaro was a perfect opener and wound up being their best match yet. RVD-Barrett was okay, and a bit more memorable thanks to the missed elbow on the post. Torito-Hornswoggle was a laugh riot at times, and goofy bullshit for the wrong reasons at other times. Alicia-Paige was pretty decent, but it didn't hold a patch to the NXT women's title match on Thursday. The Shield-Evolution match wasn't exactly bad, but was...oddly crafted. The storyline should've been a tornado match again, but nope, it's regular rules...except for when it's a crazy brawl. This told a good story overall, but was a bit of a cluster.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/wwe-payback-2014.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8aeg3qbwqapbff6d8nzvgl1unqmdiqpr

Post-show has Hornswoggle being amazing and Cena basically saying that the feud will continue and he now respects Bray.

AND AMBROSE IS PUTTING HIS HEAD ON THE TABLE FOR THE PRESS CONFERENCE!

#demtitties

Stream worked with no issues for me on Xbone. And it may be because I don't feel like as much is on the line now (since I'm only paying 10 bucks to see the show) but the PPV was perfectly fine to me. Didn't blow me away but the two mains were good.

Also, I think Steph shit herself or something during the Bryan segment.

bUewBlG.jpg

Stream worked with no issues for me on Xbone. And it may be because I don't feel like as much is on the line now (since I'm only paying 10 bucks to see the show) but the PPV was perfectly fine to me. Didn't blow me away but the two mains were good.

Also, I think Steph shit herself or something during the Bryan segment.

bUewBlG.jpg
It's the lighting hitting her dress. I just watched that segment again to make sure. haha

Weird, I've seen multiple screenshots from those few seconds that make it look like she did. Haven't watched it back myself though so I'll take your word for it.

Not to mention every time I see Wyatt's tattoos I think his arm is horribly scratched up and bleeding, so paying rapt attention to wrestling shows isn't my best attribute.

I didn't care much for Payback to be honest. The main event was a mess and it was very obvious anyways who was coming out on top. The ending to Cena vs Wyatt was so awful. And once again Cena completely no sells the damage he took during the match afterwards. The best thing on the show for me was the pre-show Hornswoggle vs Torito match which while wasn't as good as the match from last month I still enjoyed it. I'm really getting tired of the Rusev squash matches can they finally do something with this guy like put him in a feud that actually feels like something a step above him beating down a jobber.

And for god sakes speaking of things I am tired of I am beyond tired of some variation of a heel McMahon authority figure. 1997 called here WWE and wants you to stop this crap.

Also Jay... seriously 14 screen caps? Dude that's really over kill. Just saying.

I thought Rusev and Big E did a great job in their short match.  Terrified every time Big E does that spear though.

Really didn't enjoy Cena/Wyatt - at best it took away from the Evolution/Shield match with it being 3 on 3 for a good amount of time.  Seemed like a lot of poor production during the match too - completely missing the Sister Abigail into the barrier and showing that Bray could probably just kinda slide himself out of the box..but then also showing the one Uso brother and Harper setting up the dive into the table for far too long.

Shield/Evolution was just a strange thing to behold..especially that weird shirtless Jesus Reigns sequence and everyone crawl-racing Seth Rollins back to the ring. 

Some really cool visuals afterwards though with Reigns crawling over for handshakes with Rollins and Ambrose, then posing over Triple H and the sledgehammer.

Yeah, I'm not sure who he could feud with at the moment though.  Maybe Ziggler?  Midcard face who will definitely lose but will help Rusev look good.

Feels like Big E, Ziggler, and RVD are the only semi-viable faces at the level he should be at right now.  Too soon to push into title matches.

I didn't care much for Payback to be honest. The main event was a mess and it was very obvious anyways who was coming out on top. The ending to Cena vs Wyatt was so awful. And once again Cena completely no sells the damage he took during the match afterwards. The best thing on the show for me was the pre-show Hornswoggle vs Torito match which while wasn't as good as the match from last month I still enjoyed it. I'm really getting tired of the Rusev squash matches can they finally do something with this guy like put him in a feud that actually feels like something a step above him beating down a jobber.

And for god sakes speaking of things I am tired of I am beyond tired of some variation of a heel McMahon authority figure. 1997 called here WWE and wants you to stop this crap.

Also Jay... seriously 14 screen caps? Dude that's really over kill. Just saying.
yea it was probally 15 years since we got a PPV and told my cousins we now have the WWE NETWORK and can watch for free. did not have any major problems (stream slowed down a few times during the last match (picture got blurred for few seconds)

she was like what the fuck is this crap. Awful ppv hopefully money in the bank will be better. ALSO shows they will split the belts cause they are pushing 2 ladder matches

It's not that Rusev is bad but... I just wish they would finally give him something more meaningful to do other than short squash matches.
I really hope they continue the Big E feud and let them have an actual match, for their size, both of those dudes can move.

I know it's mostly pointless to mention, but CM Punk would be the perfect guy to have a lengthy feud with Rusev. I really loved the few matches he and Mark Henry put on about a year ago.

I was hoping for some good Alicia Fox antics. She has gone apeshit on th past 2 episodes of RAW, so it should have continued.

I don't usually watch PPVs, but my friend has the network, so I watched it. I mainly watched for 2 things--Cena/Wyatt and SHIELD beating Evolution's ass. I missed Hornswoggle and El Torito. I missed about half of the Cesaro match, and missed part of RVD and BNB.

Overall it was pretty good. When Cena threw the stairs, that was the shit right there.

I wish RVD would have won, but he will get another chance.

I still don't like Bo Dallas. He smiles too much and hugs too much for me. He needs his ass beat.

Seth Rollins is a ninja, Roman Reigns is a horse, and Dean Ambrose is somewhat insane.

I wish RVD would have won, but he will get another chance.

I still don't like Bo Dallas. He smiles too much and hugs too much for me. He needs his ass beat.
I wish RVD would retire, as well as anyone else who was around during the Attitude Era.

That is what Bo Dallas' gimmick is all about! Hes overly "nice" so that the fan wants to see him get the smile knocked off his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back