Unadvertised Toys R Us Deals --- Dragon Quest V for DS $10 off

DrDarkStryfe

CAGiversary!
Dragon Quest V for the DS --- $29.99 was $39.99

The Price is Right for the Wii --- $29.99 was $39.99

MyFitness Coach for the Wii --- $19.99 was $29.99

All deals good through Saturday.

Hopefully my mileage won't vary, because I want this bad (Dragon Quest, that is). Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ninja dog']I was like "whoa $20, I'll consider that..." then I was like "fucking Squeenix tax"[/quote]

Yeah, I guess they do it because they know everyone and their brother (and probably mother, father, and sister too) in Japan is going to get it no matter the price. I mean heck, part of the appeal of handheld games is that they're supposed to be a bit less than their console counterparts.

I MAY bite at $30, though I'm hoping Amazon will eventually run a deal of the day/gold box with DQ5 for $20-25 like they did with DQ4.

I'm probably going to be in TRU anyway if that "Buy Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop and get RE: Umbrella Chronicles for $10" deal is valid this week.

sucks i used my 10 buck coupon i had at Gamestop to get it for 30 and thought that was a great deal.... well that is now like tossing that coupon in the trash : (

Can anyone verify this deal? I will totally buy DQ V but I am not near a TRU and I don't want to go for nothing. I would try calling first but last time I called about a deal the person on the phone wouldn't confirm the deal.

Considering TRU's general lack of deals for me, I might have to return the game I bought with my expiring gift card last month and have this for a net of $20, assuming I get my new credit card by Saturday.

So has anybody been able to get this? I went to one TRU and they didn't have DQ in stock. I'll try some other ones tomorrow.

[quote name='mrkapawutzis']So has anybody been able to get this? I went to one TRU and they didn't have DQ in stock. I'll try some other ones tomorrow.[/quote]

None in stock at the store by me. The clerk said it might come in later this week, but as of yet he has not seen it or have a shelf label for it.

None here, clueless employee had no idea when they were coming in. This deal is probably nonexistent or confined to one store.

[quote name='cartman414']Same, apparently. Called in and the clerk said they only had DQ Monsters.[/quote]

Only DQ monsters?? thats too bad. Are you sure?

Checked TRU today. They didn't have the game in stock and the employee wasn't even sure they ever carried the game to begin with. This would have been a sweet deal if true. Anyone else besides the OP get it for $10 off?

[quote name='dealighted']Only DQ monsters?? thats too bad. Are you sure?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I asked him about DQIV as a test, and he said they didn't have that either.

I went to two TRUs in the area (one in Salem and one in Tigard) and neither store had DQV. Neither store could even tell me if they were going to carry DQV. I cannot see this deal being legit because I just can't see any store having a deal so soon for this game because it just released. Can the OP please post some proof of this deal or at least let everyone know where they got this deal from? Until then I am calling this one definitely YMMV.

[quote name='slidecage']sucks i used my 10 buck coupon i had at Gamestop to get it for 30 and thought that was a great deal.... well that is now like tossing that coupon in the trash : ([/QUOTE]

Buy another at Toys R Us then return it at Gamestop.

NO DQ5 here in Tallahassee, just DQ Monsters. No DQ5 on the floor, not in back stock, employees clueless, and the website doesn't even list it.
This thread is bull.

Checked two more TRU's today and no DQV (or DQIV). The employee stated that the only Square Enix titles they get in are the Final Fantasy titles.

That same employee also mentioned they had the RE5 360 bundles in the back but weren't able to sell them. I figured I'd give it a shot :)

bread's done
Back