Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought tickets for my wife and I to attend Monday Night Raw in Portland Oregon on the 11th. Haven't been to a live show for awhile, hopefully it will be fun. Anyone happen to know if they still sell replica belts at live events?

Also: I'm bringing a sign to the event; anyone have suggestions what I should have it say in case I'm shown on camera?
06.jpg
all the sign you need

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought tickets for my wife and I to attend Monday Night Raw in Portland Oregon on the 11th. Haven't been to a live show for awhile, hopefully it will be fun. Anyone happen to know if they still sell replica belts at live events?
They had a belt at Battleground, it was $400.

That's expensive....I assume they were selling both the WHC and WWE title separately for that price? or just the WWE title?
That's cheap compared to their website. They only sell the WWE title at live shows to my knowledge.

If you want a belt, it's best to buy one on WWE Shop when they have one of those % off sales

I think the LJN games I was referring to were:

Back to the Future

Back to the Future 2 & 3

Jaws

Karate Kid

Roger Rabbit

There are probably a few more, but generally I got to rent one game per weekend as a kid. Those games ruined weekends LOL.

NBC just showed the Cena/Wyatt and Undertaker/Lesnar match from Wrestlemania XXX. I still can't believe Taker lost.

I think the LJN games I was referring to were:
Back to the Future
Back to the Future 2 & 3
Jaws
Karate Kid
Roger Rabbit

There are probably a few more, but generally I got to rent one game per weekend as a kid. Those games ruined weekends LOL.

NBC just showed the Cena/Wyatt and Undertaker/Lesnar match from Wrestlemania XXX. I still can't believe Taker lost.
Ok then, yes those games were all terrible. Awesome movies though!

Definitely not the best two matches to show in terms of the Wrestlemania card but I guess the point of the NBC special this year is to sell Summerslam.

Surprised they got such a good timeslot for it too - immediately leading into the first NFL game of the year rather than the Saturday night one they usually get.

Watching this week's NXT...

I'm not sure Becky Lynch getting turned into Pre-Shield Seth Rollins and headbanging is better or worse than Becky Lynch: Bad Irish Jig Dancer.

It's being rumored that that WWE is looking at other ways to cut costs now.   Rumors are that they going to start doing Raw/Smackdown supershows(doing Raw & Smackdown the same night) again at the beginning of the year.  They're also supposedly going to cut back on the amount of fireworks/pyro used for Wrestlemania. 

Which I'm kinda glad about the pyro, as it'll look more like a wrestling show w/o it.  But if the taping thing is true, I guess we'll find out SD's taping results monday nights starting next year. 

It is. IGN has a little info on the career mode and ths next evolution of the 30 Years of WM style mode, this time focusing on 2 specific (yet unnamed) rivalries.

But that Hulkamania Collector's Edition... I want it so badly.

Someone please post when bestbuy or Amazon has this for sale I haven't bought a wrestling game since wrestlemania 2000, but the funko figure, signature, and ring piece had me sold on this one.With GCU it would definitely be worth the price

Gamestop has it now, maybe would buy it if it was $79.99. $99.99 is way too much for that. The autograph and canvas might be fun for memorabilia collectors. The Funko doll and Hogan DLC would be all I was interested in, not for $40 extra though.

Gamestop has it now, maybe would buy it if it was $79.99. $99.99 is way too much for that. The autograph and canvas might be fun for memorabilia collectors. The Funko doll and Hogan DLC would be all I was interested in, not for $40 extra though.
Im with you there. 79.99 and i would have jumped onto this. 100 bucks for hogan shit is a no thanks. now if this had been a Sting doll.... maybe

I'm going to get that Hogan edition, but I still haven't decided which system I'm going to get first and stick with as my primary for this generation: :???:
I bought both systems from Amazon Warehouse deals and have yet to decide on a primary, I've just been buying exclusives. You can always pre-order for both and cancel one closer to October.

No prob figured its best to leave it here for awhile so true wrestling fans can get a shot at it instead of resellers

If they're serious about the Raw/Smackdown supershows then I guess they're prepared to pipe in or edit some noise in for Smackdown because I can't imagine a crowd making it through 5 hours like that.

What kind of money do house shows bring in? Are they that much cheaper without a production crew, are the tickets bringing that much in, or is it just a way to keep up fan interest in smaller towns? Or just a combination of all of the above? How's the attendance at these events?

It's being rumored that that WWE is looking at other ways to cut costs now. Rumors are that they going to start doing Raw/Smackdown supershows(doing Raw & Smackdown the same night) again at the beginning of the year. They're also supposedly going to cut back on the amount of fireworks/pyro used for Wrestlemania.

Which I'm kinda glad about the pyro, as it'll look more like a wrestling show w/o it. But if the taping thing is true, I guess we'll find out SD's taping results monday nights starting next year.
If they add a few matches to a Raw that could be interesting. Smackdown is usually 1 hour of replay, a Divas match, a mid card, and Reigns/Orton/Ambrose/Wyatts/etc. match that lasts for 15 minutes.

It sucks when they come to WV this year it's not going to be a taped event. Still gonna go though.

Have they said if Universe mode is coming back?
When did Universe mode start? I overheard someone returning WWE 13 b/c "it didn't have single player mode" and I tried to tell them that's what Universe mode was but they were too redneck to understand me.

I think it was SvR 2011, am I correct?

That's a quick turnaround from Smackdown possibly going live every week to not even getting a separate taping.

Personally I like the Supershow idea...more value for your ticket purchase.  I loved those joint Smackdown/WWECW tapings.

Plus it might stop the current trend of Smackdown tapings being practice for next week's Raw.

That's not the same. They were taping 2 hours of Smackdown (really an hour and 35 minutes) at that time along with 1 hour of ECW. Raw is now 3 hours, so even an hour and a half of Smackdown would push that to 4.5 hours. And what about Superstars and Main Event? When do the international TV contracts for those run out?

The night after SummerSlam 2010, WWE taped Superstars, a live Raw, and the following week's Raw at Staples Center. The shows weren't bad, but it was just too much at once. WrestleMania can go that long because it's mostly big time matches. But on the night in question, I had to hear Cena and The Nexus' themes about 23 times each and it got tiring. Plus there was a big dark match battle royal.

I knew I missed the WM30 replay on NBC this time around. I was going to watch it just because, but oh well. Anyways, the Hulk Hogan Edition of WWE 2K15 looks awesome, but there's no way I'm spending that much. Totally not worth it. 

I knew I missed the WM30 replay on NBC this time around. I was going to watch it just because, but oh well. Anyways, the Hulk Hogan Edition of WWE 2K15 looks awesome, but there's no way I'm spending that much. Totally not worth it.
dont know why they just dont put the entire WM30 on NBC this is the 2nd time its been on and they just show different matches.

Because they want to encourage people to buy next year's event instead of waiting for the whole thing to be released for free on TV.

The shilling for the Network tonight is SO BAD.  It's going to become a meme.

At least Lesnar's promo was amazing.

I turned Raw off after the Reigns/Kane match because of the constant shilling. It makes me want to not renew. fuck them, their low numbers, and their pathetic not-so-subtle attempt (and failure) to get 9.99 trending.

It's like they're shitting on their own constant shilling by doing even more obnoxious shilling as a fuck you for not getting them to their target numbers.

Meant to say this sooner when I was catching up on Hulu Plus.

But tonight proved once again that Dean Ambrose is the man. Great in ring style, great on the mic, great facial expressions, sells like a champ.  I would love to see him pushed to the moon. 

Meant to say this sooner when I was catching up on Hulu Plus.

But tonight proved once again that Dean Ambrose is the man. Great in ring style, great on the mic, great facial expressions, sells like a champ. I would love to see him pushed to the moon.
Which is precisely why they'll bury him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back