Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014-07-28-bryan-burglar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear it said something besides "With 6 month commitment" next to the asterisk in the Summerslam promos last night but don't have a DVR to check.

I turned Raw off after 2 hours last night.  It was good, but it wasn't on par with last week's show.  The first 30 minutes was great.  The match wasn't super clean, but it was still pretty good.  The Paige-AJ angle was good. Stephanie was superb once again.  Zeb...great promo.  The wrestling was mostly forgettable though, which is the biggest negative I have.

I want to get the WWE network soon, just haven't jumped into it just yet. I think I'll end up getting it around before SummerSlam. 

WWE Network is nice, but I think I watched everything I wanted in that free week trial a couple weeks ago. I mean everything, I made that 1 week feel like months. I don't know if I'll ever sign up for it.

only time i even watch the network in the past month was just for the ppvs, not worth hooking up all of the crap just to watch 1 to 2 hours of wrestling.
What do you have to hook up? Do you not have a single video game system hooked up to your TV? And the PPVs are 3 hours, unless you're saying you don't watch the whole shows.

They are definitely still doing the 6 month commitment. I know this for a fact. After recently getting a new debit card number, I forgot to change my information on WWE.com. The July 24 payment failed to charge and my account was "suspended". After entering the proper info, my subscription was reactivated... with a January 24 expiration date. Doesn't bother me since I actually like WWE and don't want to cancel my subscription, but I'm sure others will take this as another strike against WWE Network.

The 6 month commitment is there so that people dont spend the $10 a month, watch the PPV they want and then cancel the next month. If they dropped the PPVs from the Network I would assume that commitment would vanish as well.

I could not be happier with the Network personally, and think any wrestling fan is doing a great injustice to them self by not having it. I may change my tune if they start adding commercials like Hulu Plus has, but for now I love it.

...why are people arguing with sludecage? It's slidecage.

-----

WWE is in a rough spot. I don't expect good numbers on subscribers, but if they price hike this early they'll probably just start losing people. They also need to really clamp down on abusive account sharing, I've seen multiple people that are sharing logins with like half a dozen people scattered around the country.

No way they give up on the network any time in between now and I'd guess at least 2016. Way too much effort and resources went into it. They kind of banked their future on it. While I don't think cable companies would tell them to fuck off if WWE "came crawling back," I don't expect WWE would have nearly as much leverages that may have had in the past.

And yeah, all the usual complaints...needs more features to be on par with Netflix, searching isn't very good, where is Nitro, etc.

I'll probably renew because I want it to succeed, but admittedly I don't watch it a ton. I'll mostly just think of something random like "I want to see Vader's WWF debut" or "I want to hear Gorilla Monsoon scream 'STOP!!' at Rob Bartlett's crappy Vince impression," watch it, and then exit.

I can tell you right now, if they drop the monthly PPV's, I'm out from the Network as I'd suspect a lot of others would be too. Right now it's almost too good for the money, but why bother subscribing realistically when I can go to any sports bar type restaurant or simply watch a stream with some annoying ads that I can adblock. Sorry, but the product isn't worth more than $10 a month at this point, and even though I pay for DirecTV, I still watch streams of RAW when I can simply because it's convenient to have it on in a tab while I'm doing other shit than it is to tie up my television.

Come to think of it, if RAW/Smackdown were broadcast in real time on the Network, I'd probably be okay with $20 a month even with a shitty product. If they in turn offered live RAW/Smackdowns and charged Network subscribers $10-20 a month for the PPV's, I might even consider sticking it out, but it'd have to be an either/or situation. The service rules right now, but they either need to offer one or the other to sustain subscribers IMO.

and i picture  all of you as  welfare stupid mother    sitting on your lazy  ass  having more  children so you don't have to work you  mother fucking pricks  

so you can go fuck yourself    you fucking inbreed cross breeding mother fuckers  who  are too lazy to get off their asses  and expect free handouts for the rest of your  mother fucking lives  so you go     fuck yourself 

go  complain to obama and call me me name all you want  you  stupid mother fucking cunts    maybe one day you will get off your mother fucking asses and get a  job   BUT wait i second what am i talking about     you will cry and go  

O  THE ONLY REASON YOUR CUTTING OUR WELFARE  CAUSE WE ARE  BLACK AND THE WHITE MAN IS  TAKEN ALL THE CASH

No we are   lazy like you son of bitches who just keep having more and more children  and think that    EVERYONE  SHOULD RAISE AND PAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN   so you can all go  fuck yourself     I dont give a  flying   fuck IF I  GET BAN FOR THIS    My sister is slow and you can  make fun of  people being retarded and call me  name so   fuck YOU AND fuck THIS SITE    

so you  can take whatever you think of me and   CRAM IT UP YOUR MOTHER fuckING ASS    Have fun  getting those  food stamp  cashed  in.  I Hope obama makes all of these illegal  children  LEGAL and  then goes the only way we can afford them is to take the people on FOOD STAMPS NOW AND  CUT IT IN HALF   then we see how many people support it. YOu stupid mother fuckers   

fuck you 

and i picture all of you as welfare stupid mother sitting on your lazy ass having more children so you don't have to work you mother fucking pricks

so you can go fuck yourself you fucking inbreed cross breeding mother fuckers who are too lazy to get off their asses and expect free handouts for the rest of your mother fucking lives so you go fuck yourself

go complain to obama and call me me name all you want you stupid mother fucking cunts maybe one day you will get off your mother fucking asses and get a job BUT wait i second what am i talking about you will cry and go

O THE ONLY REASON YOUR CUTTING OUR WELFARE CAUSE WE ARE BLACK AND THE WHITE MAN IS TAKEN ALL THE CASH

No we are lazy like you son of bitches who just keep having more and more children and think that EVERYONE SHOULD RAISE AND PAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN so you can all go fuck yourself I dont give a flying fuck IF I GET BAN FOR THIS My sister is slow and you can make fun of people being retarded and call me name so fuck YOU AND fuck THIS SITE

so you can take whatever you think of me and CRAM IT UP YOUR MOTHER fuckING ASS Have fun getting those food stamp cashed in. I Hope obama makes all of these illegal children LEGAL and then goes the only way we can afford them is to take the people on FOOD STAMPS NOW AND CUT IT IN HALF then we see how many people support it. YOu stupid mother fuckers

fuck you
and this is why the WWE network is going back to cable networks .. THANKS OBAMA!

Probably reading too much into it, but at the WWE SDCC panel, Mattel was unveiling upcoming WWE figures. Specifically, the defining moments line, which highlights a specific event and outfit that wrestler wore. When they unveiled Sting, they had a "Summerslam" banner show up above his figure. Anyone else see that? I really want to believe that he'll finally make an appearance. Realistically, I know he won't, but I want to bo-lieve.
I find the bio dallas schtick to be hilarious. Plays off very well as the obnoxious heel.

Wow. Didn't expect that from slidecage.

Hey MODS (assuming one ends up in here because of slidecage): I just had my 10 year CAGiversary and today is my birthday. Can you ban starmask and really make this a day to remember? ;-)

Holy shit.. Slidecage has some pent up anger man.... Damn who knew. Guess all those years of having his mail stolen, getting the wrong thing in the mail, shit being broken etc has really done its number on him. 

Wow. Didn't expect that from slidecage.

Hey MODS (assuming one ends up in here because of slidecage): I just had my 10 year CAGiversary and today is my birthday. Can you ban starmask and really make this a day to remember? ;-)
I would not be opposed to this.

In fact, I'd be Matt Youngin' it if this happened .. on any day. But today, especially.

I find it pretty ironic that HeroToTheMasses finds that picture to be offensive when he posted that someone was "giddier than a pedophile in a nursery".

That's some pretty disgusting shit if you ask me. 

Some people man, some people. You've got to pick your battles.

Back to wrestling: I HATED Jakks figures because 99% of them were not very posable. My little brothers would always say "Why don't the legs move more?" or "Man these things are hard to do moves with". They are wrestling toys, you should be able to act out something resembling a wrestling match. They had all the flexibility of current era Hulk Hogan.

The only except to this: The Hasbro figures...because they kicked so much ass. I would love to see Hasbro and WWE do a limited run of some legends that never got a Hasbro era figure or hell even some current guys. I know several people make custom Hasbro figures but it isn't the same.  

Some side news (411mania.com)

"The newspaper The Irish Mirror has said that Sheamus will play Darth Vader in Star Wars: Episode VII, which is currently filming in Ireland. Sheamus has actually appeared as Darth Vader for Star Wars promotional tours in the past. He's currently not listed as a cast member on IMDB and the Darth Vader character hasn't even been announced for the film."

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/330455/Sheamus-Rumored-To-Play-Darth-Vader-In-Star-Wars:whistle2:Episode-VII?.htm

Back to wrestling: I HATED Jakks figures because 99% of them were not very posable. My little brothers would always say "Why don't the legs move more?" or "Man these things are hard to do moves with". They are wrestling toys, you should be able to act out something resembling a wrestling match. They had all the flexibility of current era Hulk Hogan.

The only except to this: The Hasbro figures...because they kicked so much ass. I would love to see Hasbro and WWE do a limited run of some legends that never got a Hasbro era figure or hell even some current guys. I know several people make custom Hasbro figures but it isn't the same.
Jakks figures were god awful. I could excuse the ones that were released in the first few series, but as time went on they used the same mold for every single figure. Earl Hebner and Joey Styles were just as jacked as Brock Lesnar. Ridiculous.

I always thought the non posable WCW Galoob figures from the mid 90s were the best. The guys were pretty accurate when it came to scale, and they actually looked like who they were supposed to be. Even the strap on Rick Steiners shoulder was twisted. The poses they were in were mostly good for playing with them, with exception of Ron Simmons, and Lex Luger (Luger wasnt as bad). whose arms were just in stupid positions. I wish they made more of those.

I loved the Jakks figures. Loved them. Had to sell them when I was strapped for cash, though. I had several hundred.. everything from Series 1 to whatever was current at the time.

I have a feeling I'm about to dive into collecting Hasbro figures.. but man, they're really expensive.

Some side news (411mania.com)

"The newspaper The Irish Mirror has said that Sheamus will play Darth Vader in Star Wars: Episode VII, which is currently filming in Ireland. Sheamus has actually appeared as Darth Vader for Star Wars promotional tours in the past. He's currently not listed as a cast member on IMDB and the Darth Vader character hasn't even been announced for the film."

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/330455/Sheamus-Rumored-To-Play-Darth-Vader-In-Star-Wars:whistle2:Episode-VII?.htm
That was a good laugh. How many pints did someone have to down to come up with that idea?

I loved the Jakks figures. Loved them. Had to sell them when I was strapped for cash, though. I had several hundred.. everything from Series 1 to whatever was current at the time.

I have a feeling I'm about to dive into collecting Hasbro figures.. but man, they're really expensive.
I have some that are still sealed if you'd like to negotiate a trade someday.

Jakks figures were also notoriously awful at any facial detail, especially with females. Ugh.

I have the original ring with WWF championship belt from the very early 1990s along with figures like Macho King, Honky Tonk Man, Jake Roberts, etc. They were the ones that each had spring-loaded actions. I also have a squishy Ultimate Warrior head you can fill with water and squirt that out his mouth.

I have a ton of the 1996-1998 Jakks "Bone Crunchin' Action" figures, along with both the 1998 Raw ring and the earlier standard ring with red, white, and blue ropes and the logos of the 4 major PPVs on the sides. I also have all the championship belts from just before the Attitude Era changeover after WM 14. Those came in a set along with the figures of the champs who held them at the time.

The best ones were from WCW in the mid-late 90s. They were tall, made of hard plastic, and they vibrated when you pushed a button on the side. I have Hollywood Hogan (with title belt), Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sting, and The Giant. I'll bet that Nash figure has been used in immoral ways by members of the Official Kevin Nash Fan Club.

It's not unreasonable. I mean, Kevin Nash did play Shredder, and Sheamus has played Darth Vader before.
He dressed up as him on a promo tour. I'd hardly consider that playing Darth Vader. And the less said about Nash's acting career, the better.

WHY DID THE FIGURES VIBRATE?
Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.

Oh man, sealed Jakks.. I have a few. I'd love to get the earlier series of stuff.

When I was 11 or 12, I'd hang the belt down from the ceiling with yarn or something and have ladder matches. It was awesome.

I wonder how many figures I have laying around in storage. I know that I definitely still have Jim Ross, I didn't want to sell him.

Also have a dark/tan Hulk Hogan from a WCW line, still sealed. It was a production error. They said that 2,000 or so got out before they caught the error.

WHY DID THE FIGURES VIBRATE?
Its a Vince Russo idea.

That original WWF wrestling ring with belt was cool, until they changed them and added these stupid flat pieces on top of the corner posts. I suppose it was for people to use the jumping action the dolls had, but seriously, who ever used that? I was so pissed when I finally got my ring and it had those dumb flat pieces on them.

That original WWF ring was amazing. I still have it (it's in kind of rough shape though) but I lost the WWF Title Belt years ago.

I thought all they had left was the Spanish announce table, always really ignored any flesh that supposedly sat there.

Looks like Ricardo Rodriguez got "future endeavored" today. There's supposedly going to be more cuts in the next two days(up to 10% of WWE's work force).
That really sucks. He used to wrestle around here. I met him soon before he went to WWE since he was dating a friend of mine. I even have a picture of me wearing his mask.

I thought all they had left was the Spanish announce table, always really ignored any flesh that supposedly sat there.
That's what I thought too. I thought they did the spanish commentary back at WWE studios for Raw & Smackdown, while only doing it live for PPVs.

At this point, I think they're just looking talent to cut. Since he hasn't wrestled that much on NXT or in WWE in the past year, they just decided to release him. Wonder if they release Santino too, as he's now retired and apparently still on the payroll.

I find the bio dallas schtick to be hilarious. Plays off very well as the obnoxious heel.
I am starting to like Bo Dallas. I want to hit him less every week.

Holy shit.. Slidecage has some pent up anger man.... Damn who knew. Guess all those years of having his mail stolen, getting the wrong thing in the mail, shit being broken etc has really done its number on him.
Don't forget the number of retail stores that have boned him. Guy can't catch a break.

That's what I thought too. I thought they did the spanish commentary back at WWE studios for Raw & Smackdown, while only doing it live for PPVs.

At this point, I think they're just looking talent to cut. Since he hasn't wrestled that much on NXT or in WWE in the past year, they just decided to release him. Wonder if they release Santino too, as he's now retired and apparently still on the payroll.
I'm pretty sure that's how they do it since they don't do Raw live in Spanish as far as I know. (I think it airs on Wednesdays.) He just did such a good job during his English segments I sort of assumed it translated well on commentary. Although I think they had three Spanish announcers with Ricardo and two is plenty.

Oh man, sealed Jakks.. I have a few. I'd love to get the earlier series of stuff.

When I was 11 or 12, I'd hang the belt down from the ceiling with yarn or something and have ladder matches. It was awesome.

I wonder how many figures I have laying around in storage. I know that I definitely still have Jim Ross, I didn't want to sell him.

Also have a dark/tan Hulk Hogan from a WCW line, still sealed. It was a production error. They said that 2,000 or so got out before they caught the error.
Jim Ross with "War Tony" on his shirt?

Jakks did weird stuff like that over the years. My favorite is when they put out a Smackdown stage that came with Big Show..but his shirt had Al Snow on it.

4432_figure2.jpg

HEADS UP REMINDER 

for those who signed up under the   WWE NETWORK  FRIENDS  and got a  25 buck gift card.  The gift cards  expire tomorrow 

ended up with

Ext. rules  2009

Money in the bank 2010

night of champions  2009

elimation chamber  blu ray-dvd combo 2011

and

NXT  Takeover shirt 

for  7 bucks ship

Also remember  WELCOME5  TAKES  5 bucks off the order

figure in  1.50 for each  dvd  an   buck for the shirt.  Nothing else worth buying for 25 

Nothing? I feel like buying PPV's is a bit redundant when you have the network. Didn't even want a Sting shirt? That's what I would've went for.

The Jim Ross I have did indeed have WAR TONY on the shirt.

I still have some sealed Jakks stuff. At least some of the first series. I know it included Taker, Razor, Goldust, Diesel, and a few others.

Best thing I have from the early Jakks run was the Kane with removable mask - that is, from like 1997-98, years before he actually took it off. Reasonably sure it was the cost Ksane figure. Probably shouldn't have opened it since it was one of those "only two per box" things or whatever, but I had to see what they did. It was really odd...just a dude with a goatee that has a bizarre red tattoo-looking thing on the right side of his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back