Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone seen the show 'Psych'? I can't help but think James Roday would be perfect for the role of Nathan Drake.

/off-topic

[quote name='SynGamer']Slightly off-topic, but has anyone seen the show 'Psych'? I can't help but think James Roday would be perfect for the role of Nathan Drake.

/off-topic[/QUOTE]
I've been watching Modern Family and I think it would be awesome if the dad Phil played Drake. :lol:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I've been watching Modern Family and I think it would be awesome if the dad Phil played Drake. :lol:[/QUOTE]

i personally think Nathan Fillion (Firefly/Serenity, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog) would be a perfect Nate :p

[quote name='imascrub']i personally think Nathan Fillion (Firefly/Serenity, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog) wouldn't be so bad as Nate[/QUOTE]
Oh yea, he is obviously the number one choice. I think even ND stated they based the character of Drake from Mal in Firefly.

I was really enjoying the beta but I havent picked up the game yet.
I was wondering what else can you do to people besides laugh at them?
I thought I heard someone here say that you could slap people around. What other forms of humiliation can you perform?:bouncy:

Will playing this first ruin the story of the first Uncharted or are they fairly disconnected? I got this for multiplayer, but I'm thinking about going through the campaign first, but would rather get Uncharted 1 first if they're heavily connected.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Will playing this first ruin the story of the first Uncharted or are they fairly disconnected? I got this for multiplayer, but I'm thinking about going through the campaign first, but would rather get Uncharted 1 first if they're heavily connected.[/QUOTE]

You'll miss a few of the inside jokes and a little bit of the context/backstory, but otherwise you'll be fine. Appropriately, they're about as disconnected as Indiana Jones movies.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Will playing this first ruin the story of the first Uncharted or are they fairly disconnected? I got this for multiplayer, but I'm thinking about going through the campaign first, but would rather get Uncharted 1 first if they're heavily connected.[/QUOTE]
You should play the first first, it will make the 2nd more enjoyable. You'll get all the jokes. I've already beaten the first and have U2 sitting here but I'm going through the first again on Crushing before starting up the 2nd.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']I was really enjoying the beta but I havent picked up the game yet.
I was wondering what else can you do to people besides laugh at them?
I thought I heard someone here say that you could slap people around. What other forms of humiliation can you perform?:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

theres more stuff across the board in the final game. not ust stuff for mp but for sp as well. i have to admit some of the new mp levels that werent in the beta i knd of dont like but its all good.

Without going into too much detail- some story elements of the first game will be ruined if you don't play it first. Additionally- when you beat U2- and want more of the game- DF just won't be as impressive.

[quote name='nbballard']Without going into too much detail- some story elements of the first game will be ruined if you don't play it first. Additionally- when you beat U2- and want more of the game- DF just won't be as impressive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Plus, you get $100,000 in U2 for beating DF.

[quote name='blader16']Yep, at that exact same spot while I was running up the stairs from the right side to exit the building.[/QUOTE]

Make that three. That was the only spot I ran into a problem.

Can you not do co-op levels with random people? Must they be on your friends list to play the co-op levels?

Maybe I was just tired, but I didn't see a way to get into a match with a random person.

[quote name='Trakan']You can play with randoms. Just go to Coop Objective and start the search.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I thought it'd be crazy if you couldn't. Like I said, I must've been out of it.

[quote name='blader16']Yep, at that exact same spot while I was running up the stairs from the right side to exit the building.[/QUOTE]
Yea exactly there. Scared the shit out of me because I didn't save for at least 2-3 hours. Thank god the Auto Save feature works awesome. It actually started me a little bit ahead of where it crashed.

There are definitely a lot of bugs they missed - nothing too destructive though.

If you'll notice, the auto save is very, very good. It will save as soon as you finish an encounter (kill the last enemy) rather than when you reach a certain point. I've had cases where I've cleared an area, then accidentally fall off a cliff, but thankfully the game remembers that I cleared the room.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Yeah, I agree. Plus, you get $100,000 in U2 for beating DF.[/QUOTE]

Really, How does this work?

I beat the first and believe my game save is still there.. I didnt notice this...

[quote name='Snake2715']Really, How does this work?

I beat the first and believe my game save is still there.. I didnt notice this...[/QUOTE]

According to gamefaqs (not the greatest source in the world) you need any UC1 save for 20K, and a completed game save for the other 80K

Also, you cannot just copy a completed save from the web, as it has to be linked to your gamer ID (as far as I can tell).

Go to the 'store' submenu, and it'll prompt you to press 'square' to look up your UC1 save data. It'll then add whatever amount it came up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
QTE? There are only 2 QTE is the whole game
The Yeti, and the last boss
. If anything- U2 represents the antithesis to the QTE movement.

I remember when the QTE came about with Shenmue- and thinking it was so awesome that I was going to be able to have at least some control over the cut scenes- with Uncharted there were hardly any action oriented cut scenes at all.

[quote name='tinman_licks']It's come to this. The world's first one-word review of Uncharted 2.
[/QUOTE]
Jesus Christ... you should remove the link to that site. It doesn't deserve any hits.

The game is anything but "QTEs". What a dumbass. :bomb:

[quote name='thelonepig']Make that three. That was the only spot I ran into a problem.[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!

I freaked out at first because I thought my PS3 was overheating. I restarted my system and everything picked up fine.

Eh, I guess you could say that there are a lot of Quick Timed Events. But, it is a platformer so you need quick timing - but the game goes about it very well and makes them each unique and fun. And for most of them, they just make you feel like you are rushed, but you actually have more time then you think. It's just good like that.

Unless he is referring to pressing a button QTE's and there are barely any of those.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Eh, I guess you could say that there are a lot of Quick Timed Events. But, it is a platformer so you need quick timing - but the game goes about it very well and makes them each unique and fun. And for most of them, they just make you feel like you are rushed, but you actually have more time then you think. It's just good like that.

Unless he is referring to pressing a button QTE's and there are barely any of those.[/QUOTE]

isnt the hand to hand combat more or less a short qte?

[quote name='lokizz']isnt the hand to hand combat more or less a short qte?[/QUOTE]
If you're going to go that far, then we could say all gaming is QTE.

[quote name='dragonjud']According to gamefaqs (not the greatest source in the world) you need any UC1 save for 20K, and a completed game save for the other 80K

Also, you cannot just copy a completed save from the web, as it has to be linked to your gamer ID (as far as I can tell).

Go to the 'store' submenu, and it'll prompt you to press 'square' to look up your UC1 save data. It'll then add whatever amount it came up with.[/QUOTE]
They should be right as I've heard from some people getting 20k and others 100k.

[quote name='Darknyss']Jesus Christ... you should remove the link to that site. It doesn't deserve any hits.

The game is anything but "QTEs". What a dumbass. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Really, in 2 play throughs the only level I thought was QTE heavy was fighting the boss on the train, but usually in hand to hand combat type situations it NEEDS to be.

Guy just wants traffic for his site.

[quote name='J7.']If you're going to go that far, then we could say all gaming is QTE.

They should be right as I've heard from some people getting 20k and others 100k.[/QUOTE]

what i mean is that
when you fight the guys in black you have that bit where you have to hit triangle at the right time to reverse their move which is why i say that is a short qte.

Beat it on hard earlier today. Great game. The final battle was a little underwhelming but on hard it was a pretty good challenge. The end conversation was hilarious..
"then what's a 10?" "clowns"
good stuff. Really REALLY enjoyed this game. That being said I already traded it in cause I really want to play through Borderlands before MW2 and AC2 come out.

[quote name='nbballard']QTE? There are only 2 QTE is the whole game
The Yeti, and the last boss
. If anything- U2 represents the antithesis to the QTE movement.

I remember when the QTE came about with Shenmue- and thinking it was so awesome that I was going to be able to have at least some control over the cut scenes- with Uncharted there were hardly any action oriented cut scenes at all. [/QUOTE]

Wouldnt QTE have started more with like Dragons Lair? Space Ace?

Matchmaking kind of irks me. It's not very good at setting you up with even teams and seems to almost go out of its way to make things unfair. I played six games today and in five of them, the lowest level on the enemy team was almost twice the highest on our team. I did have an awesome game as a sniper so that made it better.

[quote name='sotc1988']Matchmaking kind of irks me. It's not very good at setting you up with even teams and seems to almost go out of its way to make things unfair. I played six games today and in five of them, the lowest level on the enemy team was almost twice the highest on our team. I did have an awesome game as a sniper so that made it better.[/QUOTE]

rank doesnt mean much now anyways. if you think aout those who played on both the beta and the mp demo and each time their ranks got reset then chances are any number of people with low ranks could be damn good at the game.

[quote name='Malik112099']Beat it on hard earlier today. Great game. The final battle was a little underwhelming but on hard it was a pretty good challenge. The end conversation was hilarious..
"then what's a 10?" "clowns"
good stuff. Really REALLY enjoyed this game. That being said I already traded it in cause I really want to play through Borderlands before MW2 and AC2 come out.[/QUOTE]

haha i loved that back and forth at the end

[quote name='lokizz']rank doesnt mean much now anyways. if you think aout those who played on both the beta and the mp demo and each time their ranks got reset then chances are any number of people with low ranks could be damn good at the game.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was rank 19ish in the first closed beta, and then in the demo i was 34. But I just got into MP with the real version and on my first game it was elimination against 3 33-38s, a 41, & an 8. So they all were talking shit about how they would pwn my team of all greens or blues, but we totally annihilated them & I went 13-1.

[quote name='blader16']Yeah, I was rank 19ish in the first closed beta, and then in the demo i was 34. But I just got into MP with the real version and on my first game it was elimination against 3 33-38s, a 41, & an 8. So they all were talking shit about how they would pwn my team of all greens or blues, but we totally annihilated them & I went 13-1.[/QUOTE]

thats the best part of the game is beating the crap out of shit talkers. it never ceases to amaze me how much trash people talk in that game and then when they get shut down they whine about it. the only thing worse than that are the people who get in your way on your own team.

Wooohooo! Got my Uncharted 1 platinum. Played through Crushing in the past 5 hours... straight through no break. Ugh, so happy that is over.

*passes out*

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wooohooo! Got my Uncharted 1 platinum. Played through Crushing in the past 5 hours... straight through no break. Ugh, so happy that is over.

*passes out*[/QUOTE]Sounds like a prediction of my upcoming U2 crushing playthrough. :cry:

Uncharted 1 is a pain in the ass. All it is, is constant shooting. And the friggen set up each room so they will ALWAYS flank you - and the cover is set up in such weird ways that you are never fully covered. Friggen evil!

Also, Is it just me, or was the voice acting from
Schafer, when he was dying,
very very good?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back