Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

Thanks Frisky! I can wait until the demo hits PSN. Cause I'll be on this on day one once it's released. I had a good time with the last multiplayer beta for the game.

[quote name='BoomHeadshot']OK now THIS is awesome.

Sony is going to be having a special sneak preview of Uncharted 2 in CINEMAS. Just imagine the cutscenes on the big screen projected in HD :drool:

Here's the full article.

I live in LA so hopefully I can go to the local event. That'd be sweet.[/QUOTE]

This is very cool. I wonder how you win tickets?

picked up a code from gamestop today, can't wait to play tomorrow.

will probably cancel my preorder later and order from amazon once I get it in my gold box

[quote name='dallow']Daaaamn that demo is feature packed. Gonna be great.
Already had more content than Battlefield 1943.[/QUOTE]

Some betas are already active, the screen caps I've seen look SICK and word of mouth so far is good!

char_hero-doughnut.jpg

MP is gonna be awesome.

[quote name='teddybass']Is the Beta up in the US today? yesterday I tried a few times to enter my code from Gamestop and it didn't work yet...[/QUOTE]

It's up right now, and it's pretty f'in sweet!

[quote name='BoomHeadshot']It's up right now, and it's pretty f'in sweet![/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, and everyone should try to vote and play deathmatch RPGs only, it plays just like hide-and-seek/peek-a-boo... with rockets :p

I really, really, really like the co-op gold rush mode! Most of my teammates have been pretty terrible though. If anyone wants to try to get together and play sometime invite me!

[quote name='knightsdwn']Damn, color me jealous. I'm jonesing to get into the action because of you guys.[/QUOTE]

Go preorder for a code then cancel it later :p

And you start back at level 1, and you have access to a store to purchase new boosters/weapon upgrades/costumes etc with the money you earn. I don't think that was part of the first beta, but it might have been, I dont know.

i made it to round 7 of the endless wave. how do you take down those guys with the gattling guns? just a shitload of bullets?

in the middle of a deathmatch game, i saw a tank appear. WTF! that wasn't there in the previous demo. haha.

[quote name='enufs8d']i made it to round 7 of the endless wave. how do you take down those guys with the gattling guns? just a shitload of bullets?[/QUOTE]

I just threw the treasure over their heads, climbed through the building and captured it, but yes, just a lot of bullets.

[quote name='enufs8d']in the middle of a deathmatch game, i saw a tank appear. WTF! that wasn't there in the previous demo. haha.[/QUOTE]

It seems to show up 5 minutes into the round on that map.

[quote name='Magus8472']It seems to show up 5 minutes into the round on that map.[/QUOTE]

really? i thought it was a special perk activated upon so many kills like the helicopter or airstrike in cod4.

[quote name='JMEPO']Does any of your level progression carry over from the last beta?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like it, but I noticed that you level up A LOT faster in co-op now. 1 match of co-op took me from level 1 to 4 this time around. The last time I played co-op I only got $500 which was about 1/4 of the way to level 2. Co-op is on Easy now, too. At least for the beta.

Unless Sony changed the way how the in-game XMB is handled, it has it coded to run at 60fps.

[quote name='enufs8d']i made it to round 7 of the endless wave. how do you take down those guys with the gattling guns? just a shitload of bullets?
[/QUOTE]

yeah they die eventually. You can shoot their helmets off, im not sure if this makes them take more damage though. Pretty sure I unloaded a full 10 sniper rifle bullets into ones head, then a few more assault rifle shots and a grenade and he died

[quote name='KingBroly']It doesn't look like it, but I noticed that you level up A LOT faster in co-op now. 1 match of co-op took me from level 1 to 4 this time around. The last time I played co-op I only got $500 which was about 1/4 of the way to level 2. Co-op is on Easy now, too. At least for the beta.

Unless Sony changed the way how the in-game XMB is handled, it has it coded to run at 60fps.[/QUOTE]

and it sucks that there's nothing new in co-op standard. i was hoping for more than the same old nepal map. but endless wave and goldrush are great additions.

The more I play, the more I'm blown away by the graphics. I haven't noticed any flaws, lags or stutters, and I'm on a bad TV. Just beautiful to look at.

I was wondering if others have messed around with the Cinema Mode as I did. Some features have been described before in an interview (link at the end), but here's my 2 cents about it. There's a LOT of good stuff to deal with, namely (so far):

1. The game automatically saves the last 20 matches you've played (not sure if it does if you leave early/get disconnected).
2. You can choose to 'Protect' desired match files so you can relive that comeback victory/funny moment, but it does take up one of those 20 slots.
3. You can also 'Upload' your match files online (somewhere, maybe PSN servers) and then choose to send it to a Friend straight on the PS3. Don't know what the limit is on how many you can upload.
4. Game classifies Online Files and Local (HDD) Files on separate pages toggled with a button, but you can have the same file on both pages.
5. Manipulate the camera 3 ways; follow, orbit, and free. Jump to any player to follow or orbit around (like the moon around the earth), or pan and zoom.
6. Pause, FF>, Slow, Restart playback options but no Rewind. A Screenshot option is there too and it saves the picture under the Photo section to your XMB. Take a picture of ANYTHING that is going on ANYTIME!
7. There's a Machinima Mode to choose from when making a Custom Game to play with. Too lazy to do that myself, someone want to give it a look?

P.S. To Taunt, just press the 'X' button while standing still.

Interview Link:
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/uncharted-2-cinema-mode-interview/329071

From all that I've read this demo is different than the previous Private Demo? The last one was only Multiplayer (Team deathmatch, and some CTF game)

[quote name='luan87us']From all that I've read this demo is different than the previous Private Demo? The last one was only Multiplayer (Team deathmatch, and some CTF game)[/QUOTE]

It's much different. It's multiplayer only, but there are more maps, more game modes, and more co-op game modes. Plus there is the cinema mode and more boosters/unlockables

chain reaction is really cool 1 on 1. i thought it wouldnt be but i had a blast against shogun3160.

and i love feature where it estimates how long your friend's game will last until. it gives an idea of how long to wait for them to party up.

[quote name='luan87us']Anyone want to share this demo with me? xD[/QUOTE]

unfortunately you can't share this beta/demo. Found this out the hard way and now looking for another code.

[quote name='enufs8d']chain reaction is really cool 1 on 1. i thought it wouldnt be but i had a blast against shogun3160.

and i love feature where it estimates how long your friend's game will last until. it gives an idea of how long to wait for them to party up.[/QUOTE]

Heh, chain reaction 1v1 was fun, for sure. Wanted to pull off that ledge grab too, but you got me first. :bomb:

And nice to know the game gives you that estimate until my game was done. That game went real tight, it had a Naughty Dog guy playing (they wear those special skins and have their logo above their heads) and it ended in a TIE, 49-49 at the end, and then two opposing kills happened at the same time! Definitely protecting that game for future replay.

I noticed a new animation for the combat. When an enemy is near the edge, you push them off. It was cool to me at least...

You're not allowed to trade beta codes on CAG, so either get one at GameStop or wait for someone to offer a code for free.

It looks like the demo is over on October 12 at 12 PM, EST I'm guessing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Or you can just wait for it to go public in two weeks.[/QUOTE]

i guess so but i want an umpa lumpa nooooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!! man i cant wait till this finally comes out i hope im not over hyping it i hate when that happens but i dont see how this game can be too hyped.

why just dont go to gs? man up and drop the 5. as many people have said already, if you need the money later, then cancel it and get your money back.

IGN has a video review up, gets a great review, and I must say this game looks awesome. It's going to be tough to beat the original, but this looks like it just might do so.

I saw yet another animation today. When I was in cover a chick walked up on the other side of the low brick wall. I hit the melee button and my guy smashed her head into the wall. It was sick looking.

bread's done
Back