Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

Be sure to
pet all the cows (yaks?) whatever, pet all their heads! You'll get a little surprise
I love that scene though
walking through the town and being able to interact with all the people (press triangle at everyone you see) it is so friggen gorgeous

i find a lot of times that headshots aren't headshots either. I could swear I'm shooting them right in the face but they still get up after getting stunned lol. I find that most of my "headshots" are sorta more like neckshots...

this game is awesome though.
awesome to the max.

There are a few things that bother me about the game. For one, the AI is really dumb. In one sequence, I stealth killed 4 guys in a row and could not believe I got away with it. I was pretty sloppy and definitely should have been seen. Another issue with the AI was in Chapter 11
When I was helping the cameraman I ran out of ammo but there was still one guy left. Chloe just kept shooting into the wall while the enemy just stood at the top of the stairs. I desperately went looking for more ammo and when I came back, she finally killed him so we could move on.
Still, an awesome game that should have no problem taking GOTY in my opinion.

So...I just beat it. Trust me, you guys will be END GAME SPOILERS AHEAD
balling like a little girl. I can't cry, though. How is this possible? I am a man, that's why. The rest of you are babies who cry all day long
:p

I haven't put much thought into it yet, but right now...Batman vs. Uncharted for GOTY. It might still be Batman, though. Now then, to find a Treasure Guide and set it to Very Easy for Trophy Whoring!

[quote name='Malik112099']The game is very good but there are still some heavy hitters coming out this year that I think might be better contenders for GotY[/QUOTE]

Pish posh. There really isn't else besides MW2 that could REALLY contend.

I'm on Chapter 23 after about 7 hours of gameplay yesterday (yay for being sick?!). I'm finding the game much, much easier than the first Uncharted but have also found that enemies are wearing a ton of body armor (like Broly stated earlier).

There is a great concept art piece in pack 3 or 4 that shows the evolution of the soldiers through each difficulty and how much armor they are equipped with.

Fantastic game though. It is certainly living up to the hype!

I played up to chapter 7 last night.

Kinda funny, but during the middle of a skirmish with a few guards, I jumped towards some boxes, and Nathan got stuck in them. Couldn't roll/jump/move out of them; he could perform all his movements (shooting, etc.), but he was stuck in the boxes.

Thankfully, I was down to just two guys left. Once I killed them, the game warped me to the next cutscene! Crazy.

[quote name='FrankySox']I believe 24 is what I saw in a review.

So I got the game today and played some multiplayer and one chapter of the campaign. What a way to start off the game, I really like how the story was told.

VERY EARLY SPOILER IN CHAPTER 1, PROBABLY A DUMB QUESTION
[/QUOTE]

Chapter 1 Spoiler Below:
I think it's because Chloe and Flin are supposed to be a couple, but in reality, Chloe is only using him, and will eventually go off with Nate in the end.

But that's just what I got from the scene. Maybe I'm wrong. :/

I just got this game yesterday from Gamestop, what a waste of money. I never played the first Uncharted, but all the hype this one was getting, I had to buy it. Graphics are not even as good as some Xbox 360 games. Multiplayer is medicore as hell. Hopefully I can get a refund or at least $30 credit at gamestop. This is a bigger letdown then even MetalGear: GotP.

IF you believed what I said in the first paragraph, then you obviously have not played this masterpiece, this game is fucken beautiful, orgasmic particles, polygons or WTF ever you guys want to call it. The story is intense, the exploration is phenominal (never played the first Uncharted) The multiplayer is fun/deep/long lasting. Between this game and Demon Souls, convinced me that my purchase of my PS3 2 years ago was well justified, and it can proudly sit next to my 360 with confidence. Once i bought the PS3 Shadow controler (360 analog/button layout on a PS3 controler) the PS3 games are much more comfortable to play specially FPS's.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Poor2More']I just got this game yesterday from Gamestop lastnight, what a waste of money. I never played the first Uncharted, but all the hype this one was getting, I had to buy it. Graphics are not even as good as some Xbox 360 games. Multiplayer is medicore as hell. Hopefully I can get a refund or at least $30 credit at gamestop. This is a bigger letdown then even MetalGear: GotP.

IF you believed what I said in the first paragraph, then you obviously have not played this masterpiece, this game is fucken beautiful, orgasmic particles, polygons or WTF ever you guys want to call it. The story is intense, the exploration is phenominal (never played the first Uncharted) The multiplayer is fun/deep/long lasting. Between this game and Demon Souls, convinced me that my purchase of my PS3 2 years ago was well justified, and it can proudly sit next to my 360 with confidence. Once i bought the PS3 Shadow controler (360 analog/button layout on a PS3 controler) the PS3 games are much more comfortable to play specially FPS's.
[/QUOTE]
hahaha nice dude

I thought chapter 16 was interesting.
there's a lot of funny interactions you can have with the village people.
Nearing the end I fear and it's been just awesome.

[quote name='evanft']Pish posh. There really isn't else besides MW2 that could REALLY contend.[/QUOTE]

I am really not anticipating MW2 much at all. I mean, MW was great but it was almost entirely due to the multiplayer which was fresh at the time. The single player was mediocre to me and very frustrating on anything above normal due to the respawning. I have heard they at least ditched the respawning in MW2's campaign but it will have basically the same multiplayer with a few additions. UC2 has an awesome campaign as well as a new, addicting and very well done IMO style of multiplayer. Anyway, I think in the end my GOTY will come down to Tekken 6, UC2, Batman and maybe Dragon Age.

Took around 11 hours to beat it on hard. I have quite a few (50+) treasures to go back and find too.

The weapon store and chapter select :)glares @ Dead Space:) makes the other trophies a lot more manageable.

Overall, the game is a masterpiece and should be GOTY. IMO, it nudges ahead of MGS4 as far as the best game available on the PS3.

Just finished the game, and wow this game is a masterpiece of epic proportions. Go out and buy this game now, and better yet if you do not have a PS3 this game is worth your $360 dollars. Definitley the best game I have played this year, and in my top 5 of all time. I did not want the game to end, and was drawn into all of the elements of the game from the environment, characters, sound, music, presentation, game play to the story from start to finish

I have been a fan since the first game came out, and as much as I loved Uncharted 1, the sequel here has made me love this new franchise even more.

The multiplayer is a blast also, and reminds me a lot like Gears of War for some reason. Everything about this game is great, and I really could not find any big flaws in this game.

Bring on Uncharted 3. :applause:

[quote name='Killbomb']I am really not anticipating MW2 much at all. I mean, MW was great but it was almost entirely due to the multiplayer which was fresh at the time. The single player was mediocre to me and very frustrating on anything above normal due to the respawning. I have heard they at least ditched the respawning in MW2's campaign but it will have basically the same multiplayer with a few additions. UC2 has an awesome campaign as well as a new, addicting and very well done IMO style of multiplayer. Anyway, I think in the end my GOTY will come down to Tekken 6, UC2, Batman and maybe Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]

I hate to burst your bubble, but when MW2 comes out Uncharted online will be a deadzone.

Endgame Spoilers ahead -

The first 15 chapters of the game up until the train section were fantastic. It's really too bad the game went stagnant after that. The last 10 chapters were terrible in comparison. I can't believe they brought back monsters again. It got to the point where I just couldn't wait to finish the game. The last boss (if you can call him that) is a joke.

[quote name='Trakan']I hate to burst your bubble, but when MW2 comes out Uncharted online will be a deadzone.
[/QUOTE]

I have to say that I agree with your assessment given that on the evening of launch Uncharted 2 only had 7,000 players online in multiplayer last night when I checked :cry:. It saddens me that there are more people than that still playing COD4 on 360 at any given time these days. Granted, Uncharted has a much better single-player adventure and focus which may skew the numbers but it still saddened me.

[quote name='kube00']How long is the game? Also I wish I had a map for all the treasures[/QUOTE]

If you pre-ordered from Amazon, you would have gotten a treasure map.

I'm sure someone will leak theirs online somewhere at some point.

Just finished the game. There are
(# of chapters in the game).

Broly, what had you ENDING SPOILERS
bawling? I admit the whole Elena bit was very, very well done but for some reason it didn't come across as sad. I was more surprised/shocked, I think. Or maybe Valkyria Chronicles has just ruined me when it comes to emotional endings.

9 1/2 hours on normal. 39/100 treasures.

I've played two sit downs worth of game here and have gotten to Chapter 19. This game is absolutely amazing and incredibly hard to stop playing. I would be extremely surprised if this game didn't win GOTY. It's just unbelievable, the game definitely has lived up to the hype for me so far. I'll reserve my final judgment until the game is complete.

Also I remember seeing on IGN's review of this game that it was quite a bit longer than the first one. I'm on pace to beat it at about the same time or ever quicker than it took me on the first one. No big deal though, I just really don't want this to end.

Picked it up last night at local Fry's for 49.99, but haven't started playing yet. Too much on my social calendar at the moment. (Is a good thing actually)

Receipt:
picture.php

Game Back:
picture.php

[quote name='Trakan']I hate to burst your bubble, but when MW2 comes out Uncharted online will be a deadzone.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that may be true but that doesn't diminish UC2's MP or the game as a whole in my eyes. I still will be VERY surprised if MW2 is a better overall game.

Surprised by the low numbers of people playing this game versus other big first party multiplayer games. Also super pissed at the randoms I've been playing with in co-op. People still don't know to go to the objective circles and just run around aimlessly and I get disconnected every time because someone quits near the end. I need to play with some cags.

Why are people so suprised that not too many people were playing online? I am willing to bet that 90 pecent who bought the game were playing the single player mission first.

[quote name='wildcpac']Why are people so suprised that not too many people were playing online? I am willing to bet that 90 pecent who bought the game were playing the single player mission first.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. I'll probably play through the SP a couple times before jumping into MP.

[quote name='Brownjohn']That's what I'm doing. I'll probably play through the SP a couple times before jumping into MP.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I played enough of the MP during the BETA so I'm completely focused on the SP. And damn, is the SP fantastic.

[quote name='Killbomb']Unfortunately that may be true but that doesn't diminish UC2's MP or the game as a whole in my eyes. I still will be VERY surprised if MW2 is a better overall game.[/QUOTE]I understood what you meant.

I hope MW2's single player is a lot better than the first but I don't see it being better. They're usually faceless affairs with characters I never care or feel anything about.
Playing MW1 the first had the 'cool' factor (modern tech, explosions, sound) which enough to make me want to finish it, but only once.
I see myself going back to U2 a few times before I'm done, just like the first.

As far as multiplayer though, I love U2, but see myself playing MW2 more in the long run. They're both fantastic though, I didn't think U2 would be in that regard honestly.

[quote name='dallow']They're usually faceless affairs with characters I never care or feel anything about.[/QUOTE]Isn't that what they want the people to think? Partially makes the game more realistic.

Hm?
More realistic how?
I don't think it's a good thing if I don't care what happens to characters, or even what their names are.
I don't just mean the main player (the one you play as, i understand how he is ambiguous), I mean the in the whole of the narrative.

Haha, I love how everyone keeps thinking they are almost done with the game when they aren't even halfway. The game feels like it is going to finish at least 3 times.

And about the multiplayer - I don't think it is suppose to compete with COD4. That game is basically made with the multiplayer in mind. This game is the Gears of War of Multiplayer games - when you are tired of playing intense matches in MW2, you can jump into Uncharted 2 for some COOP or competitive play.

[quote name='MtReload']Sorry, my bad. I honestly didn't think it was a spoiler. If it's a big deal, I'll put it in spoiler tags. No need to get all up in arms about it[/QUOTE]
Well, jokes don't work when they are told out of context nor do they work when you've heard the punchline before the joke. I'll be looking forward to reaching that point in the game and going so this is what he said, this is just great!

Gawd I love this game. If you haven't played Drakes Fortune you're gonna be missing out on so many funny one liners. I have an extra revenge attribute code for the first person that PMs me.

Just finished single player on normal mode. This game is fuckING AMAZING. If you own a PS3 and don't own Uncharted and Uncharted 2, you're not taking advantage of the console. The story is awesome, the graphics are phenomenal and the game play is addicting. Seriously, one of the best games I've ever played. I just wish the story was a lot longer. (Even though it was pretty long.)

So my friend got me a code for the Revenge Booster from Gamestop. That's a real rip-off. You still have to buy the Booster, making it kind of useless. I thought I'd get it for free :\

Oh, and I'm up to 56 of 100 Treasures including the Strange Relic, and I'm making my way through it again, this time on Hard.

This game is absolutely incredible. One of the best I've ever played.. I almost thought that

End Game spoiler - Do not click if you have not finished the game! -

Elena was a goner. Just shows how much I've come to love Nate and Elena over these last two adventures.

Oh.. and I almost forgot!

I was glad to see that -
Nate and Elena finally get that kiss that was interrupted at the end of the first game!

[quote name='dallow']I understood what you meant.

I hope MW2's single player is a lot better than the first but I don't see it being better. They're usually faceless affairs with characters I never care or feel anything about.
Playing MW1 the first had the 'cool' factor (modern tech, explosions, sound) which enough to make me want to finish it, but only once.
I see myself going back to U2 a few times before I'm done, just like the first.

As far as multiplayer though, I love U2, but see myself playing MW2 more in the long run. They're both fantastic though, I didn't think U2 would be in that regard honestly.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about the characters. I didn't give a damn about anyone in MW1 and I doubt 2 will be any different. UC has fairly believable characters that you can relate to and root for.

The only time Modern Warfare did anything character development wise was after when the Nuclear Bomb went off.

Also robobandit, you should probably just spoiler tag everything after the Red text.

I beat the game on Normal in 10 hours, I almost started over from the beginning right away, this is easily one of the top 3 single player campaigns I've ever played. Right now I wouldn't be able to tell you a game I'd put ahead of it.

Just finished on Normal in 12h28m with 66 treasures. I spent a lot of time searching and probably would have found more if I would have realized
You have to shoot some treasures down ala RE5
before I was halfway through the game. Gonna start over on hard now and go for more kills trophies and treasures.

I recommend everyone taking a gander at Drake's Journal near the end of the game, or throughout it for that matter to check out all the little side notes they have in there. Most of which are pretty funny.

This game is fucking amazing. I'm playing on Normal and believe I'm up to
Chapter 18 or 19, whichever one is after you fight off the beast for the first time in the caves.
It has completely surpassed my expectations for it and is by far my GOTY, Modern Warfare 2 be damned. I hope to finish it within the next few days so I can jump into it again on hard and do some Trophy hunting. ;)

bread's done
Back