Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='lokizz']theyre doing a double money weekend for those of you who havent played it for a while.[/QUOTE]
Is the new map up for DL? I might play for double cash.

[quote name='Jodou']Is the new map up for DL? I might play for double cash.[/QUOTE]

i dont think so its supposed to come with a new update i think and it didnt prompt me to update last time i was on but its suposed to be today.

I like the double cash weekends,but I wish it could be that only instead of some weird gimmick to the game. Seeing a bunch of fat Nathan Drake's really isn't doing it for me. I wish they would have left it alone,but had double cash. Let me guess for Christmas it will be Nathan dressed up as Santa against one of the girls as a elf? I really hope that isn't the case.

[quote name='jman619']I like the double cash weekends,but I wish it could be that only instead of some weird gimmick to the game. Seeing a bunch of fat Nathan Drake's really isn't doing it for me. I wish they would have left it alone,but had double cash. Let me guess for Christmas it will be Nathan dressed up as Santa against one of the girls as a elf? I really hope that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

play the arena mode you use normal characters there and can make tons of money. even when lost a survial round i was able to pull in 32,000.

[quote name='lokizz']play the arena mode you use normal characters there and can make tons of money. even when lost a survial round i was able to pull in 32,000.[/QUOTE]

Alright will do. I'll try that out tonight. I noticed they have really updated the game lately with that last patch. I still haven't got to play that new map.

[quote name='jman619']Alright will do. I'll try that out tonight. I noticed they have really updated the game lately with that last patch. I still haven't got to play that new map.[/QUOTE]

the new map is ok. its good for gold rush but survial is damn hard to beat on it. btw when you do arena make sure you have 2 people you can trust so party up that will save you from losing because youre on a team with people who wont revive you when you need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jman619']I like the double cash weekends,but I wish it could be that only instead of some weird gimmick to the game. Seeing a bunch of fat Nathan Drake's really isn't doing it for me. I wish they would have left it alone,but had double cash. Let me guess for Christmas it will be Nathan dressed up as Santa against one of the girls as a elf? I really hope that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]Now if Nate got out of breath and couldn't run far or climb ledges it would be funny and even change tactics some.

Went back and got my Platinum (my first!) on this last night and got all of the in game medals as well. Used chapter 4 for the GAU, MP40 and nazi pistol kills and steel fist expert. Used Urban Warfare and part of the next chapter for 75 kills in a row and riot rocker. I'll be online some in MP with this soon. Just been busy watching all the shows that piled up on my Tivo while I spent all my time playing this and then MW2's SP.

I've been seeing new icons for levels that have roman numerals. Is that some sort of prestige type of thing?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I've been seeing new icons for levels that have roman numerals. Is that some sort of prestige type of thing?[/QUOTE]
Roman Numerals are for those at the top spectrum of the leaderboard.

I think it's a good map. The 2nd level makes you work as a team with so much cover and it being so linear and having FAL's all over the place.

My only gripe with the map is since it is so linear and you take out a couple of people from the opposing team and your team is swarming, chances are they will spawn near you to get an easy kill.

and it's hard getting away and finding cover that fast because of the angles they spawn in.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I think it's a good map. The 2nd level makes you work as a team with so much cover and it being so linear and having FAL's all over the place.

My only gripe with the map is since it is so linear and you take out a couple of people from the opposing team and your team is swarming, chances are they will spawn near you to get an easy kill.

and it's hard getting away and finding cover that fast because of the angles they spawn in.[/QUOTE]

yeah the spawning on that one sucks too. i went into an area after killing a guy turned to look out the other way and 2 enemies spawned right behind me. its happned a couple of times that i can think of.

For those of you still playing MP and haven't been checking the CAG thread on multiplater, we've been doing some mid-week online play over the last few days. I've FR'ed a lot of you recently and hope you'll consider joining other fellow CAGs for some good times.

Will be on tonight around 9pm central if you're interested. Don't be surprised if you see an invite from me to join a chat room for organizing.

Thanks!

I got this from Amazon and just started playing the other day. It seems pretty much exactly like the first one which isn't really a bad thing. The only problem I have is that sometimes I just get completely lost on where to go (specifically on parts where I need to get up to a high place, I always have trouble finding some of the jumps). I had the same problem on the first one as well.

Also, how does the co-op work?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']
Also, how does the co-op work?[/QUOTE]

There are three different flavors of co-op. Each allows you to play with two other buds. One mode follows a sort of loose story line progressing through different modified scenes from single-player.

Another mode puts you in a multiplayer map fighting waves of enemies. The third mode is a plunder-style match against CPU-controlled enemies.

I think they all work very well and are enjoyable especially if you get your ass handed to you in regular MP.

On the hard difficulty, the modes can be pretty tough.

You can earn $$ for upgrades in the co-op mode.

I just finished the game and I absolutely frickin loved it. I have played most of the "big" games this year (haven't played AC II, getting that for Christmas) and I think this is my personal GotY, just scooting by Batman:AA and MW2. I liked the first game a lot but this one just feels better in almost every way, which is kind of interesting considering its not really that different from the 1st game. I played 1 match of MP, seems like a fun time can be had there. I also am looking forward to playing some coop at some point, coop in any game is a plus for me. Just great stuff overall, great game.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']There are three different flavors of co-op. Each allows you to play with two other buds. One mode follows a sort of loose story line progressing through different modified scenes from single-player.

Another mode puts you in a multiplayer map fighting waves of enemies. The third mode is a plunder-style match against CPU-controlled enemies.

I think they all work very well and are enjoyable especially if you get your ass handed to you in regular MP.

On the hard difficulty, the modes can be pretty tough.

You can earn $$ for upgrades in the co-op mode.[/QUOTE]

So far I've played the enemy wave variety of co-op and the one with the storyline of sorts, but I haven't played the plunder type one as of yet.

Personally though, I hated the competitive modes of multiplayer, since it seemed like too many people who were playing this game since the beta were spawn camping the powerful weapons and I was having flashbacks of Warhawk.:roll:

The co-op story ones are really hard (on Hard lol). I wonder what's it like on Crushing...

The survival co-op is amazingly easy if you have people who know what to do and the Plunder one is just a tad bit harder.

Just saw a thread on IGN saying Uncharted 2 won GotY from Spike's VGAs. It also won best graphics according to Wikipedia.

I don't care about Spike and don't think their VGAs have any credibility but just figured I'd let you guys know.

[quote name='Vinny']Just saw a thread on IGN saying Uncharted 2 won GotY from Spike's VGAs. It also won best graphics according to Wikipedia.

I don't care about Spike and don't think their VGAs have any credibility but just figured I'd let you guys know.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised it won. I thought MW2 would win just out of sheer popularity and hype for the game.

Kudos to Spike VGA Awards for getting this one right.

[quote name='pram12']The co-op story ones are really hard (on Hard lol). I wonder what's it like on Crushing....[/QUOTE]

On Crushing it is really unique, all the enemies have skeleton skulls for their heads (for intimidation purposes). The mode also throws "advanced enemies" at you in great swarms early. So expect a lot of the armored soldiers carrying FALs/SPAS, snipers, launch men (GL), and RPG enemies. Of course during the sections where you fight against the Mini-gunners, there is often more of them as well. It is difficulty, but I've done it many times with my friend for the two medals "Back to Back" and "Masters of the Universe" medals.

Also avoid the Plunder coop unless your lucky enough to get a few people who will actually go for the treasure. Otherwise, they just play the mode like it was survival.

Is there a way to require the co-op game I join to be at a certain difficulty level? I'm trying to play the co-op story missions on hard, but 99% of the time I get in a game it's on easy or normal. The little cutscenes I once found amusing are now getting annoying, and I don't want to keep getting penalized for leaving co-op games.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey what are those emblems some people have, it is like a Pink (or black ect) diamond(?) with a roman numeral inside and a dot above.[/QUOTE]

Means they have no life.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey what are those emblems some people have, it is like a Pink (or black ect) diamond(?) with a roman numeral inside and a dot above.[/QUOTE]

People who are above level 50 get roman numerals. 51, 52, 53? are pink and 60's are black.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Is there a way to require the co-op game I join to be at a certain difficulty level? I'm trying to play the co-op story missions on hard, but 99% of the time I get in a game it's on easy or normal. The little cutscenes I once found amusing are now getting annoying, and I don't want to keep getting penalized for leaving co-op games.[/QUOTE]

It depends on two things: the difficulty the coop level you want (set in your profile) and what your other two partner's want regarding difficulty. If two of the players have set it to crushing, but the third has it set to easy, then the game will always choose the lowest difficulty. If you want to play on hard or crushing, then I suggest you invite some friends to a custom game where you can set the difficulty manually.

[quote name='Supplice']It depends on two things: the difficulty the coop level you want (set in your profile) and what your other two partner's want regarding difficulty. If two of the players have set it to crushing, but the third has it set to easy, then the game will always choose the lowest difficulty. If you want to play on hard or crushing, then I suggest you invite some friends to a custom game where you can set the difficulty manually.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, yeah I figured my best bet would be to get a group together. Hopefully I can find some people and do it this weekend so I can get some extra $

Don't forget for those that play the MP, the double cash event ends on December 27th, at 11am PST. Also, the 50K limit has been removed (still a 100K limit) which makes leveling beyond level 50 a bit less painless. X)

[quote name='Supplice']Don't forget for those that play the MP, the double cash event ends on December 27th, at 11am PST. Also, the 50K limit has been removed (still a 100K limit) which makes leveling beyond level 50 a bit less painless. X)[/QUOTE]

i plan on trying to finish leveling up this weekend with the 2 bosters ive been using ( less ammo/health) i pull in 65000 per 5 kills. i hit the 100000 cap after 10 kills its awesome stuff too bad theres not a 200000 cap.

[quote name='lokizz']i plan on trying to finish leveling up this weekend with the 2 bosters ive been using ( less ammo/health) i pull in 65000 per 5 kills. i hit the 100000 cap after 10 kills its awesome stuff too bad theres not a 200000 cap.[/QUOTE]

You can reach the 100K cap after 10 kills with just the Invalid booster (80K for invalid, plus kills and other medals). That is how I've been going about it. Putting the less ammo booster as well is too much of a handicap for double cash :shock:

[quote name='Supplice']You can reach the 100K cap after 10 kills with just the Invalid booster (80K for invalid, plus kills and other medals). That is how I've been going about it. Putting the less ammo booster as well is too much of a handicap for double cash :shock:[/QUOTE]

its hard as hel but effective so far ive gone up 2 levels looking to go up 2 more before they end the weekend bonus. it took time getting used to having less ammo in a clip but its easier to adjust to than using the half energy one that one can be very frustrating since people can snipe you quickly with the flal.

Can anyone provide a link that explains the ranking system for U2? I seem to have my rank # + badge with another number next to it. Does the color of your badge denote something? Manual is useless. But gameplay is great.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Can anyone provide a link that explains the ranking system for U2? I seem to have my rank # + badge with another number next to it. Does the color of your badge denote something? Manual is useless. But gameplay is great.[/QUOTE]

once you hit level 51 you will have a roman nuberal badge and as you go up the ruman numeral will change as well as the color of the badge.

I just started this the other night. Single player is unbelievably good so far. Pacing, gameplay, graphics and story all all top notch. Why was there only 4,400 people online last night? Is everyone done with MP already?

[quote name='javeryh']I just started this the other night. Single player is unbelievably good so far. Pacing, gameplay, graphics and story all all top notch. Why was there only 4,400 people online last night? Is everyone done with MP already?[/QUOTE]

The number of people online is innacurate. They only show the number of people on a certain server, this coming from ND themselves.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']The number of people online is innacurate. They only show the number of people on a certain server, this coming from ND themselves.[/QUOTE]

i always wondered about that considering if you look at the rankings theres over 200,000 people listed in them.

Is anyone else having issues with this game? Yesterday it wouldn't load up at all. The dagger kept spinning forever. Also when I play multi-player the character locks up, and I can't move. I have to wait till extremely late to play the game. I guess the character locking up is some form of lag. I really wish they would change it where it actually lagged instead of the character locking up.

[quote name='jman619']Is anyone else having issues with this game? Yesterday it wouldn't load up at all. The dagger kept spinning forever. Also when I play multi-player the character locks up, and I can't move. I have to wait till extremely late to play the game. I guess the character locking up is some form of lag. I really wish they would change it where it actually lagged instead of the character locking up.[/QUOTE]

it happens i doubt they will ever fix it so every game runs the way it should but its better than what it used to be. oh yeah btw if any of you play mp on the lost city be careful i ran into a group a while back that someone found a glitch in the game that allowed one of the to go into a wall and shoot out at you from damn near anywhere you are.

I haven't played this game online in a week or two now and had I noticed the 50% more TIV coupon for PS3 games at Gamestop this game would've been dumped right then and there.

I can't stand the multiplayer myself, except for the storyline/party modes. I guess GTAIV has spoiled me with having a mini map and player icons on it to show where enemies are.

As for lag, I can only imagine how badly I must lag with my paltry 768 dsl on this game when I did play it.

[quote name='lokizz']it happens i doubt they will ever fix it so every game runs the way it should but its better than what it used to be. oh yeah btw if any of you play mp on the lost city be careful i ran into a group a while back that someone found a glitch in the game that allowed one of the to go into a wall and shoot out at you from damn near anywhere you are.[/QUOTE]

Seems like my character only locks up when my internet isn't at its fullest. If I wait till late and play it. My character never does lock up. That's why I think its a form of lag. I wish they would change it though. I rather get some lag as my character just stand there. xD

bread's done
Back