Ultraviolet Movie Question

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
I enjoy the UV format, some do some don't, not the point of the topic.

Does anyone know a place that lists what quality a movie will be with an UV code? For example I want to get RE Degeneration, Prometheus, and Dark Shadows on UV, but only if they are in HD/HDX.

Does anyone know what quality they are and/or a place that lists such information?

I would enjoy it if i was able to connect my ultraviolet and flikster account with it. No matter what i do i cant get it to work.

Some how I have two accounts with them. Every now and then I send an email asking if they can be merged, but they always tell me it is a feature they are working on. My Flixster links to one account and my movies that I got for free from the digital downloads are to another. I think I might even have some other movies out there from different sites. I remember I had to sign up to a few movie sites like Sony and Paramount to get the digital movies. I think I have to watch them on their site, but I can't remember what they are.

It is good to know that some of the digital downloads from the movies I buy might be in HD. I think the two that I have registered were SD even though they came with the BluRay.

I love ultraviolet. It's much better than iTunes. You can have family members on the account. I have family members that don't use computers and they can still stream the ultraviolet copies to their TV's through the on TV app.

[quote name='Blaster man']I love ultraviolet. It's much better than iTunes. You can have family members on the account. I have family members that don't use computers and they can still stream the ultraviolet copies to their TV's through the on TV app.[/QUOTE]
I agree amd you can also download the movie if you want. I think all sony and Paramount movies come with the HDX Ultraviolet copy now.

Alright, I'm having problems tonight. I'm trying to stream Prometheus through the VUDU app and it keeps shitting it's pants and shutting down. Something tells me that VUDU isn't capable of handling the demand right now. I was watching on the 360 but after I gave up on that, I tried the PS3. I had similar problems so now I'm trying to download it to the PS3. The Xbox doesn't have a download option.

I finished watching Prometheus and man, those are the dumbest scientists ever. I won't get all spoilery or anything but man, it's like you take all the dumb ass cliche shit that people do in movies and put them into a sci-fi environment and there you have it. No human would do some of that shit.

[quote name='Blaster man']I love ultraviolet. It's much better than iTunes. You can have family members on the account. I have family members that don't use computers and they can still stream the ultraviolet copies to their TV's through the on TV app.[/QUOTE]

Amen. I love UV. I just strip the digital copies out now and trade the discs back into MovieStop. I do most of my movie watching from my iPod, anyway.

I fail to see the benefit of Digital copies now with UV out there.

I have a PC (duh), two PS3's, 360, Vita, and an android tablet. Granted UV doesn't work for the Vita or android....yet, I hope it gets support there. But if I want to watch my DC copy I would need to have it take up space on every single device I may want to watch it on.

With UV I just hit start and watch it, if my bandwith sucks, which it kind of does. I can just download it and watch it later. It offers all the same benefits of DC along with the benefits of cloud streaming.

Yep, I really like the fact that I can download HD copies on my PS3. I think they still have a way to go to really get everyone on board. The VUDU integration was huge in my opinion. I think they need to make it so you can watch HD streams on your PC too,, as well as be able to download them on there too (only SD streams available I believe). I think only the PS3 allows you to DL HD copies

I really like how they made the code for The Hunger Games, (and probably other movies) to work for both iTunes and UV. I think that's the best way to do it in the immediate future as it will allow iTunes DC faithfuls to get a taste of what UV is like without losing anything.

The other nice part about UV/VUDU is Wal-Mart itself.....which disturbs me to even say.

For $2 they will put a bluray you own, if it is on the list, on to your VUDU/UV locker so you can stream. $2 to do that is a great deal. It's basically netflix...that you own.

I don't even know how ultraviolet works. I can only seem to get it to play through the flixter app, I don't know what apps to use on 360 or ps3, or PC even unless it's straight from the website I use to input the digital copy code.

[quote name='Finch106']I don't even know how ultraviolet works. I can only seem to get it to play through the flixter app, I don't know what apps to use on 360 or ps3, or PC even unless it's straight from the website I use to input the digital copy code.[/QUOTE]

Link it to a vudu acct and you can watch them on alif those devices.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Link it to a vudu acct and you can watch them on alif those devices.[/QUOTE]

Well thank you ill do that. I have an account for a movie companies ultraviolet linked to flixter, I can't keep up with all of this.

You'll love VUDU, then. It's the one stop shop for all of your UV movies once all the other sites are linked to it.

I seem to have issues playing on my PC from VUDU, but the iPod, 360 and PS3 are awesome!

Are both the UV and iTunes digital copy can used at the same time or is it one or the other? I'm new to this UV and digital copy download too.

For now you can redeem the code through both uv retailer & itunes, effectively giving 2-3 digital/uv copies pending the movie.
For example hunger games bluray code would give
1 uv licensed copy
1 sd itune
1 hd itune

I wish vudu would release a flixster-like app.

For some reason my UV copy of Gotham Knight stopped working on Vudu. It's really annoying and they never fixed it despite multiple calls. A minor annoyance, but overall, Vudu is great!

[quote name='kburns10']For some reason my UV copy of Gotham Knight stopped working on Vudu. It's really annoying and they never fixed it despite multiple calls. A minor annoyance, but overall, Vudu is great![/QUOTE]

Calling them usually don't work for me...I'd use their online support ticket or post an inquiry on their community forum

Thanks for the VUDU recommendation. It is awesome, ps3 let's you even download the movie as stated before, and I can stream it to my phone with the vudu app

bread's done
Back