Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

Tried out the singleplayer today, looks like they added a whole new level of visuals and cinematics to it. There is one scene that is reminiscent of overlooking the cities in assasin's creed.

I also have a couple of beta codes, first to pm me gets em

All codes gone, I might have more tomorrow if my friends don't want the few I have reserved for em.

In retrospect I should have grabbed some more...

Last edited by a moderator:
These were just posted on Joystiq, get 'em while they're hot:

5D25-CCBJ-CB2R
TF7T-34B5-HTPA
4HBG-MEB6-2EK6
EEMI-CJB2-7JME
XRDG-C3B7-4BK6
R6RD-RKBD-22HE
M65N-IIB3-FN66
FAB4-REBC-JJ5A
C5E8-JCBK-3GC3
KA8H-7TBD-E9GM
7CRJ-JKB7-9I3A
3NMH-CHB9-IIJ4
CKR6-XJBI-GBXC
5NTB-8EBM-537H
FIK6-T8BH-6MRJ
DXPR-23B7-IKXI
4I3M-JTBT-CHAT
X28K-5PBH-NM88
F62M-M7BI-9NTI
7HGG-C8BC-X4H5
TRND-F8BI-P4GE
52GK-D9B6-INAF
5K2M-RRBD-3N89
D7A6-RFBA-I59P
G7HI-TXB3-HP8C
6A5T-RNBH-8RRA
PMFA-XHBJ-THDN
P5FJ-JEBH-GD5N
BXTT-37BC-X5XR
H5MF-DJB3-DJHH

hit detection in multiplayer needs to be fixed a bit. other than that, this game is going to be terrific.

From the demo I know this game is going to be excellent. They fixed the grenade throwing. You don't need to tilt the control to move the projection anymore. Online competitive is way fun but Online coop is kinda stupid. I don't know if it just because this is a demo so people doesn't care about finishing it so they start shooting you near the end >.>

The games seem waaaaayyyyyyyyy too short. 50 kills for DM and 10 caps for CTF.. err I mean plunder would be better.

I like how the co-op missions have a "progression", but yeah, they seem kinda short assuming you know what you're doing and don't get killed.

Not sure why you're stuck on the name Plunder, they weren't trying to hide the fact that it's a CTF variant, it's not them being coy, but the name does fit in with the theme of this variant and the game itself.

In the full game, you can make custom matches that can have higher kill/score counts, and probably other settings. Also, this is a beta, so these sort of things can be tweaked easily.

playing this only makes me want this game even more. damn i can't wait until this comes out! add me for some co-op action if you want, i'll be playing all weekend along with red faction guerrilla.

Got mine from GameTrailers. Ranked up to 5, took me till rank 3 to use Boosters (are there more as you rank up?). Beta convinced me it should be well worth full price - competitive multiplayer should have staying power, don't know how many times I'll revisit the mini-missions in cooperative.

How does one descend while dangling? Wasn't it 'Triangle' in the first Uncharted?

2 gripes;

1)I've played co-op about 10 times and NEVER been Drake. It's Sully and the chick every time. Do you have to host to play as Nate? How do I host?
2) I've never played plunder because nobody ever votes for it. I'd at least like to try it once.

played last night and think its great! can't wait for the game to come out.
you select your profile with square button then change load outs (you have 2).

Also you select what good or bad characters you want to play as.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']
How does one descend while dangling? Wasn't it 'Triangle' in the first Uncharted?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it was o/circle.

I have one more extra beta code for anyone who wants it. First person to send me a PM and I will reply with the code.

EDIT: Code is GONE

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i'll start by saying co-op was fun even though the 3 people all lacked mics. I loved the first one and looking forward to the new SP.

Online was average at best, I am disappointed. Maybe once more maps come out it'll improve but I can't see myself playing this over other shooters. It is a nice extra though for some and will improve the lasting power of the title.

Yeah, so went like 0-20 on my first deathmatch. The next game was a plunder game and the gold disappeared after the other team got the first point of the match, so it was just shoot each other for 18 minutes. Its a beta so I'm not complaining, it was just kind odd.

It seems pretty fun to play, something when I just want to screw around.

[quote name='js1']It looks like the TDM mode has seen a bump up in kills. It's now 50 kills per match instead of 25. I think 50 is a tad too many.

And to give feedback on the beta go here.
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta - PlayStation.com Forums:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=uncharted2beta[/QUOTE]

yeah 30 would have been a better choice but stil with 50 that helps you boost your level up faster if youre god enough. finally fiigured out the trick to death matches that makes you damn near unstoppable. plunder has some flaws to it though.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah 30 would have been a better choice but stil with 50 that helps you boost your level up faster if youre god enough. finally fiigured out the trick to death matches that makes you damn near unstoppable. plunder has some flaws to it though.[/QUOTE]

Well, bless us with this so-called trick..

Does anyone have an extra beta code they'd be willing to PM me? Just found out downloading the client from a shared PSN account doesn't work. Thanks. :)

Damn I missed out on this game again. :(
Uncharted is like one of my fav PS3 games.. I just got done beating Uncharted 1 again lol

I have to say, when you get a party of 5 people together, as we just did. Plunder is a ridiculously fun game. I still think it takes a few too many hits to kill someone, I guess thats the socom fan coming out, but otherwise its awesome.

The coop is probably my favorite part, I just wish the demo let you fight that big armored dude with the minigun.

anyone here get there beta from the Qore annual subscription offer? looks like it might never happen.. it sucks the Beta sounds like fun.. anyone happen to have an extra code?

Had our first glitcher tonight. He got into the gargoyles on the ground in the middle of the map on the map that's at night and was damn near impossible to kill. Took 5 minutes to kill him from that spot.

Why can't more Sony games have a way to report someone for cheating instead of just ignoring them?

damn this game is addicting i cant even play infamous anymore. when is this coming out btw because this is gonna be a day 1 purchase for me. also have any of you been able to pull of any of those one hit kills? ive done the neack snap from behind and pulled someone off a ledge by their leg. i think theres another one too.

Finally got to play this for a little bit last night with two of my friends.
Wow, I really like the multi, co-op was ok, but I think it was less fun for me since they knew exactly what to do.

Jumped from lvl 1 to 7. I'll try to play more tonight.

I am not really enjoying this beta at all. I've played a few hours on all the modes but nothing really that interesting. I wish they'd have the enviroments take more advantage of the climbing and have maps with several levels to take advantage of that. The game type other than the TDM mode is terrible. Noone ever plays the way it supposed to be played, mainly because the game mode doesn't help out telling you what to do.

The coop is the best part by far...

i bought inFAMOUS but i didnt get a code in the box. my friend did though and now he's rubbing it in my face. is there any other way to get a code?

[quote name='Th3irdEyeBlind']i bought inFAMOUS but i didnt get a code in the box. my friend did though and now he's rubbing it in my face. is there any other way to get a code?[/QUOTE]

if you go back through the post i believe someone mentioned diff sites that were giving them away for free but i dunno if theyd have any left.

Yeah there's a party up feature that allows you to send friends game invites. But I currently have ZERO friends who have this beta, oddly enough.

If anyone has an Infamous Home code that they wont use, ill trade. Its not mine but my buddy's. He doesnt really care about U2 but is a Home addict. PM me if interested.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']The game type other than the TDM mode is terrible. Noone ever plays the way it supposed to be played, mainly because the game mode doesn't help out telling you what to do.
[/QUOTE]
What? The only time I've seen people play plunder incorrectly was when they were playing for the first time. It's not very hard to figure out as it is and once you start playing at the upper levels it's not a problem at all.

Hey everyone, the Village sucks for plunder dammit. Everyone always chooses it.

Also, I just had the pleasure of playing a game that was 2vs5 (plunder). Pretty much got destroyed... and sometimes the friggen team balancing doesn't work. I had a team of a level 15 (me), 10, 9, 5, 1 vs. 38, 25, 19, 12, 10. I got the most kills, but my team sucked... the level 1 was at 2-18 (k-d). Yay...

@DarkNessBear
Could've been that a few on the other team were party'ed together and with a beta they would make the matchmaking teams more lax so you don't wait long finding players. If it was me, I would've left to find a new game, no need to be stubborn.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey everyone, the Village sucks for plunder dammit. Everyone always chooses it.

Also, I just had the pleasure of playing a game that was 2vs5 (plunder). Pretty much got destroyed... and sometimes the friggen team balancing doesn't work. I had a team of a level 15 (me), 10, 9, 5, 1 vs. 38, 25, 19, 12, 10. I got the most kills, but my team sucked... the level 1 was at 2-18 (k-d). Yay...[/QUOTE]

i think the uneven teams come from people geting kicked off the game ive had that happen to me a few times not to mention games ending before you even get to start. the balancing is shit though as ive seen teams with 3 level 20 charaters in them while the rest are greens.

the village is easier for plunder since you dont have to toss the damn treasure up a floor to put it in the box but it does feel smaller than the plaza. at least they do have a measure to deal with people who kill their own teammates.

Yea - that is why I don't like the Village for plunder. It is to easy. It usually seems if you can grab the treasure first, you usually can get a point (due to the chests being so close and easy to get to). On the other one, you still have time to get it back and it is more strategic trying to get the treasure up top.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey everyone, the Village sucks for plunder dammit. Everyone always chooses it.

Also, I just had the pleasure of playing a game that was 2vs5 (plunder). Pretty much got destroyed... and sometimes the friggen team balancing doesn't work. I had a team of a level 15 (me), 10, 9, 5, 1 vs. 38, 25, 19, 12, 10. I got the most kills, but my team sucked... the level 1 was at 2-18 (k-d). Yay...[/QUOTE]

wow, those ppls had to really suck then.

I'm level 2 and I beat a level 15+ on my team. (was ended in 1st place). This game seems pretty easy for hardcore online players like me.

Even though this will not happen, it would've been better if it was Mercenaries v. Pirates and not Heroes v. Villains since it's beyond awkward seeing clones of story-driven characters (at least for Heroes, not so much Villains).

955125_20090123_screen007.jpg

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So, the only release date I have seen has been 12/21. Is that true? I thought it was coming out in a month or two... damn...[/QUOTE]

I've read November more than once.

bread's done
Back