Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

In that one night map in multiplayer, there's an attack helicopter... is that random or does that fly over like an automatic killstreak (CoD4:MW) bonus?

[quote name='enufs8d']why just dont go to gs? man up and drop the 5. as many people have said already, if you need the money later, then cancel it and get your money back.[/QUOTE]

you cant do that check the site they said as soon as you receive your code you cant cancel your preorder. i wouldnt do that anyway kinda shady.

I read the IGN review. Only made my appetite for the game only bigger. I thought about importing the LE from the UK, but it's like 20+ more bucks. So I think I'll go to GS tomorrow and trade in some stuff towards it. In the meanwhile I'll replay the 1st game.

IGN. 9.5

9.5 Presentation
Fantastic cutscenes tell a very good if not perfect story.
10 Graphics
Absolutely the best of the best these days. Your jaw will drop.
9.5 Sound
Great weapon effects, fantastic voice acting and a mostly brilliant (though sometimes overdone) soundtrack.
9.5 Gameplay
Great gunplay, stealth works very well (mostly), the puzzles are rewarding and, maybe even best of all, a killer online component.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
The game is give or take about 10 hours in length, which feels right, but then there's the multiplayer. Yes, you will be hooked.

10/10 gamesradar 9.5 IGN.... CANNOT WAIT! Honestly, if you haven't pre-ordered from GameStop and you're not in the demo, DO IT NOW. Really, it's worth it, although I don't know if it'll be enough to hold me over till Octobr 13th.

[quote name='Ecofreak']If major media groups are reviewing the game already, then why isn't Uncharted 2 launching next week?[/QUOTE]

probably to give them enough time to play through all of it and get a good handle on everything before making reviews. if it came out sooner theyd probably rush through it.

[quote name='Ecofreak']If major media groups are reviewing the game already, then why isn't Uncharted 2 launching next week?[/QUOTE]

They probably finished the game before expected, working out some of the kinks, promoting for the release date and it usually takes 2 weeks for a game to go gold and be distributed. It's coming out in 3.5 weeks.

[quote name='wildcpac']They probably finished the game before expected, working out some of the kinks, promoting for the release date and it usually takes 2 weeks for a game to go gold and be distributed. It's coming out in 3.5 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Your logic is sound, but does little to assuage my impatience.

I WANTS IT NAO!

[quote name='lokizz']probably to give them enough time to play through all of it and get a good handle on everything before making reviews. if it came out sooner theyd probably rush through it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wildcpac']They probably finished the game before expected, working out some of the kinks, promoting for the release date and it usually takes 2 weeks for a game to go gold and be distributed. It's coming out in 3.5 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the game has apparently been done for a while now because they were raffling off copies at the Sony booth at PAX. Unfortunately, I of course was not one of the lucky winners.

[quote name='Ecofreak']
and who knows, there may be zombies again (although I sincerely hope not).
[/QUOTE]

I hope not too. Those zombies scared the sh*t out of me. :oops:

I just prordered U2 for the demo code and was given one of the codes for the first beta; when I called back to Gamestop after realizing why the code didn't work and explaining my situation they said they had no knowledge of any 9/15 demo code. fuck Gamestop.

[quote name='JMEPO']I've now preordered from BB and GS... Anyone up for some online later?[/QUOTE]

Me too!

yes! i finally got through all the stages of arena/unlimited gold rush. unfortunately, there are only 11 levels in the demo.

Im loving the Beta, This went from Never buying (Never played the first Uncharted, so I have no idea of how good it is) to day 1 purchase (Paid in full at Gamestop).

[quote name='Poor2More']Im loving the Beta, This went from Never buying (Never played the first Uncharted, so I have no idea of how good it is) to day 1 purchase (Paid in full at Gamestop).[/QUOTE]

Definitely check out the first. It was, and still is one of the best games to come out for the PS3.

I just finished the first Uncharted and WOW! I'll be buying Uncharted II the first week it is released, if not the first day of release. The last game I did that for was Diablo II on the PC.

[quote name='imascrub']is there a list of what preorder bonuses different stores are offering for uncharted 2 somewhere?[/QUOTE]

check the earlier part of this thread someone posted what you get from preordering at bb, gs, toysrus, and amazon. of the top of my head i think amazon has a video that shows you where the treasure is in the game, gs has a revenge thingy and you get an early demo of the game and i think bb has golden weapons.

[quote name='imascrub']is there a list of what preorder bonuses different stores are offering for uncharted 2 somewhere?[/QUOTE]

• Amazon.com - Exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map
    The exclusive UNCHARTED 2 Treasure Map allows players to discover hidden treasures throughout the game.
  • Game Crazy - Exclusive Currency Multiplier for multiplayer online use
    The UNCHARTED 2 Currency Multiplier allows gamers to gain in-game currency and unlock bonuses faster than their opponents for a limited period.
  • GameStop - Exclusive first access to the Multiplayer Demo and the downloadable Revenge Attribute
    The Revenge Attribute is one of the last boosters that you can unlock in the multiplayer campaign. This bonus allows you to unlock the "Revenge" booster right from the start of your multiplayer campaign.
  • Best Buy - Gold weapons will be available for use in multiplayer mode, and will allow you to wield some fashion sense during the death match and plunder modes.
That GameStop exclusive access to the multiplayer demo will run from September 9th to September 29th, giving folks who pre-order at that location a two week head start on the demo. It will open to the public on September 30th and wrap-up on Uncharted 2's release day.

i was just looking for it myself. ended up googling it.

I really hope the BB golden guns stay an exclusive and not just something that can be downloaded for a few bucks on PSN in a few months.

[quote name='JMEPO']I really hope the BB golden guns stay an exclusive and not just something that can be downloaded for a few bucks on PSN in a few months.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Are we able to get a refund without returning the code?

Theres a button to get to the store on the multiplayer menu (before joining a game), either L1 or R1, i don't recall.

And don't feel bad, I didn't know until I had gone up a few levels and started realizing people lower than me had boosters, haha.

[quote name='fizzywix']Theres a button to get to the store on the multiplayer menu (before joining a game), either L1 or R1, i don't recall.

And don't feel bad, I didn't know until I had gone up a few levels and started realizing people lower than me had boosters, haha.[/QUOTE]

lol i noticed it when i died and id see the boosters they had listed i knew they should be there but i had no idea there was a store in the game. thanks for the heads up now i an finally kick ass proper.

i prefer down the irons / fleet foot or down the irons / explosive expert. im tempted to try down the irons / treasurer bearer for plunder.

i hate how you can't access the store in matchmaking between rounds. and i hate how you can't change your boosters during rounds.

Just got the beta thing installed, I'm having a blast so far. I'm not the best player since I'm still getting used to controls and whatnot, but I'm not doing too bad. My first two games I went 5-4 and 7-5, so at least I have a positive KDR.

Anyways, if anyone wants to play some time, give me an add (SlurringRhythms). I'll probably be pretty active and down to play whenever. Since I bought my PS3 a few days ago though, I don't have a mic yet.

its still got its flaws though the other night i was playing the 3 player arena game and while trying to climb up something i fell through it and down into some kind of void. i died after a few seconds and my death killed everyone else. love the game though ill probably wont touch the single player for a while after the game releases cause mp is just too damn fun.

I HAVE to play the SP 1st. I loved the story for the most part in the 1st one and I want to see where this one goes.

[quote name='js1']I HAVE to play the SP 1st. I loved the story for the most part in the 1st one and I want to see where this one goes.[/QUOTE]

This. I played through the story of the first one twice, it was so much fun and really engaging. Definitely going through SP first with the second one before I do anything else.

[quote name='SEH']This. I played through the story of the first one twice, it was so much fun and really engaging. Definitely going through SP first with the second one before I do anything else.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing now, is trying to replay the 1st one before the 2nd one hits.

[quote name='js1']I HAVE to play the SP 1st. I loved the story for the most part in the 1st one and I want to see where this one goes.[/QUOTE]

I was like this too, and I don't usually play MP games, but I caved in and downloaded the demo and I'm absolutely hooked. I'm excited about the SP more than anything in U2, but this demo has really wet my appetite, if I didn't play it I wouldn't be able to handle the wait till October 13th.

I just played like an hour online and got dominated pretty hard. I'm only level five, so I don't really have any of the perks, which I think has a little to do with it, but still, the best I could do was 7-11.

Some of hit detection seems a bit off at times, for instance, I'll run right up behind someone with the shotgun, have it pointed directly at their torso, fire away, and it somehow misses. That coupled with the fact that it seems like you really have to lay into your opponent to kill them, it can make for some really frustrating moments.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Is the free MP demo being released this week?[/QUOTE]

Public demo opens on the 29th I do believe.

bread's done
Back