Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - (use spoiler tags please)

[quote name='Chronis']I don't think naughty Dog views trophies highly enough to add new ones with DLC.[/QUOTE]

They thought enough of trophies to go back and add them to the first game.

Just finished the game this weekend. It's amazing how good the story, characters, environments, and set pieces of action are. I actually made my wife watch the last couple cut scenes because they just displayed the great 'feel' of uncharted as an adventure/comedy/shootem up.

Anyway, great stuff. Between this and Demon's Souls, my ps3 purchase has been justified.

If you read their full post, they're not doing a blanket lower health. Instead, they're trying to change everything to give the game a better feel.

One of the reasons why so many don't like the game is the bullet sponge feel. This is combined with some bullets having travel time, it makes it very difficult for newer players to do anything in the game. This in turn leads to those new players leaving the community instead of adding to it, which then stagnates the community. Eventually you reach a point where there's only die hards playing the game making it completely unfriendly to new players.

Feb 25 DLC confimed! Uncharted 1 related material. 2 maps, 6 skins (Drake, Elena, Atoq Navarro, Eddie Raja, Gabriel Roman and the enemy pirate Javie), and MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES!!! The total cost is $5.99, or you can get skins separately for $2.99 and the maps separate for $3.99.

Trophy List: Sneaky... - Get 50 Stealth Kills

Brass Knuckles - Get 100 Melee Kills

Tastes Like Chicken - Get 20 BBQ Medals

Rapid Fire - Get 7 Tripled Medals in Deathmatch

I Told You I Was Hardcore! - Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Hard Difficulty

Made It - Finish Wave 10 in one Survival Game

Gold Digger - Finish Wave 10 in one Gold Rush Game

Wipe Them Out... - Win 50 Deathmatch Games

Plays Well With Others - Win 50 Objective Games

Still Alive - Win 50 Elimination Games

Plundered! - Get 200 Captured Medals

Cold Blooded - Get 2,500 Kills in Deathmatch or Elimination games

Tip Off – Be the First Player to Grab the Treasure in Plunder

Protectorate – Shoot and Kill 5 Enemies that were Damaging the Treasure Carrier

No Cigar – Kill the Treasure Carrier while They are about to Score

None Shall Pass – Get 5 Kills while in the Hill during a King of the Hill

First! – Get the First Kill of the Game

Finish Him! – Get the Last Kill of the Game

Retaliation – Kill the Last Player that Killed You

Defender – Kill a Player that is Actively Shooting One of Your Teammates

That Was Embarrassing – Earn a Shutout in Plunder

Put'em Down – Kill Someone in the Knockdown State with a Pistol Weapon

Unlucky – Die 5 Times in a Row without Getting a Kill

Tricky – Kill a Player with a Pistol Weapon while Hanging

Clicky!

[quote name='pram12']Feb 25 DLC confimed! Uncharted 1 related material. 2 maps, 6 skins (Drake, Elena, Atoq Navarro, Eddie Raja, Gabriel Roman and the enemy pirate Javie), and MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES!!! The total cost is $5.99, or you can get skins separately for $2.99 and the maps separate for $3.99.

Trophy List: Sneaky... - Get 50 Stealth Kills

I Told You I Was Hardcore! - Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Hard Difficulty

Tip Off – Be the First Player to Grab the Treasure in Plunder

Protectorate – Shoot and Kill 5 Enemies that were Damaging the Treasure Carrier

No Cigar – Kill the Treasure Carrier while They are about to Score

None Shall Pass – Get 5 Kills while in the Hill during a King of the Hill

First! – Get the First Kill of the Game

Finish Him! – Get the Last Kill of the Game

Retaliation – Kill the Last Player that Killed You

Defender – Kill a Player that is Actively Shooting One of Your Teammates

That Was Embarrassing – Earn a Shutout in Plunder

Put'em Down – Kill Someone in the Knockdown State with a Pistol Weapon

Unlucky – Die 5 Times in a Row without Getting a Kill

Tricky – Kill a Player with a Pistol Weapon while Hanging

Clicky![/QUOTE]

You beat me. I just looked at IGN and saw that. That's awesome news! Really happy about the maps. I knew they was coming. Then I saw they added trophies which is awesome. Not crazy over the skins,but I'll get those as well.:lol:

Figures they aren't retroactively giving out trophies because it's not like they couldn't, they just want to get players to play again. If anyone ends up trophy boosting, I'll come help for the lulz.

So I downloaded the single player demo today and I couldnt help but notice how good the game sounds with my new surround sound system. Amazing! This will be the game I play when my friends come over to show them how much of a difference surround sound makes in video games.

Shame the trophies aren't retroactive, I have them all except 4: sneaky, unlucky, plundered, and none shall pass. I just stick mostly to TDM and coop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the first 12 on that list are Trophies. The next 12 are new medals. I hope these are retroactive in some way.

How do you unlock Hard and Crushing for Co-op anyway?

As for hard and crushing. There are two ways to go about this: an easy and hard way. Easy way is to get two other friends, and manually set the difficulty for coop then beat it. It will unlock the next difficulty. The hard way, is playing online in hopes that the other two players have their difficulty set to the same one as yours or higher. Go to your profile and select the highest difficulty that is unlocked for you. If two of you have it set to normal, but the third guy has it set to easy then the game is going to choose easy. Thus, you can't unlock the higher difficulty.

I've beaten like 1 mission on Normal, so...yeah, I'm going to need some help doing the other 2 on Normal so when the patch comes out I can get that Trophy.

As for their worth, here's a guess:
Bronze
Sneaky... - Get 50 Stealth Kills

Silver

Gold

So what happens to the players who don't buy the DLC. How will it match them up? I don't have too much experience in online shooters (Uncharted 2 is the first one I play like crazy) so ya. I guess COD4 had something similar to this right?

[quote name='smiggity']No Coop maps? Im trading this in today then[/QUOTE]

ND has been saying all along that the resources to create the story co-op maps is huge. I'll take them at their word for that, however some new co-op modes would have been nice.

Can you trade your game to my buddy, he wants to play.

[quote name='KingBroly']Only the first 12 on that list are Trophies. The next 12 are new medals. I hope these are retroactive in some way.

How do you unlock Hard and Crushing for Co-op anyway?[/QUOTE]IGN says that the new medals and trophies are not retroactive so you'll be starting on those from scratch.

[quote name='pram12']So what happens to the players who don't buy the DLC. How will it match them up? I don't have too much experience in online shooters (Uncharted 2 is the first one I play like crazy) so ya. I guess COD4 had something similar to this right?[/QUOTE]

im wondering this as well. having new maps to buy is going to divide the already small online community. really wish they just kept the maps all free and charged for skins and other things.

Title Update 1.05 came out today. It upped the damage of weapons (for example, sniper rifle is now a 1 shot kill) and for some reason, the AK-47 has an incredible range now. They also added new medals (which now appear in the center with a BOOM!). Not really liking the update. I can't usually get into cover when an enemy starts shooting at me... I die too fast (this is coming from a lvl. 50).

ive played with invalid for the longest time. if they increased weapon damage, im trading this in. between this, medals now popping up in the middle of the screen (seriously, who at naughty dog thought that was a good idea?) and what seems like every update they do it takes longer to find people... its getting to be too much.

Weapon damage has increased, it takes less shots to kill people. I just played the village and cleaned house with the M4 (5-7? to kill), Sniper rifle (1 bullet to kill), and FAL (6 bullets to kill). It just feels like the experimental health update where everyone was hiding. Anyway, I won't be playing until the 25th when stats start counting towards the new trophies.

[quote name='8bitArtist']ive played with invalid for the longest time. if they increased weapon damage, im trading this in. between this, medals now popping up in the middle of the screen (seriously, who at naughty dog thought that was a good idea?) and what seems like every update they do it takes longer to find people... its getting to be too much.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I mis-worded it. Top-middle. And yes, the weapon damage is up. The AK-47 is now too beast... it's OP'ed. Same with DSniper.

I am about to play the multi-player for the first time. Just need those two to get the platinum. Be the first time playing MP with it since testing it, so I am interested to see how it plays today.

I am sure if people don't like the new set up, Naughty Dog will fix it. They take what their players say to heart.

[quote name='pram12']Title Update 1.05 came out today. It upped the damage of weapons (for example, sniper rifle is now a 1 shot kill) and for some reason, the AK-47 has an incredible range now. They also added new medals (which now appear in the center with a BOOM!). Not really liking the update. I can't usually get into cover when an enemy starts shooting at me... I die too fast (this is coming from a lvl. 50).[/QUOTE]

Those sound like terrible updates... especially the sniper rifle.:whistle2:?

This reminds me of Resistance 2, where the last update they made ruined the game. I would think that the new levels will allow for coop play, just not for the coop story mode.(Just like the fort) The Ak and fal were already overpowered, and I can't believe they would make them any better. In the beta they had sniper only matches, and i am definately upset they still don't have those.
Those new levels look pretty cool, but I might hold out for a big bundle if they don't fix the weapon damage. I usually have sure shot on and run around with a 9mm. That is going to be much harder now that they have upped weapon damage. Down the irons is going to be stupid now.:bomb: If there going to fix anything it should have been the melee detection because i have been punched through walls, punched from 15 yards away, and been pulled from a ledge after I jumped 3 feet in the air multiple times.

What's the max level one can gets up to? Does it revert back to level 1 or something? I was playing last night and some level 1 guy totally owned the match.

[quote name='eau']What's the max level one can gets up to? Does it revert back to level 1 or something? I was playing last night and some level 1 guy totally owned the match.[/QUOTE]
60 is the max or 'X'. Sounds to me like they dumbed it down to the point where CAL-0 scrubs could dominate, but then again the MP wasn't anything special to begin with.

[quote name='eau']What's the max level one can gets up to? Does it revert back to level 1 or something? I was playing last night and some level 1 guy totally owned the match.[/QUOTE]

Then again, it could be a level 60 in disguise :bouncy:. But ya, it's way to easy for beginners to own matches now. Barely any skill required now.

I like the changes in the MP. The medal icons, the sounds, the health changes.

If you have a group of people you play with you can dominate just by calling out the locations of enemies, so you can still play this competitively, in a sense and for fun.

I'm not sure if I'm buying the new levels since I don't play this as much, but I want to get back into it, so maybe.

What MP are you talking about?

[quote name='Saint Noir']I did my first match today! I had a blast... went in as a level one and came out a level 5. I'm on my way to becoming a man. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Go in some more and you could become a dead man ;)

Oh, I died some for sure. I think I will hold off a bit until it counts towards the trophies. But I will be playing it quite a bit I imagine. I was playing plunder first. I loved that mode way back in the day.

The only bad thing about the health is that you can now shoot someone in the toe and kill them with a sniper.

I have mixed feelings with the health changes. On one side it's nice having to kill someone fast, you can say it's much more realistic. But on the other hand if your facing against a group, it can be a massacre. The mulitplayer levels was designed to be a little "arcade-y", and having the damage increase kinda screws that up for some people.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Haven't tried the update yet, but did they change the shotgun? Or is aiming with it still optional[/QUOTE]

I noticed they nerfed the efficiency of blind firing the shotgun and pistole. Now you really have to be close to the other player if you want to kill them and even then it isn't an automatic kill anymore because the aim can be a little off now.

I played a few more matches with my friends. I have to say that after getting use to it I like it. Even if its changed in the future I wouldn't mind adapting to that one as well. I mostly like the patch due to what was mentioned by Interstella: It tones down people running around carefree with shotguns and pistoles. Plus, I actually feel like using the sniper rifle now whereas before I would have dreaded it.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I noticed they nerfed the efficiency of blind firing the shotgun and pistole. Now you really have to be close to the other player if you want to kill them and even then it isn't an automatic kill anymore because the aim can be a little off now.[/QUOTE]

That's good news. I'm sick of shooting someone with an AK, only to have them turn slightly and insta-kill me with a shotgun.

sounds like the updates suck especially the one hit sniper rifle and the medals popping up mid screen like a 60s batman show sound effect. sounds like the new dlc will be good though has there been any videos put up yet of the actual levels?

[quote name='lokizz']sounds like the updates suck especially the one hit sniper rifle and the medals popping up mid screen like a 60s batman show sound effect. sounds like the new dlc will be good though has there been any videos put up yet of the actual levels?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. the medals popup is annoying, especially when you also die the scoreboard would be on top of the medal and you can't even see what medal it is.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/1422...s/videos/uncharted2_trl_dlctrailer_21210.html

[quote name='eau']Yeah. the medals popup is annoying, especially when you also die the scoreboard would be on top of the medal and you can't even see what medal it is.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/1422...s/videos/uncharted2_trl_dlctrailer_21210.html[/QUOTE]

thanks for the video link those levels look sick definelty worth the buy. finally tried out the new update and damn that medal shit is annoying not only where it pops up but they changed the sound it used to made.

the shotguns didnt feel or seem tha diff when i did the run and gun but as far as i can see they did drop the life level down which i can deal with but newer people will get demolished ( considering many of them like to stand there and shoot out in the open).

i like that they added something with the new mp trophies that will allow you to see how far youre away from getting them could have used that with the previous trophies but hell they should be retroactive since like a few of you have stated ive acheived a number of those already.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm going to need some help doing the other 2 on Normal so when the patch comes out I can get that Trophy.

As for their worth, here's a guess:
Bronze
Sneaky... - Get 50 Stealth Kills

Silver

Gold
[/QUOTE]

So far, I've seen several sites post that the there are 11 bronze trophies and 1 silver (cold blooded). It also seems that you may need to purchase the map pack in order to have the trophies unlocked due to the "required" message on the screen.

Source

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Why doesn't my Golden Gun preorder code work? :whistle2:k:whistle2:k:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

did it have an expiration date? speaking of gold weapons itd be nice if you could have all weapons golden.

bread's done
Back