Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='Rig']You can get them on any difficulty, and you can use the "Tweaks" and any purchased weapons. So, beat the game, then go back on Very Easy to complete much of the challenges. You can turn on "One Hit Kills", Infinite Ammo", and any other tweaks that may help you out.[/QUOTE]

good to know its gonna take me one more playthrough then to get the las few trophies.

Good to hear that it gets better. For treasures, I usually search for any I might be able to find the first & 2nd playthrough, and then go back after that with a guide. For U1 there were video youtube guides online as well as one that had a list of all the treasures and photos. I found those easier than using gamefaqs.

[quote name='J7.']Good to hear that it gets better. For treasures, I usually search for any I might be able to find the first & 2nd playthrough, and then go back after that with a guide. For U1 there were video youtube guides online as well as one that had a list of all the treasures and photos. I found those easier than using gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]

they went above and beyond with treasure placement on this one i dont think anyone could have found them all without some help unless you spent hours on end searching ever area in the game.

[quote name='lokizz']they went above and beyond with treasure placement on this one i dont think anyone could have found them all without some help unless you spent hours on end searching ever area in the game.[/QUOTE]
I imagine so. I looked pretty well in U1 and still missed 8. It's awesome that they show how many treasure you've got/are in each chapter. That was something I did not enjoy not having in U1.

Just me, or is the multiplayer starting to feel repetitive and dull after playing it for awhile? I won't really be playing this game that much except for hosting the Saturday game & when the DLC comes out because all my gaming time will be going towards Modern Warfare 2. Either way, I bought this game mainly for the single player & that was absolutely great.

You're saying the multiplayer for U2 is repetitive and dull and then you go to CoDMW2? By nature, all multiplayer games are repetitive, U2 multiplayer is no more repetitive than CoD multiplayer. It all really goes back to what you're in the mood for currently.

You'll be back to U2 multiplayer after playing CoD for a while and wanting something different from that, or on to the next game after you find CoD repetitive. I mean, how many times can you run forward throwing grenades after spawning and dying 5 seconds later? ;)

[quote name='Vanigan']You're saying the multiplayer for U2 is repetitive and dull and then you go to CoDMW2? By nature, all multiplayer games are repetitive, U2 multiplayer is no more repetitive than CoD multiplayer. It all really goes back to what you're in the mood for currently.

You'll be back to U2 multiplayer after playing CoD for a while and wanting something different from that, or on to the next game after you find CoD repetitive. I mean, how many times can you run forward throwing grenades after spawning and dying 5 seconds later? ;)[/QUOTE]I see what you're saying, and I phrased my post wrong. But what I was trying to say is that I thought U2's multiplayer would be more appealing to me for a longer period of time. The main reason I lost a lot of my interest in it is because it is a little too slow for my type.

On the other hand, I know I wont be bored of MW2 anytime soon. Seeing as I've put 14 days into MW1 & am not tired of it at all.

[quote name='blader16']Just me, or is the multiplayer starting to feel repetitive and dull after playing it for awhile? I won't really be playing this game that much except for hosting the Saturday game & when the DLC comes out because all my gaming time will be going towards Modern Warfare 2. Either way, I bought this game mainly for the single player & that was absolutely great.[/QUOTE]

i still like it alot but i stopped for the time being to finish my sp run and get the rest of the trophies i missed. it only gets boring to me when people always vote for the same damn maps four straight deathmatches in he ice caves can ge repetitive.

I'll probably jump ship once MW2 comes out as well. I have trouble getting my bearings in the 3rd person. I definitely enjoyed this package for the sp, the mp was just icing.

[quote name='Jodou']Ha, you're going through the exact same thing I did. It just takes way too long to get going, but once it does the latter half of the game is pretty wicked. I really hated the fact that the new characters overshadowed the old, especially since Sully doesn't get much screen time at all! The script was definitely better in the first game and this time around it feels like one of those over-the-top action movies.

I half expected Arnold Schwarzenegger to show up somewhere lol.[/QUOTE]
The game has definitely ramped up & I'm starting to really enjoy it. I think like U1 I will like it even more on the 2nd playthrough. Not really searching for treasures will help that too.

I hate treasures, & wish they spent the time making the areas for them and coming up with the treasures on something else in the game. Like another firefight.

Anyways, I think that the first 2 hours or so of the game were very awesome but I did not appreciate them enough because I was jonesing for firefights. That says something about a game when you can't appreciate the great story & opening because you want to get into the rest of the game so badly!

[quote name='lokizz']they went above and beyond with treasure placement on this one i dont think anyone could have found them all without some help unless you spent hours on end searching ever area in the game.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='J7.']I imagine so. I looked pretty well in U1 and still missed 8. It's awesome that they show how many treasure you've got/are in each chapter. That was something I did not enjoy not having in U1.[/QUOTE]
My first playthrough I went entire chapters without seeing a treasure and it wasn't until I went back with a guide did I find out they hid a bunch where you have to shoot them down. I can't remember if they did that in the first one, but some of them are so tucked away you'd never find them without a guide. I found maybe 30 my first time through plus I missed the relic whereas I found it and probably ~60 treasures my first time with the original Uncharted.

Most of them weren't even clever and just made me think 'how can we be a dick and hide this one?'

[quote name='J7.']Anyways, I think that the first 2 hours or so of the game were very awesome but I did not appreciate them enough because I was jonesing for firefights. That says something about a game when you can't appreciate the great story & opening because you want to get into the rest of the game so badly![/QUOTE]
Exactly. I went in ready to wreck face and then it was climb shit, story, story, stealthLoL, story, story, *sigh* stealth, shooting!. . and over too quickly, more story. . .fuck this.

[quote name='Jodou']Exactly. I went in ready to wreck face and then it was climb shit, story, story, stealthLoL, story, story, *sigh* stealth, shooting!. . and over too quickly, more story. . .fuck this.[/QUOTE]

I understand that the beginning of the game was lacking gun fights- but it was because they were trying to get everyone used to the new features- stealth kills, improved climbing, and improved hanging fire. If you look at the museum as a tutorial level- it's actually pretty brilliant.

Funny line I missed on the first play-
After the hotel colapse/escape Chloe says "I guess we came at the hotel's down season".

[quote name='Jodou']My first playthrough I went entire chapters without seeing a treasure and it wasn't until I went back with a guide did I find out they hid a bunch where you have to shoot them down.

Most of them weren't even clever and just made me think 'how can we be a dick and hide this one?'[/QUOTE]

I have to definitely agree with this comment. There was no originality behind hiding some of these, only a 'let's get it way out of the view, so they have to really hunt down or look it up on a guide' mentality.

In the first game, if you took your time after fights, you could easily locate 80-90% of the treasures. In UC2, you'd be lucky to find 60% of them on your first play without a guide. Towards the end of UC 2, though you could see that they were getting either lazy or just tired of designing just to hide them, as some were easily visible from afar.

[quote name='dragonjud']I have to definitely agree with this comment. There was no originality behind hiding some of these, only a 'let's get it way out of the view, so they have to really hunt down or look it up on a guide' mentality.

In the first game, if you took your time after fights, you could easily locate 80-90% of the treasures. In UC2, you'd be lucky to find 60% of them on your first play without a guide. Towards the end of UC 2, though you could see that they were getting either lazy or just tired of designing just to hide them, as some were easily visible from afar.[/QUOTE]
LOL!

Maybe because there is double the amount? 60% of a hundred is about all the treasures in Uncharted 1. :roll:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']LOL!

Maybe because there is double the amount? 60% of a hundred is about all the treasures in Uncharted 1. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Percertanges are to be compared to percentages. No, that's not what was meant by my comment. Maybe you got all 101 without a guide. Congratulations. To the rest of us, it was not as easy. You're just the god of gaming skills.

Here's an example:
Treasure x on Uncharted 1 ->"There're 5 small huts in the area, the development team put the treasure inside of a locker in hut #4"

Treasure x on Uncharted 2->"There're 5 small huts in the area, the development team put the treasure underneath the cliff behind hut #4, which required the player to jump over to the unseen platform underneath said cliff".

That has nothing to do with numbers, just design choices.

Oh, I'm not denying that some of the treasures are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I just found some mild amusment out of the percentages... let me be, I just woke up.

But there was this one treasure located
before you climb up the building to the helicopter scene (the big fire fight) - or the ending of the COOP level where you find the big treasure chest. That has one of the treasures located way up high inside the ornament structure of the temple. Even when I saw it in the guide, I still had trouble seeing where it was - because the glowing looked just like the light

But, it's fine finding 50ish treasures on your first play through and then going back and trying to find the rest or look at a guide. Brought me back to the good ol days of playing Tomb Raider with a guide. And having 101 treasures there are bound to be a bunch that are put in weird places.

did any of you notice that one point in the game
where the foreign guy pulls the level for you and the spinning cylinders drop down and break the arm bridges did any of you see that shining spot up where the cylinders drop from and think it was a treasure?

and could it possibly have been one ? i spent alot of time during my first playthrough trying to get it by shooting it down but it never dropped. I always wondered if it was a mistake in the game or somthing but that damn thing lookd like a treasure.

[quote name='Jodou']Exactly. I went in ready to wreck face and then it was climb shit, story, story, stealthLoL, story, story, *sigh* stealth, shooting!. . and over too quickly, more story. . .fuck this.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't that upset!

I hate treasures though. I'm sick of games doing this to artificially lengthen their games. I'd rather have 1-2 hour shorter game with no collectible hidden things. And put that development time towards a challenge mode or another firefight scene. I try to tell myself I won't check for any treasures so the NPC's won't run way ahead of me and I won't take myself out of the game, but then I see this other route that will probably lead to a treasure and I find myself searching.

I wish they would just make the EoI story that is coming out on the PSN an add on to the game. They said already that it's just a portion of the story planned for U2 that was cut.

I personally would have prefered a longer game and less bonus movies or multiplayer content.

Well I just finished the game and let me just say, WOW!

Easily one of my favorite action-adventure games. And i believe it is because of the ease of connecting with the characters. All in all they are so believable.

I don't understand why anyone would bother with treasures in their first go-round. This game is all about the story, so the first time I just wanted to see what happened next, and now I'm going back for the treasures.

I never bothered with treasures in the first game, and didn't in this one either. Only way I got any was if I literally stumbled onto them, think I only ended up with 12 or so. I don't get any enjoyment out of searching for those type of things. I am not a completest when it comes to gaming, I just play the campaign to the end and walk away, I could care less about the hidden treasures and getting trophies.

I'd like to see ND put the MP40 in the MP. Along with the .45 Defender & the Wes - 44, since both those guns show up under your stats page from Naughtydog's website.

[quote name='BoomHeadshot']I don't understand why anyone would bother with treasures in their first go-round. This game is all about the story, so the first time I just wanted to see what happened next, and now I'm going back for the treasures.[/QUOTE]
I do like to explore a bit and admire the environments, so treasures let you do a bit of that and accomplish something at the same time. It's good to take breaks and lengthen the game so it's not over too fast. But once you get a few treasures you want to look for more and then it becomes not worth it. So you have to balance it out.

[quote name='blader16']I'd like to see ND put the MP40 in the MP. Along with the .45 Defender & the Wes - 44, since both those guns show up under your stats page from Naughtydog's website.[/QUOTE]
Why would you use the Wes over the Desert Eagle or the MP40 over the AK?

Yea, I guess.

What ever happened to Hand to Hand combat in MP? I remember seeing it in the MP vids. I guess it wouldnt make much sense. But, it was cool.

Well for me,
I went on VERY EASY and went to the start of Chapter 6 - ran around blind firing ONE shot and hitting them to finish them off. Be fast though, Chloe kills them pretty fast...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Well for me,
I went on VERY EASY and went to the start of Chapter 6 - ran around blind firing ONE shot and hitting them to finish them off. Be fast though, Chloe kills them pretty fast...
[/QUOTE]

will using tweaks not let you get the trophy?

for steel fist-
I went to the sunken ship level on easy with slow-mo. You can pretty much just run up and knock out the tan guys with one hit. Blind fire a shot or 2 into the black guys for good measure.

If that doesn't work- go to the monastery, and try to get it BEFORE the part with the machine gunner where you have to push the cart).

Finally finished the single player. Great game. I wasn't a big fan of the
last bit of platforming with the floor collapsing. I would've preferred to have that be a piece of cinematic, and then cut to having to use the gun against the last guy. And the very last grab, after one more drop of death, also seemed unnecessary. But still enjoyed it.

thanks for all the help folks i was able to get it on level 4. now i have to do the headshot and gua trophy.wish there was a way to know how many kills with each youve got already.

[quote name='dragonjud']Finally finished the single player. Great game. I wasn't a big fan of the
last bit of platforming with the floor collapsing. I would've preferred to have that be a piece of cinematic, and then cut to having to use the gun against the last guy. And the very last grab, after one more drop of death, also seemed unnecessary. But still enjoyed it.
[/QUOTE]

I actually REALLY enjoyed the shooting part of that section. I think the camera should have stayed the same during the running section, or should have been a cinema.

[quote name='lokizz']thanks for all the help folks i was able to get it on level 4. now i have to do the headshot and gua trophy.wish there was a way to know how many kills with each youve got already.[/QUOTE]Headshots are listed in your stats in the bonus section. Wish you could see gun kills though. Last night I got the medal for the M4, swapped it for the Ak and after a handful of kills I had the medal for it, swapped it for the FAL and after a handful of kills I got the medal for it. Funny how it worked out that way as I just swapped weapons on a need basis (ie to have FAL's zoom, only get AK early on, M4 for hip firing needs, etc). I was on Chapter 20 and had to go out of town for a few days which was killing me. Got to chapter 24 with around 50 artifacts last night so I should wrap it up tonight. Thank goodness as my DVR is full from me not watching anything the last several days between being gone and spending all my time (10 hours) with this. I already can't wait to run through on Crushing, replay UC1 again (if the bugs from the PSN update are fixed) and then wait for UC3!

Somebody mentioned a while back contacting Amazon about their displeasure with the "treasure map" preorder bonus. They received a $5 credit to their account.

I actually did the same thing, saying I expected a bit more from the bonus (I expected it to actually help me :lol: ), and they credited my account $5 as well. Not bad...though I would've actually preferred a full "treasure map" instead.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Headshots are listed in your stats in the bonus section. ![/QUOTE]

appreciate that info that will help me alot with doing this one since after that ill only have 2 more to do then i can get back to mp goodness.

ND to tweak gameplay, punish quitters in next U2 patch

It seems they'll be tweaking the online multiplayer a bit, though, in an upcoming patch. They'll be making a few small changes to the basic gameplay, but the big thing they'll be looking at is punishing people for quitting the game early. "It's been a huge problem... it's infuriating, so we want to make sure it's discouraged," said creative director Amy Hennig.

No specific time frame for these updates were given, outside of 'before the end of the year'.

[quote name='J7.']ND to tweak gameplay, punish quitters in next U2 patch

It seems they'll be tweaking the online multiplayer a bit, though, in an upcoming patch. They'll be making a few small changes to the basic gameplay, but the big thing they'll be looking at is punishing people for quitting the game early. "It's been a huge problem... it's infuriating, so we want to make sure it's discouraged," said creative director Amy Hennig.

No specific time frame for these updates were given, outside of 'before the end of the year'.[/QUOTE]

i hope they do that theres nothing more annyoing than kicking ass in a mp game only to have the opposing team drop out one after the other.

The Eye of Indra motion comic pack will cost $2.50 for the final 3 episodes and comes with something for U2, as mentioned previously. Not 100% sure if that $2.50 is for all 3 or each, sounds like all 3 though.

How bout if you leave, it adds up your kills & deaths then multiplies it by 2 and that is added to your death count. And ontop of that, you can't play a game for the next 5 minutes.

Any of you guys run into any ND employees while playing? I've heard of people seeing them & I personally just saw my first tonight. To tell If they are an employee, they have the ND dog footprint logo after their name. Strangely the logo only showed up after his physical name tag above his character, but not beside his name on the leaderboards.

[quote name='blader16']How bout if you leave, it adds up your kills & deaths then multiplies it by 2 and that is added to your death count. And ontop of that, you can't play a game for the next 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]
And then they should drive to your house and punch you in the balls.

I'm all for the punishment of mid game droppers. But, I really hope they negate that punishment if more then 2 people leave from your side. It is not fun when you and another dude (that doesn't speak english) are the only ones versus 5 rank 40 guys - and then all they do is camp you.

bread's done
Back